Noob archer looking for some advice!

darksacred
darksacred Posts: 18
edited March 2009 in Archer
What's the fastest way to level as an archer?

- Solo grind
- Solo quest

- Group grind
- Group quest

Assuming all options would be available (again assuming that theirs a constant supply of quests) to me all the time which would make for the quickest leveling?

Also with regards to the use of macros to skill manage, how is this done in game? Is a script required to do this or do the game build the script for you?

Which crafting skill is worth investing time into that will most benefit the class?

Thanks,
DS
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EntityZero - Sanctuary
    EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    darksacred wrote: »

- Solo grind
    - Solo quest

- Group grind
    - Group quest

Assuming all options would be available (again assuming that theirs a constant supply of quests) to me all the time which would make for the quickest leveling?

Also with regards to the use of macros to skill manage, how is this done in game? Is a script required to do this or do the game build the script for you?

Which crafting skill is worth investing time into that will most benefit the class?

Thanks,
    DS

To be honest, I do all of my quests solo except for ones that require bosses. I'm leveling just fine. At the same time though, im in full legendary.

There will always be tons of quests up to 40, then you may only get like 3 or 4 a level till around the lower 50s where you will have a ton of quests again. But when you don't have quests, do crazy stone and the one man army quests in town. That's what I always do. Never grind, just do one man army.

Macros just have you drag the icons in for which order you want to do your attacks and thats it. Not hard at all. Kinda limited though. You cant set how long they delay before doing the next skill.

My archer has blacksmith and apothecary skills up to as high as he can right now. Im constantly crafting life powders and new weps so that's what I stick to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    darksacred wrote: »

- Solo grind
    - Solo quest

- Group grind
    - Group quest

Thanks,
    DS

Questing is the fastest way to lvl, for any class. Eventually they run out, and you'll have to grind. For archer, I'd say solo grinding is faster. At least until you learn Barrage of Arrows, but that's much later, and rather costly, so don't worry about it.

Skill management is simple. You can line up a chain of skills in the in game tool, and save them as one shortcut button.

For crafting, weapon take top priority, then Armor, then Jewelry. Apot depends on preference. Some people like to make their own powders/potions, others don't.

Edit: Ah, EntityZero beat me to it. Forum does not allow deleting post...
  • darksacred
    darksacred Posts: 18
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for your help guys :) hoping to get started tomorrow morning!
    Guess I'll just follow the quests for now and see how fast I can level.

With the crafting thing, since I intend on playing in a pair with my brother will it be more effective for us to take different crafting skills?

Oh one last question what time GMT is the TW?

Thanks,
    DS
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    no real need for you to both raise crafting skils since it can be a bit expensive

TW wars are at multiple times more of them start pst 20:0-20 friday and saturday with some sat/sunday pst 14:00 i believe , so more then likely TW for you will be starting ~4am on saturdays or sundays and can last up to three hours, i think that time math is right, also it still might be off by an hour atm since USA switched DST early