free res??

124»

Comments

• Calyss - Heavens Tear
    Calyss - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    LOL, u dont have to res if u want to. I just res, because i have the skill to do it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Canuk - Heavens Tear
    Canuk - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would agree - if you are in a squad - they are your first concern - if you are just grinding - then requests from friends. As for random WC requests - only if I am in the area! I will not go out of my way to rez - simply to find that they have already been attended to by another cleric in that area. As for charging a fee - no! Accepting "presents" - yes!
  • Calyss - Heavens Tear
    Calyss - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I just think charging for res is not right. If the person says "please" and "thanks" I'll be glad to give them bufffs or res b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dizzlet - Heavens Tear
    Dizzlet - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well I'm a cleric. And Honestly the ONLY reason I became one was to help others. If your not about to help somebody else then I dont see why you chose the role of a HELPER lol I don't pay people to rez them but I do accept gifts if they offer. b:thanks And is always appreciated :P And I agree your party is youor main priority BUT if your weren't a noob and could handle your own, you wouldnt need a party all the time. Not gna lie, I've been playing solo since lvl 20 and damm proud of it. Only accept help in fb's and TT b:victory
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Excuse but all classes are HELPERS to others, theres not even one class that can solo things without the help of others (dont start with the veno thing, they still need help, or can solo things only at +15 lvl of what they are doing).
    Clerics are just another class. Im ok with rezzing ppls, but as cleric Id demand only a doll JUST IN CASE I die, then I give it back, or make squad with another cleric also, that its.
    Why? If all party dies, the cleric is the only one expected to go to town and come back to rez all party.... at +70 when you start losing a lot of xp, it will matters. And not all ppl are in strong guilds that pay good salary or have the time to grind a lot to buy dolls, or use Cash Shop.
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    Holystic - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I pretty much rez anyone that asks politely. If I had to travel a great distance to rez someone on request, a tip would be nice but not required. I also heal people near me if I see them get into trouble but I tend to let them die if they are biting more than they can chew because they see me and think "competition". I avoid buffing people unless I see that they are running with nothing on or if they ask nicely. There have been a few times now, where someone has died and I have rez'ed them only to be asked "what lvl rez?", in which case most of the time they don't take it as I dont have a high lvl rez. The problem with most of the people who do this, is that they are normally the ones shouting "Could a cleric plz rez", what they should say is "could a cleric with lvl 10 spell plz rez me?" ..hehe my 2cents b:chuckle
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That would be like me charging to deal damage.

It's just a skill you can use, so use it if you want. Difference is mine kills, clerics heal.

Charging for using a skill is kinda stupid
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    cheaper are u a sage or a demon?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oary
    oary Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Charging for ressing people isn't necessary, I think. To be frank, the thought of charging for such a skill never even occurred to me. Not that it would be pointless, out of my own experience I know the healer type often is short of money. But when you pick a class, isn't it out of charity you want to play a cleric? If you want to deal tons of damage and rule the battlefield, you should take another class instead, because healers aren't meant for the pure purpose of fighting. And if you start to charge for a res, how long will it take before there'll be a charge for buffing, or even just healing people? If you play a cleric, you know you will help and want to help people out there, putting their needs above your own, and you don't usually expect anything in return except some appreciation for the support you gave, whether they requested it or not. (Of course, that requires some politeness from the other party. We did help you after all.) Aren't real-life clerics the same way? (Well, they should be, but that's another issueb:chuckle)

So, while i wouldn't force people to pay for a res, I do want to say to the other classes that we clerics sacrifice ourselves freely (we can be targeted and killed, we sometimes put our squad at danger for you, and of course, there is no absolute merrit in using a supportive skill, not even an exp bonus) to extend help to those who need it. A little reward for that alone (it only needs to be the smallest 'ty') isn't too hard to give back, is it now? b:victory