Wizard Water Attack Buff Bugged?

Xaratul - Sanctuary
Xaratul - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I was testing the water attack buff wizards have with a friend of mine on melee attacks and we noticed no difference in damage. Is this skill bugged? If so, are there any plans to fix it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~NefariousNecromancer
Post edited by Xaratul - Sanctuary on

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    frostblade is weird. according to description it should give the target % of YOUR dmg as an additional PHYS dmg with water element. what i've seen is that it adds % of target's OWN base damage to final attacks. also it doesn't seem to make any difference if you buff yourself or any other wiz and it doesn't show any boost when we press C unlike all other buffs. it's supposed to do 2x damage against fire mobs but, again, i'm not quite sure. for PvP it looks even more strange.

some GM clarification would be really nice here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It does not help wizards because it increases physical dmg, which makes it useless to the caster and is something that MUST be changed so the one who used up all that sp to lvl it can get something back in return. the only reason one should ever waste sp on this crappy skill is if they TW alot, otherwise I'd just let it rot in pitty as a lvl 1 spell for it's general suckiness.

That's my feeling toward this spell, anyway.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    it doesn't show any boost when we press C unlike all other buffs.
    Not true. Archer's Blazing Arrow does the same thing.

I support the de-nerfing of Frostblade, however. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Arteg - Sanctuary
    Arteg - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Definitely bugged, or the description is plain wrong. I had the opportunity to test it out on the fire boss in lvl2 territory, so only the frostblade is in effect. I have lvl 10 frostblade, and magic attack 3445-5013.

I hit for 74 dmg each swipe!
    I tested on an 86 archer, she said she hit for 150-200 (not sure why the different numbers, I might have cast frostblade on her a second time).

My regular attacks were only gimped about 10-20% from the level difference (I'm lvl 81). Either way, there's no way 74 is 30% of 3500 by any math that I know of.
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    at least it gives a nice sparkly glow
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    all it mattered to me is that it makes you look more freindly thats is ppl like to have glowing hands might as well just give them....everyone knows its useless but it sure as hell looks nice thats all there is to it..
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Sshush, You're all ruining the illusion that Wizards have something to offer a party.
    I like pie
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Sshush, You're all ruining the illusion that Wizards have something to offer a party.

Ahahahahhaaaahaha! Oh god, so true... We mostly useless accept for BT and back up healer for when cleric gets agro in an fb and dies which almost always happens...at least when I'm around *Sinister look*...
  • Diadra - Lost City
    Diadra - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    According to my experience it isnt bugged the description is wrong. When I use it on myself it increases the damage according the lvl of the skill.. but only in melle attacks.. is hard to see the effect on other players cause their range on damage (minimal phys attk- maxphys attk) is too unbalanced...

Lets see other descriptions on other versions of the game:
    PW MY-EN
    Frost Enchanted Blade
    Append an icy breath onto the party member's weapon, allow the normal attack to have additional 30% of frost damage base on the equipment attack damage, last for 15 minutes.

PW-PH
    Frostbite
    Grants the biting power of cold to all allies. All weapons wielded by an ally are imbued with 30% water damage for 15 minutes.

So I used it on myself... using my Acalanatha Wand: Sunflame since the phys attk is 460-532 my melee damage on the rams (the ones on many villages, dunno what stats those have) was 526 average in 10 hits.. and with the Frostblade it increased to 637 average in 10 hits the increment was 21.1% on the damage (average) I had lvl7 Frostblade which grants 22% of water damage when did this test... of course for a most accurate results it should need like the average of 1000 hits >.> or from a weapon wich min-max phys attk is the same.
    Then I used it barehanded and there wasnt any change on damage. if the description were right it should be about 2022 per hit cause my mag attck was around 6.8K.

So at lvl 10 Frostblade it increases 30% of the Physical attack of the weapon only, not increase the entire physical attack shown on the Character Stat window.
    So I think they should change the description of that skill or give a more accurate one like the ones of PW MY-EN.

BTW for those who arent mages and cant undertand the confusion on this skill here is the PWI description of the skill..

Frostblade lv10
    Breathe an icy breath onto a squad member's weapon allowing giving their normal attacks extra Water damage equal to 30% of your base magic attack. Lasts 15 minutes. EPIC FAIL...
  • VenZehn - Sanctuary
    VenZehn - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i want the iceblade buff to make both hands sparkly.....
  • mokkun
    mokkun Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    at least it gives a nice sparkly glow

You hardly ever buff me with that sparkly buff =(
  • Yuvorok - Sanctuary
    Yuvorok - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the water attack buff only affects regular attacks. When you use skills it doesn't work. This is why when you are buffed by it, it show's no improvment by pressing C. My lvl 7 frostblade adds 100-150 damage for the regular damage such as, archers just shooting an arrow or a BM hitting a mob with his sword.