Have PWi reduced TT drop rates?

Hellcat - Heavens Tear
Hellcat - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Many moons ago I can recall doing TT runs with my Veno friend he was 76 at the time, I was in my 60's drops rates on TT 2-1(single mode) were pretty good, usualy 1-3 frenzy an odd forshuras and sometimes a black fengs.......now ur lucky to get 1 frenzy......having done 3 with 0 drops, i tried 2 x 1-3 again zero drops, ive just complete a run of 7 x 1-1 and got one...........yes one Broken Drum, randomness of drops aside....has anyone else noticed such poor return on single mode..........or as well some of my friends are saying squad modes now seem to drop a lot less (and yes all runs are subd')
Post edited by Hellcat - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Many moons ago I can recall doing TT runs with my Veno friend he was 76 at the time, I was in my 60's drops rates on TT 2-1(single mode) were pretty good, usualy 1-3 frenzy an odd forshuras and sometimes a black fengs.......now ur lucky to get 1 frenzy......having done 3 with 0 drops, i tried 2 x 1-3 again zero drops, ive just complete a run of 7 x 1-1 and got one...........yes one Broken Drum, randomness of drops aside....has anyone else noticed such poor return on single mode..........or as well some of my friends are saying squad modes now seem to drop a lot less (and yes all runs are subd')

Probability <-- it happens
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Its all luck. Did a solo 2-1 run the other day and got 5 mats+a couple mirage from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hellcat - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Its all luck. Did a solo 2-1 run the other day and got 5 mats+a couple mirage from it.

just wondering if you the exception now, rather than the rule ?
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009

You are talking about squad and she is talking about single I think. I personally have never get more then 3 mats from 2-1 single, when I solo 2-1 single, I can usually get the cost of subs from mirages and mats dropped from first boss (mats drop from third boss does not worth anything), if the forshura drops, that’s my profit, otherwise I break even. So it is 250k profit every 2 runs. Stopped doing that a long time ago.
  • rasseru
    rasseru Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    My last 7 solo runs in 2-1 I got 1 drop. Last 3 squad runs in 2-1, no squad got enough mats for everyone to get even 1 drop. The drop rate seemed to really change after the recent fixes, not sure if it's cooincidence or what. I do know, it is no longer worth the time or effort to run TT, is better to grind and buy the mats needed. By drops I mean mats used for gear, I did get some mirage and clunky swords, but that was it.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    swgs wrote: »
    You are talking about squad and she is talking about single I think. I personally have never get more then 3 mats from 2-1 single, when I solo 2-1 single, I can usually get the cost of subs from mirages and mats dropped from first boss (mats drop from third boss does not worth anything), if the forshura drops, that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hellcat - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    swgs wrote: »
    You are talking about squad and she is talking about single I think. I personally have never get more then 3 mats from 2-1 single, when I solo 2-1 single, I can usually get the cost of subs from mirages and mats dropped from first boss (mats drop from third boss does not worth anything), if the forshura drops, that

I'm actualy talking about both, firstly though single mode......and after discussing the issure with friends the discussion was about squad and how they seemed to of changed too....
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009

I'm actualy talking about both, firstly though single mode......and after discussing the issure with friends the discussion was about squad and how they seemed to of changed too....

I did 3 squad runs last weekend. I did not pay attention to what mats dropped from Fataliqua, General Feng and Soulripper, since I do not need them, I do not take any no matter what they drop. but I know General Wurlord only dropped 3 mats (1 each run), and Cosmoforce drop nothing the first run, 2 tooth the second run and 3 tooth the third run.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Solo mode has been pretty pitiful the last few days. Feng's Steel dropped yesterday and made up for it, but if not for that I would have basically covered the cost of subs.

Random loot is random. 3 years of wow taught me that >.>
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Drops seem about right for me, only been doing squad mode recently though.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There have been no modifications to TT drops. They have been consistent since the launch of PWI.

Maybe you had a streak of bad luck? In which case hopefully your luck will change soon. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I sure hope thats the case and things will even out. Squad mode: 3xTT1-3 with no apoc page drops and 2-2x2 with 0 and 1. In two of those there were not enough mats to split between the party...and we killed every boss. Must be karma catching up with me for all the mats everyone else got....
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I agree.. I did a 2-1 yesterday.. max bosses.. and not a single mat dropped from the entire run.. celestones, skulls and klunkies.. personally, I don't think that the bosses should drop skulls and klunkies at all.. since they can be gotten from chests and regular mobs..

either that, or make the chests have a chance to contain mats :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Hellcat - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    There have been no modifications to TT drops. They have been consistent since the launch of PWI.

Maybe you had a streak of bad luck? In which case hopefully your luck will change soon. :)

Ok, I guess i'll have to be patient and keep trying
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Most drops in games like these are based on a random numbers generator or RNG. Basically its the luck of the draw. Thats probably why I have only ever seen molds drop in 2 FB's out of all that I have been in on.
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    since i read this post.
    I went into TT did few single 2-1
    after 5 runs.

got 1 Forshura armor.
    like 7 cel stones
    about 5 klunky swords..
    and a lot of skull from every boss.

ye i would think so.
    I did TT 60 singles before few times
    drop rate was not this pathetic as of now.
  • Hellcat - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    since i read this post.
    I went into TT did few single 2-1
    after 5 runs.

got 1 Forshura armor.
    like 7 cel stones
    about 5 klunky swords..
    and a lot of skull from every boss.

ye i would think so.
    I did TT 60 singles before few times
    drop rate was not this pathetic as of now.

this has very much been my experiance, as i said before the good runs seem to be the exception these days rather than the rule
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Last Night I killed the ape twice and he dropped twice 4 teeth. Pretty good run.
  • Tamer_Pataka - Sanctuary
    Tamer_Pataka - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have horrible luck then b:cry. Ran 1-2 solo and got 2 chin shards and 1 drum...about equal number of skulls and mirage stones.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    I have horrible luck then b:cry. Ran 1-2 solo and got 2 chin shards and 1 drum...about equal number of skulls and mirage stones.

3 mats in a 1-2 solo mode is pretty good, especially if you got mirages too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It's all luck, I went to run HH60 and got 2x Edges and 2x Drums in one run but then the next one I only got 4 mirages. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com