Sinister shooter or Xbow?

Options
d0pey
d0pey Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Archer
I'm currently playing a 4x pure dex archer and was wondering if the sinister shooter is really way better than the xbow? I asked some high leveled archers and they said the shooter isn't at all necessary in fact, they thought it's a waste of coinsb:shocked But if it's really much better than the xbow, till which level can I use the shooter still? Please enlighten me. b:pleased
To act is to live.
Post edited by d0pey on

Comments

• wuxinnan
    wuxinnan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hi, look at some of my posts under my name...but long story short it is def. worth it in my opinion...you'll level really fast since you'll kill fast...best money i invested so far...but seriously read my post one on "i'm lvling to fast help" and "what's the next best weaon after fb19"
  • wuxinnan
    edited March 2009
    Options
    forgot to mention...you kill really fast when fighting monsters at your lvl or lower (ofcourse)...just trust me you'll fall in love with the sinister shooter...they dont say slingshots better for grinding for nothing !
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sinister shooter is amazing, I used it for a long time. I didn't buy 'The Penetrator Bow' though because for the price and time I'll use it, not worth it IMO.

But go for Sinister shooter for sure!
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    personally i never used SS and i got up to my lvl just fine. at your stage i was lvling 1-2 per day on average so the money i need for SS would be 2 expensive considering how fast i was going and the time i would actually use the SS. but if u dont play like me with 7-10hrs per day spent on this game then, SS might be worth it for u since u will be using ti for a decent period of time
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • d0pey
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ahh seems like it's really a great help in grindfests uh. But I'm already level 48 now so is it gonna make any big difference? Do you guys use the shooter till your level 60? Sigh in any case I'm only with like 100k now(archers really makes money slow!) thus I guess SS is gonna be an impossible thing for me.b:sad So it seems that it's a good thing for grinding but what about pvp otherwise?
    To act is to live.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    d0pey wrote: »
    Ahh seems like it's really a great help in grindfests uh. But I'm already level 48 now so is it gonna make any big difference? Do you guys use the shooter till your level 60? Sigh in any case I'm only with like 100k now(archers really makes money slow!) thus I guess SS is gonna be an impossible thing for me.b:sad So it seems that it's a good thing for grinding but what about pvp otherwise?

PvP = X Bows

Sinister Shooter is just a luxery, its not a MUST.. But it is very useful. If you got the money get it, but grind and collect mats around your level and you can afford it eventually. I grinded and collected mats and made a fair ammount.
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • d0pey
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Umm alrite I think it's still fine to stick to my xbow now then. Thanks alot! xD
    To act is to live.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    d0pey wrote: »
    Umm alrite I think it's still fine to stick to my xbow now then. Thanks alot! xD

Check Auction house and buy a sling shot or xbow thats your level, look for a cheap 3 star good bonus one.

• d0pey
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Check Auction house and buy a sling shot or xbow thats your level, look for a cheap 3 star good bonus one.

Lol a good xbow usually cost around 300k. And it's kinda hard still for me to grind that much money cus I gotta buy pots as well :S But I'll keep looking neverthelessb:cry
    To act is to live.
  • Dar_Malkier - Lost City
    Dar_Malkier - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You can occasionally find decent deals in the AH so it's always worth a look. For example, yesterday, I put two lvl 48 2-star slingshots in the auction hall on Harshlands with a buy now price of 35K I think. Both of them have +accruacy and + phys attack. I'm using one myself and I'm killing mobs my level and a bit higher before they can lay a finger on me. So like I said, it never hurts to take a minute or two and check the AH....I do it a couple times a day.
  • Gxzan - Sanctuary
    Gxzan - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Probably i'm another kind of archer but... I've never had money problems, I have a good weapon/armor and a good outfit, I still got money to buy charms and I don't need potions... Those who say tht Archer is expensive are wrong!...IMO.
  • d0pey
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well of course I check the AH very often; but now were talking about sinister shooter and the xbow right? so from what I see I don't see any nice ones nowadays... And yeah for some weird reason I'm always poor. Unless I grind nonstop.. That's when my money comes in.b:surrender
    To act is to live.
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you are going for the SS, don't use any skills except Frost, Knockback and Stun.
    Best low level weapon for grinding.

At lower levels, I reccomend it and wind and clouds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ch2h5oh wrote: »
    If you are going for the SS, don't use any skills except Frost, Knockback and Stun.
    Best low level weapon for grinding.

At lower levels, I reccomend it and wind and clouds.

>.> wind and the clouds isnt exactly low lvl. lvl req is 69
    if u get it u should be planning to use it almost all the way to 80. it is the best PvE weapon u can get from 69-80 especially when u refine it to +4/5 with flawless gems.
    for PvE using my +4 wind and cloud with 1 flawless garnet i can usually kill most mobs with frost arrow+normal attack = dead mob.
    in PvE vs bosses,i can easily beat an archer using tt70 bow/xbow, i match a tt80 xbow archer in damage dealt over time. (i am using bracer of the blood moon making my attack rate 0.83hit/sec though)b:laugh
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • d0pey
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the tips peeps. But it seems like HELLA money for all that weps/refining/gems. Lmao guess really... still have to stick to 2-3 stars for now >.>
    To act is to live.
  • wuxinnan
    edited March 2009
    Options
    is it possible to use the sinister shooter from lvl 42 to 69 without upgrading it with mirage stones? and also how much you willing to pay for a the wind and the cloud (a base stats without all the bonuses and upgrades) the cheapests i've seen so far was 500k...