Herc skill?

Options
sillyfoo
sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
On Herc what move did you guys use to replace pounce? What were ur reasons? Is bash better then pounce or is pierce better suited for taking the place of pounce? Did u just keep pounce? I would like to hear the reasons for venos decisions to change the move or not. Ty for reading this post. All info would be appreciated.
Post edited by sillyfoo on

Comments

• Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I know alot of venos remove pounce for bash as pounce has too long of a cool down to be an effective aggro skill, in TT with pounce it's only too easy for myself and others to steal aggro from the herc on mobs.

I may go for flesh ream myself or bash. I know Roar is a good aggro skill too but it does no damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redonyou
    redonyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Pounce is only really good for pvpin my opinion, for stopping someone from running away pretty much. Pounce doesn't help herc get agro at all, for defensive purposes if stopping the monster from hitting herc for 3 seconds is even noticible you're probably in trouble anyway.

Pierce is just as bad as pounce for getting agro and the defense debuff isn't that much better than ironwood. Bash will contribute much more damage than pierce and will get the monster's attention.

The only other 2 skills I'd consider using on herc other than bash are flesh ream and claw.

Flesh ream does pretty similar damage to bash overall but isn't as good for generating agro on monsters, but it's bugged and does more damage than bash in pvp.

Then claw is a rare pet skill that you'd have to get from the temple of the dragon event, or buy from someone who has. It's adds +30% physical attack at rank 5. It would do more damage than bash in the long run, but bash still has the advantage of doing more damage in a single hit, making it better for grabbing the monsters attention immediately.

Claw would probably cost you an arm and a leg though if you had to buy it.