How do slience seal and sleep work?

ghui
ghui Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
How do these two skills work?
I have both skill lvl1 right now:
Slience Seal: Freezes target for 6 secs
Sleep: Sleep target for 12 secs
However, every time I sleep/seal a mob or player, they woke up a lot shorter than the time stated in the skill...sometime even b4 the side effects (damage/movement speed) reduction ended, which is just sad...
Post edited by ghui on

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Silence can break on its own, sleep breaks when whatever you used it on gets hit.
  • ghui
    edited March 2009
    Silence can break on its own, sleep breaks when whatever you used it on gets hit.
    1 player tried to pk me today, I started to ran and b4 I did I casted a sleep seal on him, expecting him to fall asleep for 12 seconds, but after like 4 seconds he woke up (when I was still reduced movement speed), caught up with me and stunned me...
    What happened? I'm pretty sure I didn't hit him....
  • Waittilli - Lost City
    Waittilli - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You can purify your slow

Other then that I don't know how these work...yet.
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Both of the seals can break on it's own.
  • ghui
    edited March 2009
    Both of the seals can break on it's own.
    ic...so basically these two seals are...garbage?
  • tekyo
    tekyo Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think the info doesn't say it, but perhaps you should skill it up more and see if the effect lasts longer... skills at lvl 1 dont tend to be that good in power usually.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ghui wrote: »
    ic...so basically these two seals are...garbage?

Actually they're vital, especially in PvP or PK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    They are very useful indeed, I find them very useful in TT runs when needing to save a DD or to pause an add long enough for a veno to get a pet on it.

Also in PvP they are vital to have, without them PvP would be short and painful every time.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Not entirely true. Read the skills for both carefully. It says they can put an opponent to seal/sleep for UP TO x seconds. This means the effect can dissappear before this time limit is up, for both.
    But yes, chromatic seal does wake up when hit with a new spell.
  • ghui
    edited March 2009
    Not entirely true. Read the skills for both carefully. It says they can put an opponent to seal/sleep for UP TO x seconds. This means the effect can dissappear before this time limit is up, for both.
    But yes, chromatic seal does wake up when hit with a new spell.
    so basically even if u max the skill, the target can still wake up right after u casted it?
    That is HOPELESS!
    b:surrender
  • XCLUSiiVEMEi - Sanctuary
    XCLUSiiVEMEi - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    theyre actually pretty good at higher levels.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if chromatic does fail, after level 5 the chance of it must be very low. i'm sitting here counting the seconds after my slow and everything, the most off is 1~3 seconds. paralyze i haven't leveled yet, but i know it's better when it's leveled.
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I've noticed an increase in effectiveness in both with higher levels. They last longer and wont break as easily, at least from my own personal experience.