Manufacturing lvl and socket crafting chances

dave379
dave379 Posts: 34 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Is it true that people with higher manufacturing levels have a greater chance of making something with more sockets? For example, would someone with level 7 blacksmith have a greater chance of making something with 2 sockets than someone with level 4 blacksmith?

also, does anyone know the % of success for lvl 1 refinement?
Post edited by dave379 on

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dave379 wrote: »
    Is it true that people with higher manufacturing levels have a greater chance of making something with more sockets?

No, the chances are fixed.

You can go to this site and check the chances of crafting with sockects for every ingame items : http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • dave379
    dave379 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yeah that's what I thought too but some people say you get a higher chance of sockets if you have a higher manufacturing level.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    People also claim you get better chances with full chi. Cant always put stock in people's game superstitions.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Some people say go to less used outposts to manufacture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Random crafting is random. There may be some psychological benefit to crafting at a certain place, you think it will work better so you don't pay attention to the fact that you had to make 12 items before getting that one really good one. Until I see some statistical evidence with an extremely high sample size I just won't believe any of it.
  • Matt_ - Sanctuary
    Matt_ - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    get duke blacke to talk and you might get more :S
    Sanctuary's worst and poorest bm! b:victoryb:surrenderb:cry
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Some people say if you send me random amounts of in-game coin, you get better crafting results.

No really. What? Why are you looking at me like that? My tip is just as valid, and works just as well, as all the other super-secret-magic-crafting-bonus tips out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Some people say if you send me random amounts of in-game coin, you get better crafting results.

No really. What? Why are you looking at me like that? My tip is just as valid, and works just as well, as all the other super-secret-magic-crafting-bonus tips out there.

*Intercepts all coin transfers to WarrenWolfy*

HEY! Why is my coin in the negative!?! lol

~S
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I melt down skrunchkins in a pot, until they produce a syrup that once cooled, resembles a metal like substance. I use this to produce 3 star items every time. Oh and I almost forgot a little secret I've found. It helps to **** 3 times at least during the crafting process. Because each **** seems to add a socket.

WARNING: Ladies beware, if you try this, and get caught by your old man. Expect a prompt divorce. I just wanted to warn ya gals, before you start breaking wind like a construction worker eating beans and a burrito.

Sounds strange I know, but try it. It works!

hehe

b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle