Question about some skills

KallenHapti - Sanctuary
KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
Hello my cleric is currently lvl59 and i find myself quite short on money so i made a list with skills but i'm not sure which one to level first so i want some advice

Razor Feathers - is it worth it leveling it or should i just keep using plume shot
Chromatic Healing Beam - casts kinda slow should i leave it for higher levels or not level it at all? Maybe use - channeling someday?
Stream of Rejuvenation - it looks like upgraded ironheart but i don't know how much mana it costs whats the cast and recharge time (haven't bought lvl 1)
Wield Thunder - have lvl2 of it. Currently it costs double my starting skills and makes about the same damage. Does it get better at higher lvl?
Tempest - my bf was furious when i said i leveled some buffs instead of this skill. Should i get it now? b:shocked
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
Post edited by KallenHapti - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Razor feathers - You don't need it until you start grinding, or are desperate to 1 hit robed users.
    Chromatic Healing Beam - Leave it at level 1.
    Steam of Rejuvenation - It's good, but the cost is hectic. Leave it at level 1 until you can spare sp for it.
    Wield Thunder - Leveling slowly wont hurt, not a #1 priority.
    Tempest - You don't need to pump sp into this skill because someone said you have to. Leveling it early puts all your skills in vain due to minimal sp.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Razor feathers - You don't need it until you start grinding, or are desperate to 1 hit robed users.
    Chromatic Healing Beam - Leave it at level 1.
    Steam of Rejuvenation - It's good, but the cost is hectic. Leave it at level 1 until you can spare sp for it.
    Wield Thunder - Leveling slowly wont hurt, not a #1 priority.
    Tempest - You don't need to pump sp into this skill because someone said you have to. Leveling it early puts all your skills in vain due to minimal sp.

I disagree with Wield Thunder. It's one of your main grinding skills mid-late game, and should take higher priority over the others. It's a grinding game, majority of typical players' time is spent on grinding, which makes grinding skills useful.

Tempest is the cleric nuke skill that lets Cleric one shot all classes except Barb in pvp, and surpass Wizard in damage until Wizards get Manifest Virtue at lvl 100. It uses 2 sparks, so use in pve is limited. Your bf says to get it because it's one of the most powerful skills in the entire game, which is not the same as the most useful. Hold it off until higher lvl.

Razor feathers is the skill that lets clerics solo aoe grind. You'll mostly likely want this to grind faster at higher lvls, but for now, it doesn't have much use.

Hold off on the healing skills for now. As long as you have ironheart and wellspring, you're good.
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for the quick and nice answers. As for the use of skills i forgot to tell it's for pve. No pvp plans for now. b:cute
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I love all those skills you mentioned. But your playing style should dictate which are the most important for you.

Razor Feathers - Doesn't take much to level to 10, helps tons when you have 2 mobs that are right next to each other.

Chromatic Healing Beam - As you level it, the area gets larger. Helps a lot with AOE mobs, expecially if you're the 2nd cleric.

Stream - I level it and use it as a catch up heal. When you're debuffing, you're not spamming heal, tanks health goes down, so throw a stream, then start spamming again.

Wield Thunder - I think it's the best grinding skill clerics have.

Temptest, I'd put at the bottom of the list, but I love that skill as well lol.

But.. this is just based on my play style
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I disagree with Wield Thunder. It's one of your main grinding skills mid-late game, and should take higher priority over the others. It's a grinding game, majority of typical players' time is spent on grinding, which makes grinding skills useful.

Tempest is the cleric nuke skill that lets Cleric one shot all classes except Barb in pvp, and surpass Wizard in damage until Wizards get Manifest Virtue at lvl 100. It uses 2 sparks, so use in pve is limited. Your bf says to get it because it's one of the most powerful skills in the entire game, which is not the same as the most useful. Hold it off until higher lvl.

Razor feathers is the skill that lets clerics solo aoe grind. You'll mostly likely want this to grind faster at higher lvls, but for now, it doesn't have much use.

Hold off on the healing skills for now. As long as you have ironheart and wellspring, you're good.

Wield Thunder is great for vit builds and LA, pure mag waste mana on this skill. Pure mag has a large base magic attack, the other make up for that difference by using a skill with a large bonus attached to it as their opener when casting time has no real effect in PvE. They lose the slowdown as well that pure mag gets.

Tempest I kept maxed because I had fun with it. 1 hitting was kinda fun too, but once I started AoE'ing and PvP in dragon temple I was very glad it had preference.
  • Nayethe - Lost City
    Nayethe - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes, I agree about Wield Thunder.

I am an almost pure MAG build Cleric, and I do a lot more damage by casting a Great Cyclone-Plume Shot combo than by casting just Wield Thunder. Both options take about the same amount of time to channel and cast, and casting two spells saves me mana!

Still, Wield Thunder is great for increased defense mobs, since you have to wait for Cyclone to cool down and Plume Shot is just wasted mana.
    Nayethe - 7x Combat Cleric
    ~Reviction~
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php u can check all the skills that exist on PWI and also the cost for each lvl and when u can get and so on and so on...b:victory
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]