PWI X Role play

Options
Neferiti - Sanctuary
Neferiti - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Hi everyone. As I'm quite new to the game, I would like to ask you all what's pwi community take on role play. Does it exist here, is it guild or area / server distributed? How does it work in general?

thanks!
Post edited by Neferiti - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Rp'ing is such bs. They have RP servers in WoW. But noone on those servers ever does it...only the small group of hardcore nerds. lmao

It doesn't exist at all in this game though.
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There are a couple of factions that include RP as part of the game. If you search the forum, you will find a couple of threads about the topic (can't remember which factions right now).
  • Neferiti - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Rp'ing is such bs. They have RP servers in WoW. But noone on those servers ever does it...only the small group of hardcore nerds. lmao

It doesn't exist at all in this game though.

I wouldn't say it's BS, I think I have passed this discrimination and pre concept phase long ago. I've met pretty good people, rpers and non rpers and hardcores nerds and non nerds in both groups as well. This said, it's something that fits a style of play for some and doesn't fit for others, I'm totally cool with it.
    lol, about wow, it's fun but I had a different experience there. My first week, rp server, I entered a pub and found a huge group having a full conversation in ' elvish' style. It's been a while ago and as I don't play wow nowadays, I have no idea of how it stands now on rp policies.

Anyway, thanks for the opinion and info :)

There are a couple of factions that include RP as part of the game. If you search the forum, you will find a couple of threads about the topic (can't remember which factions right now).

Thanks Zhoelle, I'll take a look around for sure. :)
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Guess i am noob when it comes to this.

I always thought when u play any rpg game.....u are ALREADY rpging.

Care to share what you guys mean by roleplaying?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Neferiti - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Guess i am noob when it comes to this.

I always thought when u play any rpg game.....u are ALREADY rpging.

Care to share what you guys mean by roleplaying?

I agree with you Devlinne, generally when we log into a rpg game we could theoretically be role playing. I think the concept here though is whether you give your avatar a full independent " life" or just play the game acting as yourself.

One example, an Elf "role playing" could speak "elvish" or act in manners corresponding to elvish culture etc. To make it simple, when you ask for example " where you come from?" an elf could answer " from city of the plumes" while a non role player would just talk about his RL city, etc.

Yeah , a bit superficial explanation but I think it can give an idea.
  • Tamaska - Heavens Tear
    Tamaska - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah Nef is right.

While you are logging onto an rpg, in this instance role playing refers to playing your characters personality. Actually being an elf or untamed and acting like you really are one. Obviously human applies as well, but not much practice needed in that case. lol

Role Playing is all about personality. Creating a character and acting like that character (whatever kind of person you want them to be) when your playing them.

and yes, as Zhoelle said, there are a few factions around that are RP based. I haven't seen any recruiting in a while, but I know they are around.
    If you want something great, you've gotta be willing to bet it all. If you bet it all, you had better be prepared to lose.
    ~No Regrets
  • Neferiti - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah Nef is right.

While you are logging onto an rpg, in this instance role playing refers to playing your characters personality. Actually being an elf or untamed and acting like you really are one. Obviously human applies as well, but not much practice needed in that case. lol

Role Playing is all about personality. Creating a character and acting like that character (whatever kind of person you want them to be) when your playing them.

and yes, as Zhoelle said, there are a few factions around that are RP based. I haven't seen any recruiting in a while, but I know they are around.

I agree 100% with you, rp is about personality and creativity. thanks for your post Tamaska and yes, I haven't seen many rp guilds around but I'll kee an eye open for it ;)
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    in a lot of ways, i suppose i do rather role play when i am in the game...IRL, im not a fox of any description, mores the pity!b:chuckle but ingame, i prefer to hunt in foxform, so much more fun! im an aging, disabled human every day of my life, but to be a beautiful, sleek, fast, agile young fox for even a little while in pretend is so nice.
    Hi everyone. As I'm quite new to the game, I would like to ask you all what's pwi community take on role play. Does it exist here, is it guild or area / server distributed? How does it work in general?

thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Neferiti - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol yes Fox, nothing wrong with that. Important is to have fun while playing, thats why its a game after all :) thanks for the reply
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well I'm actually in one, though our guild is somewhat skeleton of what it used to be in past. But nevertheless our leader who had a rather responsible job in RL felt like RP is very good way to change into somebody else and take a break from RL. I guess that's the main thing that serves the purpose of RP for adults. We need a break from real life.

It also seems that people who become very good in RP come from the creative side. Maybe that's one reason why you are looking for them. When one becomes into elf or human knight or untamed then de-facto he's improvising a play...writing a character... basically have 5-10 characters and improvise text for them for 1 day and it'll be enough text to release a small book, whether it would be in format of play or novel. And not everybody is cut out to be a good text writer or play writer and for them it's naturally more difficult, but difficulties is not what you want to see in game which is suppose to be for fun. That's why many dismiss the idea. Can't blame them.
    Though I doubt anybody would actually gather material from here for his/her novel but it'd be kinda cool if one would do that. From what I've seen in RP events there's no shortage of inspiration.

Well it's pleasant surprise that we have yet one more role player in Sanctuary and feel free to look me up when you're online. The name is OldBear.
  • Neferiti - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well I'm actually in one, though our guild is somewhat skeleton of what it used to be in past. But nevertheless our leader who had a rather responsible job in RL felt like RP is very good way to change into somebody else and take a break from RL. I guess that's the main thing that serves the purpose of RP for adults. We need a break from real life.

It also seems that people who become very good in RP come from the creative side. Maybe that's one reason why you are looking for them. When one becomes into elf or human knight or untamed then de-facto he's improvising a play...writing a character... basically have 5-10 characters and improvise text for them for 1 day and it'll be enough text to release a small book, whether it would be in format of play or novel. And not everybody is cut out to be a good text writer or play writer and for them it's naturally more difficult, but difficulties is not what you want to see in game which is suppose to be for fun. That's why many dismiss the idea. Can't blame them.
    Though I doubt anybody would actually gather material from here for his/her novel but it'd be kinda cool if one would do that. From what I've seen in RP events there's no shortage of inspiration.

Well it's pleasant surprise that we have yet one more role player in Sanctuary and feel free to look me up when you're online. The name is OldBear.

Pretty nice post Oldbear, pleasure to meet you. Let's get in contact for sure, I'd be interested to join your faction if it's still active and with the ideas described above. As a matter of fact, I also use role play as a stress free time from daily executive work and I enjoy a lot the creative atmosphere of it.
    Hope to meet you soon and thanks for posting