edited May 2009 in Archer
I need best pick so please help me ;]

Now i'm lvl 66 and I'm using

Solarslayer+3 (1sckt +20dmg)
526 - 1146 dmg
+ 64 phys dmg
+ chance to Slow
+ 145 HP

I'm really happy about it's slow ability and HP addition but don't know what to do next. At lvl 69 I definetly buy Wind and Clouds+3 (1-2 sckt) for grinding because of it's speed but what 2nd weapon should I choose for TT/Bosses etc? Should I keep the Solarslayer or change it for TT 70 Unicorn+3 with higher min dmg, a little faster than Solarslayer but has only addidtion to accuracy (i'm pure dex so I have it a lot) or maybe should I think about smth else?
Post edited by Xavio - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Wind and Clouds is amazing for PVE, unless you like to PVP as well, i'd get it up to +4 and use it at least until 80... possibly even until 88 or 90.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Comy - Lost City
    Comy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wait till 70 and use hh70xbowb:laugh
    They can run...but they cant hide!!!b:laugh
  • Xavio - Sanctuary
    Xavio - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wait till 70 and use hh70xbowb:laugh

Which one? With addon of Vitality/Dex or +5% speed ? Combo with vitality and dex would be awesome but there is no such xbow ;]
  • Charizrd - Heavens Tear
    Charizrd - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    get the wind and clouds or hh70 bow (cheap and enough powerful) . It is enough to go through 70's. getting the xbow is not a priority there.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've had no problem using my Winds and the Clouds +1 for TT / Bosses. If you stick to regular attacks, the speed bonus from Winds and the Clouds adds up.

I've found that my damage output is limited by the tank's ability to keep aggro, so getting the maximum damage weapon for bosses is sort of meaningless. Am I wrong in this assumption? I'm a hybrid build, by the way, so my damage output is noticeably less than that of a pure dex build.
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    Keroman - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but which tt70 xbow is best? I've already got a unicorn and wind & clouds for grinding.. I'm using the swiftwind (?) tt60 xbow at the moment, but I want to upgrade it when I get there. I'm thinking the one that leads to the + crit at 80 would be best (thundercrack?), but there's another that doesn't look so bad. Any thoughts, anyone?
  • Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear
    Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i grinded with TT70 unicorn from 70-79. only because it was so cost-effective. It's so cheap to make. Thundercrack is nice and all but it costs a lot more than the unicorn to make. Unicorns can be made for about 150-200k each
  • Xavio - Sanctuary
    Xavio - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't care about the costs - can have for 600k Unicorn+3 but I don't know is it worth to change for it from Solarslayer or not...
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ok first of all decide are u gonna use bow, xbow, or sling at 90 as ur main weapon. If u gonna use xbow i recomend u make a thundercrack at 70, make flash fire at 80 and make blinding radiance at 90 that is the most widely accepted "best" not cheapest way to go for xbow(even if u make thundercrack at 70 its best to grind using wind and clouds). If ur gonna get dragon bow at lvl 90 then just get whatever is cheapest to be cost effective or u can make TT weapons(xbow, sling, bow) and resell it. Dragon bow can be made from scratch no need for previous weapons. Unicorn is ok its cheap i used one as well, its not majorly gonna put u in awe in its awesomeness but its a ok weapon and the accuracy isnt all that great cause u should already have a 90%+ hit rate. Wind and clouds is great for grinding fast fireing rate, if u test side by side with unicorn then wind and clouds is way superior for grind. Slings i dont know enough about to comment beyond wind and clouds so thats the end of my info.
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    Keroman - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Slingshots are generally considered best for grinding PvE.
  • wuxinnan
    wuxinnan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    so i just want to make this clear once and for all...if i'm just grinding and doing pve then wind and the cloud is the one i want t lvl 69? and until what lvl should i give it up at? also is it worth less to spend perf shard and plus it like mad?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wind and clouds till 80, at that point id suggest soulsmasher if you grind effectively with w&c youll be able to afford it
    i wouldnt perfect shard 69 wep, 70s arent long enough to be worth it , beautiful is enough? maybe even average , +2-4 is relatively price worthy,
    i am also a huge fan for bracers of blood moon for pve (25 silver25 copper dragon orders to get mold) so depends how you wish to shuffle money around
  • wuxinnan
    wuxinnan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    so there are no more slings after the wind and cloud? and i should use bow next as a grinding weapon (ie:soulsmasher)?
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    69 sling best from 70-80, a xbow is good for pvp and deciding which one depends on your choice of 8x xbow. Most people will have a 69sling and a xbow. The 70 unicorn bow is the worst 7x weapon.

