Need info on how to take down 90+ heavy venos ...... inputs pls. b:surrender
Post edited by Charizrd - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    stun + lighting = problem solved.

you need to get the jump on him/her thou.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Comy - Lost City
    Comy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    how can u stun + lighting when every Veno whit QQbird send the bird on your **** and they run???and the pheonix will **** u easyb:laughb:laughb:laugh pk pots will help u alot vs Veno...b:victory
    They can run...but they cant hide!!!b:laugh
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    how can u stun + lighting when every Veno whit QQbird send the bird on your **** and they run??

You might try aim low on her bird? Or maybe frost arrow on her. Or, if she abandons her bird, maybe you should send her birdie home? (But we seem to only do half damage against phoenixes unless we were also flying). Knockback and frost arrows can also be helpful here?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    most heavy veno's have much lower hp than other heavy characters and you hit them hard.

basically kill them before the qqbird kills you ._.

wing shell > paralyze the veno > purify pot when bled > metal debuff> lightning > thunder aoe > stun > hope for crits

hell wingspan helps against the phoenix too >_>
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    how can u stun + lighting when every Veno whit QQbird send the bird on your **** and they run???and the pheonix will **** u easyb:laughb:laughb:laugh pk pots will help u alot vs Veno...b:victory

Hence i said you'll have to get the jump on the veno
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Comy - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    for Cyanea...Knockback dont work in pvp!b:victory
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My heavy veno friend takes 5 shots to kill with metal attacks in duel....

Add on heiro from normal pvp and yeah...fun stuff
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My heavy veno friend takes 5 shots to kill with metal attacks in duel....

Add on heiro from normal pvp and yeah...fun stuff

If you're talkin about who I think you are she's not exactly the usual heavy veno build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Shes the REAL heavy veno build tho. This is how it was always done on oracle and this is the build that works dont know why all these noob venos are running around with pdef necklace and belt and full heavy set. As a veno you should NEVER go heavy unless u have the money to +5 or more ur gears for hp and +5 or more ur adorns and rings for magic defense. This is why most wait till 90 as every +5 their gear at 90 anyway.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Comy - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    pheonix=beast b:laugh
  • Chaoslegend - Lost City
    Chaoslegend - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey hey...u telling out the secret lol....more good built HEAVY WF = NO FUN for other class xD
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Answers to your question:
    ☆Windcatcher [weapon of choice]
    Interval Between Hits -0.1 seconds
    Range +2
    Winged Blessing [Must have passive skill]
    Increases the range of all ranged attacks by 10 meters.
    Wings of Protection [Must have skill]
    The majestic power of the Winged Race increases nearby squad members' evasion by 35% for 30 minutes. Also for 600 seconds increases their speed by 15%. The speed increase does not stack with any other effect.
    Aim Low [Use it as a 1st skill]
    Focus all of your energy to aim a single shot inflicting base physical damage plus 3469.5 and Freezes the target for 8.0 seconds.
    Knockback Arrow [Use it on the phoenix and not the veno]
    One rapid shot inflicts base physical damage plus 1864.6 and knocks the target back 12 meters.
    Elven Alacrity [If you **** up, cast and run/fly]
    Skill developed by the elite Archers to maintain their high mobility. Temporarily increases movement speed to maximum and immunizes the caster against all movement status ailments. Lasts 8 seconds.
    There you go, learn to use them in the correct combination.

I call it Venos on The Menu: Kite The Birdie (VoTM: KTB, yes yes LOTR inspiration)

You have to kite the phoenix and stun the veno then kill it. The Phoenix can't chase you from thousand streams to Dreamweaver port unless the owner (the veno) is in a 27 meter radius of the bird. If the distance between the bird and the veno exceeds 27 meters, the bird resets and pops right beside the veno. If the bird wants to bite you again it has to travel 32 m before it can get you. That is where you use those skills.

Your range (20 + 10 + 2) is more than the command radius. Its tricky, but if you get it right... it's easy to kill the veno, make sure you check her equipments to see if it's Heavy or LA or Robe, choose your skills accordingly (i.e. physical shots or metal, when you use metal shots make sure you fire the metal def decrease arrow 1st).

Venos with a phoenix are very cocky. They will chase you till they kill you. So use this to your advantage. If you end up kiting the veno into quit killing you, then laugh at the veno, because it's $200 hax bird obviously needs a speed boost.

Oh and it requires a lot of practice and It mostly fails but works if the veno is kind off dumb (which most are). So GL.
    for Cyanea...Knockback dont work in pvp!b:victory
    Knockback works on the veno's pet. Have you ever tried it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.