New to game, a few questions

ilebriethel
ilebriethel Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I just downloaded the game, and am enjoying it quite a bit, however a few things have been annoying me slightly...

Is there any way to change the keybinds? I looked around the options a bit, but I didn't see anything, and I am used to my usual mmo setup. If that's not available, is there a button that selects the nearest target?

Also is there any way to tell what another persons level is, I didn't see levels anywhere when I select anyone, and neither when I went to the player info thing... then again maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot...

Other than that, I'm enjoying the game, my thanks to any who reply :)
Post edited by ilebriethel on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    1) There is no auto-target

2) You can get an idea of there levels by looking at there weapon or armor in the "player info"...however, sometimes looks can be deceiving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • ilebriethel
    ilebriethel Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    All right, thanks :)
  • dragon818
    dragon818 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Uh, I haven't played at all yet (still downloading) but maybe you can check their HP/SP and compare it to your own. I do that on Fiesta online, to get a general idea of what someone's level is. I'm a level 17 Mage on Fiesta, and have 273 or so HP. So if I see another mage with around the same HP, I can guess their level, give or take 1. Same with Archers, Clerics, and Fighters, even though they all have different HP/SP per level (like a level 17 Mage has less HP then a level 17 Fighter) I can still get a general idea.

On a side note, I'm glad to hear that PW is good!! I'm really excited about playing it. ^^
    Death is a natural part of life, its inevitable. So why fear it?
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Depending on what you mean by "keybinds," yes, and no. You cannot change the keys used, however, you can change what they contain by dragging items in and out.

I wish there was a way to select the nearest mobs. Would make life so much easier - also note that there is no "mob-lock" that you may be used to in other games...you can be easily ks'ed by another player, which can take some of your xp away.

Unless you're in a squad/party with someone, there's no direct indicator of another person's level. If you select player information (which you seem to know how to use) and scroll over the other person's equipment, you can get a general idea of the other person's level. Some people (especially at higher levels) can tell just by looking at you with your armor equipped, as armor style and color changes with each upgrade.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    1) There is no auto-target

2) You can get an idea of there levels by looking at there weapon or armor in the "player info"...however, sometimes looks can be deceiving.

Check the boots. People don't often hang on to an outleveled pair of boots as much as they do other gear.
  • blackfire17
    blackfire17 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm new and feeling like the world's biggest noob I can't find out how to play the game is there a play button somewhere?
  • blackfire17
    blackfire17 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hello anyone I need a whole lot of help I can't play the game because I can't find the start button.
  • Kenna - Dreamweaver
    Kenna - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hello anyone I need a whole lot of help I can't play the game because I can't find the start button.

The start button becomes active after the latest updates have finished installing to the Element Client.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yeah there is a start button on the element client once all of the updates have been installed...this may take a while!
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I wouldn't mind seeing some keybinding as well as where you can move your bar and squad window as always have to move mine to the right.You can see thier lvls in the squad party window.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.