Literature - Harshlands
Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Post edited by Literature - Harshlands on

Comments

• Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    pffff, lame. I killed the kun kun at ~lvl30.

Naaa, seriously, what is this thread for? It doesn't have any informational content nor does it motivate to start a serious discussion beside the 08/15 battlepets are op stuff, and we have enough threads 'bout that where we can run riot.
  • scionofchaos
    scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Naaa, seriously, what is this thread for?

Ammo.

Liturature, I would like to know why the Hell you are giving the veno haters more.
    Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
    Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
    Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Good job i guess. But IMO grinding those mobs at your level is an utter waste of time. Not only will the kill speed be very slow, you dont get much xp for it and i pretty much doubt you'll get any drops. Apart from a few coins maybe.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Teehee~ b:thanks
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just because you can do something, does not mean it should be done. I can hang a bowling ball from each of my pierced nipples. But doubt it would be a good idea to do, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Your right, it's not. Your using a Herc, chain healing to keep it alive considering your mana level. Not that hard to do with a Herc at all. Not to mention the small fact that it took you longer to kill that one mob for maybe 500-1000xp than it would have taken you to kill 10 mobs your level, gain more xp, and get better drops.

It's not impressive. Do that with a Magmite, and it would be. But a Herc. Not really. Especially as the majority of the damage being done to the mob is off Hercs reflect and not the damage the Herc does itself even with Ironwood Scarab on it.

Also.. your 51, Herc is 50 and the mobs are lvl 92 and fairly weak ones at that. Your title is also misleading. Take your Herc and go down to Deserted Sea or Land of Buried Bones and try it there against those mobs. See how long he lasts.

~S

p.s. bring guardian angels with you. You'll need them.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just because you can do something, does not mean it should be done. I can hang a bowling ball from each of my pierced nipples. But doubt it would be a good idea to do, lol.

Ahhhhhh ow...*cringe*

to the OP: I bet I could do that.

Psyche. They would hurt me bad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I once killed a lvl 97 water mob that walks at the same place you killed this one. I was a lvl 64 wizard. Just kite and gush, and whenever possible throw in a sandstorm or stone rain. My hp charm did not like it but I did, was pretty fun.

Oh for anyone who doesnt believe me, I can take a screenshot of a lvl 90+ HP pot I got:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Its not hard CeliaZ, 90+ HP Pots are easy to get lol.

As for this, Easy seeing as my wife goes to mess around with the lvl 90+ mobs once and a while with her herc..Shes 60 though but ya it sure takes time to kill them lol, but its not hard at all with herc. But deffinetly try were Sait said, and have fun there ;p
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Its not hard CeliaZ, 90+ HP Pots are easy to get lol.

As for this, Easy seeing as my wife goes to mess around with the lvl 90+ mobs once and a while with her herc..Shes 60 though but ya it sure takes time to kill them lol, but its not hard at all with herc. But deffinetly try were Sait said, and have fun there ;p

Lol you're right I could have bought that pot easily:P But I am telling the truth I did kill one! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    My point maybe wasn't clear, It's not hard.
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    "Hey everyone look at me. I spent half a day killing an easy level 92 with my Hercules. I'm soooo "UBER.""

/throws her a cookie
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Chintien is a level 150 boss, and in a small room give no space to kitting, but almost every veno can solo him at lvl 63+ with a migmate. so I do not think a level 50 herc solo a level 100 (it is 92, not 100 actually) regular mob is a big accomplishment.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    pffff, lame. I killed the kun kun at ~lvl30.

NOTE : Kun-Kun is a special quest monster. Although he is level 100, he has no attack skill at all, has a very poor HP and the only thing is that he is VERY fast. If you don't kill him in one shot, you will run around after him a lot if you miss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkwhispers
    darkwhispers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Oh, my. What an accomplishment! Spending/wasting 30 minutes killing a 100 monster with... a Herc!

Sorry to interrupt your ego, but that is not impressive. At all.
  • Onxy - Harshlands
    Onxy - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Tell me any other class that can do that at lvl 50.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Blazing scarab on hotkey ftl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That's why i say that going veno means going easy mode.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    .....? ok. this shows that you have a lot of money-real or game. it shows that you have a lot of pots or leveled up pet healing to keep a high powered rare on his feet. but what are you going to do then? cant catch it, and i dont think its going to raise your level or his a lot, not sure. i would suggest going to the mouse bashing room in the cube, to raise him and your other pets...boring, but best way i've found! ^_^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    not impressed..

every veno can do that..

But if you really want to exp , make money keep to mobs 10 lv higher at most.

(Magmite can take on mobs 40 lv higher.... so im really not impressed)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Tell me any other class that can do that at lvl 50.

Tell me anyone in their right mind regardless of class who would want to waste their time doing that at level 50.

Think of it as a cleric with one healing spell and a buffed barbarian using Auto-Attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Blazing scarab on hotkey ftl

I have every single skill I actually use on my hotkeys... Although, I don't use Blazing so much for the attack, as I use it for cheap Chi. Gives more Chi than Venomous, with as little MP cost.

Also. Not impressed. I took my 65 Magmite to grind on Increased Attack level 108 mobs where Saitada suggested. Chain heal, and toss in an Ironwood when you can. *yawn* Now, if you were whacking these guys in Fox Form (Done that too, pain in the backside. Damage Reduction FTL) it might be a different story. But you're hiding behind your uber pet which is designed to do stuff like this. I'm actually surprised that I cared enough to post on something like this...b:sweat
  • Alex - Harshlands
    Alex - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2009

If you're female - where do we sign up for that show?

If you're male - Disregard previous statement.

That is all.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    I didn't need to chainheal. It only hit about 100-150 against 2400 hp. And it was more to see if anything would drop. =D
  • darkwhispers
    darkwhispers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I didn't need to chainheal. It only hit about 100-150 against 2400 hp. And it was more to see if anything would drop. =D

So, why does your title say Lv 50 veno grinding lv 100 mobs?
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    might have been more impressive if your herc was taking on like 5 or 6 of them at once like mine does :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Literature - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    So, why does your title say Lv 50 veno grinding lv 100 mobs?

lol yeah...grinding for drops. I had killed quite a few of those ice ones and I killed those pudgy lv 89 mobs near camp of the Intrepid. All I got was two lv 91 dragon quest items.
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol yeah...grinding for drops. I had killed quite a few of those ice ones and I killed those pudgy lv 89 mobs near camp of the Intrepid. All I got was two lv 91 dragon quest items.

at your level.. you're lucky to have even gotten that.. the drop rates get nerfed when a mob is too high compared to you.. or too low compared to you..

best grinding is your level +/-5 to 10 at the most
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ahhhhhh ow...*cringe*

to the OP: I bet I could do that.

Psyche. They would hurt me bad...

I cringed too. x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Onxy - Harshlands
    Onxy - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Tell me anyone in their right mind regardless of class who would want to waste their time doing that at level 50.

Think of it as a cleric with one healing spell and a buffed barbarian using Auto-Attack.

That is the measure of most of the responses around here. Never a direct answer. So let me do it for you:

No other class can! Does not matter if it makes sense to try or not, no other class can.