80-90 most use flash fire as it is a prerequisite for Blinding radiance which is the best 90 weapon. Some use Chained jail but that requires re-farming 60-80 xbows to get a BR when u hit 90 which can be expensive for a fun stun ever now and again through 8x. Soulsmasher is by far the best 8x weapon but it is expensive and 8x isnt that long probably only 3-4 weeks.

At 90 u can choose a Sling shot which is fairly good or a Blinding Radiance which is considered the best weapon pvp which is generally the focus for 9x. Iv never heard of anyone using a Dragon bow but apparently they use it on the pve server, truthfully the dragon bow is the worst 90 weapon.

This may seem like bow bashing but honestly i much prefer the look of bows and would love to use one but im not going to gimp myself by using a **** weapon. I will be using a bow as soon as we farm a good one no hints as to which one.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Ladieluck - Sanctuary
    Ladieluck - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have a question about crafting my TT weapons.
    Before I craft anything I want to make sure I'm making the right one.
    Eventually I will be getting the soul snatcher, so I've been tracing it back through the prerequisites to see which weapons I need.

So my question is this:pretty early on, I will need to make the Spirit Breath Crossbow, which says I need the souledge: swiftwind crossbow.

But when I look at the swiftwind crossbow, it says it's decomposed into souledge:gale.

So is that the same thing? or is there a different weapon that gives me the souledge:swiftwind crossbow, because if so, I can't seem to find it anywhere.b:surrender
  • Seveneyes - Harshlands
    Seveneyes - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have a question about crafting my TT weapons.
    Before I craft anything I want to make sure I'm making the right one.
    Eventually I will be getting the soul snatcher, so I've been tracing it back through the prerequisites to see which weapons I need.

So my question is this:pretty early on, I will need to make the Spirit Breath Crossbow, which says I need the souledge: swiftwind crossbow.

But when I look at the swiftwind crossbow, it says it's decomposed into souledge:gale.

So is that the same thing? or is there a different weapon that gives me the souledge:swiftwind crossbow, because if so, I can't seem to find it anywhere.b:surrender

Swiftwind decompose to: Souledge: Swiftwind Crossbow
    To craft the Spirit Breath, you need a Souledge: Swiftwind Crossbow

The word souledge is just the decomposed form of the weapon. You should think of it as a mold.

Meaning your correct
  • Ladieluck - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I know what a souledge is - but I was just confused since it said it decomposed into a souledge "Gale" not souledge "swiftwind". But as long as it's the same thing that's all I care about :)
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Decomposing Swiftwind Crossbow requires a Blacksmith of level 4. Doing so results in a Souledge: Swiftwind Crossbow. It does not turn into Souledge: Gale Crossbow; that's an error at http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14875 . (Note that if you search for the word "Souledge" on that page's text, it will come up twice. The first one, which says "Gale", is an error; the second one, which says Swiftwind, is correct.)
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Against all common logic I will say this:

Something I noticed about the Unicorn Bow is this:

It gives me a significantly higher attack (minimum and maximum) than Wind and Clouds....and, somehow, fewer mobs reach me when I use it.

I also notice that I hit the target MUCH more frequently when I use it and, lets face it, a crit, followed by a miss, is rendered...ummm...non existant.

So, more damage, slightly lower crit rate(due to +dex on W and C)and significantly greater number of successful hits (according to fairly extensive experimentation).....I decided, against all my expectations, to use the Unicorn bow!!

(and it looks cooler)
  • Ladieluck - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Decomposing Swiftwind Crossbow requires a Blacksmith of level 4. Doing so results in a Souledge: Swiftwind Crossbow. It does not turn into Souledge: Gale Crossbow; that's an error at http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14875 . (Note that if you search for the word "Souledge" on that page's text, it will come up twice. The first one, which says "Gale", is an error; the second one, which says Swiftwind, is correct.)

Ooookay thank you. That makes much more sense! Thank goodness I leveled my blacksmith skill earlier in the game XDb:victory
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Uhh, I'd try getting Legendary or Twilight Forge items if you haven't already. Haha I'm ont up to par with your level so it's hard for me to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active