Extra Buttons for better game play plz

Nalapoeze - Heavens Tear
Nalapoeze - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Suggestion Box
Hi

i already posted before about this but i see no changes ...

can you plz add some extra buttons for a better game play ?

for example :

CTRL for JUMP

directional Keys for moving

and plz add some extra mouse buttons for the attacks ( normaly the F Keys )

i have 2 extra buttons on my mouse (gamers mouse) and i'd like to use them to assign some attacks on it or whatever what.

Plz look for this if you want , i sure know that people realy gonna apreciate this.

If you don't wanna make this can you then at least start a vote for this ?

Who agree with me for some extra buttons ?

yes ?

no ?

Thanks
Post edited by Nalapoeze - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Allow use of directional (arrow)keys for movement and single key presses for Pet attacks are my votes.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i got a mouse with two extra buttons on the side too.. would be nice for like an auto-run or pickup or select nearest target thing (select nearest target REALLY needs to be something =P)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Torhn - Heavens Tear
    Torhn - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I actually went out and grabbed a Nostromo game pad. It has been very very useful in games like these. I can go into the pad's software and customize the buttons to what i like best. Just a suggestion for gamers out there. I do however have a big suggestion for in game controls. There is very little challenge to PVP or combat because most of us are standing in place while fighting. Some attacks/spells you are unable to move when casting them. I would like to suggest maybe allowing movement while attacking, at least for the more melee classes. This would put a major edge on combat game play and making it more fun. Standing and bopping can become dull over time. A warrior or blade use should be able to move about when fighting. Duels and pvp would also become more interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aikuna - Dreamweaver
    Aikuna - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think it'd be great if, instead of tabbing through our attacks, if we could press CTRL or Alt (Or shift) to go through the different "pages" of our attacks on the bottom. For example, F1 would activate the F1 slot, and pressing CTRL would switch to the second page so I could press CTRL+F1 to quickly activate the first spell on the second page. Upon releasing the CTRL key, it would revert back to page 1.

I'm not sure if that makes much sense, but it would be nice. ^_^;

I also agree in more customization. Allowing us to assign actions to the different keyboard and mouse buttons we may have could be very useful, like perhaps assigning different skills to letters or the like.

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. XD
  • Waylander - Lost City
    Waylander - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ...I could press CTRL+F1 to quickly activate the first spell on the second page. Upon releasing the CTRL key, it would revert back to page 1.

Next time you're in the game try hitting Ctrl + F4 and you'll see why that won't work. ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, I just tried it and nothing happened. Didn't know there was a way to disable that? Plus I just realised I meant Alt, not Ctrl but it's still disabled
  • Nalapoeze - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Ye im realy impacient to be able to customize my own Keys for keyboard and mouse . . .

and that movement fight stuff will be niece to ;)

just let me know if changes are made.

i had to reinstal windows due some ****ty virusses (worms ) and lost PW game lol

had to download PW again lol

but im happy i can play again :D
  • Zackey - Sanctuary
    Zackey - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Directional key movement has already been occupied as the up and down directional keys make you ascend/descend in flight. As for everything else, this game is just fine with its "WASD" layout and spacebar for jump. I like it that way.

But if anything should be changed about the game controls, it should be autoselect/attack the nearest target upon pressing an offensive spell. Not to mention the nearest target that is actually IN YOUR FIELD OF VISION. Just had to make sure you understand.

And if you need an example, here's one; World of Warcraft. They accomplished this very well.
    What signature?
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    PETS SKILLS!!1 Pressing ALT+1+2+ its so damn boring!!

And MACROS DONT WORK!!!
  • Nalapoeze - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    So are some changes comming or not ? i realy hope for some extra buttons in the game ... and for extra mouse buttons to , it will be nicer ...

and what about a rear vieuw ? for example : when you press mouse scroll ==> rear vieuw ?
  • _abby - Sanctuary
    _abby - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    PETS SKILLS!!1 Pressing ALT+1+2+ its so damn boring!!

And MACROS DONT WORK!!!

i know thats such a hassle i wish we could have all pet skills auto cast at the same time and that oost was compatale with auto cast at all xD u have no idea how many times that skill saved my pets rear
    im the master of oddities b:laugh and leader of sanity b:chuckle if u got a problem tell me to my face or keep your issues to yourself b:cool
  • Lostblades - Dreamweaver
    Lostblades - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I like the idea of being able to bind more quick keys, i'd also love tab targeting.. or a form of it..
    So far in PWI i have learned two things:

People like crying about Venos (hopefully i'll never find out why since i'm not a veno)

And never say "when pigs fly" `cause in perfect world,,, they do!...

Oh yeah one last thing.... hit 'E" go to trade, cat shop... now you can help landscape Archs west district too! b:laugh
  • Naughtyness - Sanctuary
    Naughtyness - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    one of my major concerns about the buttons/controls in this game is the 1-6 hot bar. I HATE how its only 6 buttons long. I'd like it to be 1-0 and have the ability to have multiple of them up at once. ALSO It'd be nice to be able to assign our own hotkeys. I really despise using the f1-8 buttons for skills. They're a bit of a stretch and I hardly use them. In wow I assigned skills to letter keys and did great. PLEASE PWI CHANGE THIS BROKEN SYSTEM!!