Wizard attributes??

Options
Rita_bouck - Dreamweaver
Rita_bouck - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Wizard
the formula I have been using is to spend my points every other level. putting 3 points each into Mag and Dex.. and 2 points each into Vit and Stre.

I am 17th level, and really not dying that much... but i do run out of mana quickly...

My question though.. is what is the magic formula for a Wiz?
Post edited by Rita_bouck - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Elle_uzionar - Dreamweaver
    Elle_uzionar - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Btw, my stats right now are 30 (mag and Dex) and 20 (Vit and Stre) and the starting post was me.. I just hadn't changed the avatar.
  • Optimeau - Heavens Tear
    Optimeau - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hello.

If you put in 3 mag per 2 levels (as I understand from your post), you will definately lack:
    - MP
    - Magic attack;

I suggest to stick to 1 of the 2 basic builds:
    - Light armor (to have more phys def and crits), per 2 levels: 6 mag, 2 dex, 2 str;
    - Pure/Arcane armor (to have more MP/Magic attack/Magic defense), per 2 levels: 9 mag, 1 str;

cheers,
    Optimeau
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Agreed with Optimeau... Vit is really not a good idea to use in a wizard because every 1 point in vit only gives 10hp addition. You'd be better off buying shards to put into your armor once you get a little higher in level.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thank you for the advice... I really appreciate it... I think I will stop putting points into Vit.
  • Magicz - Dreamweaver
    Magicz - Dreamweaver Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well... if you are going full int, I think you should reset.. if LA then maybe go on, but you will be weaker...
    Member of Dynasty! BTW RBorn died b:sad

ARCANE b:dirty > LIGHT b:surrender!!! b:angry b:angry b:angry

Current Goal: SPAM teh_fishey!

Highest PvE Attack: 22k on FB59 Drake Boss, non-sparked, non-critted, BM dragon, Veno Amped debuffed Sandstorm, lvl 62 Attack, ARCANE FTW!!! b:dirty
    edited March 2009
    Options
    How do you reset?
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    he means remake the character. you could buy reset scrolls but those cost gold.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Zachaire - Sanctuary
    Zachaire - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I use this build-up.

Every two levels:
    7 Mag
    2 Vit
    1 Str

It's does good a job attack wise and also gives you hp, if you like it, that is.
  • Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've been using the [thread=95192]Wizard's Guide for Newcomers[/thread]

with my first Wizard I followed the Light Armour build of
    3MAG
    1STR
    1DEX

per level

which is working pretty well so far; granted I'm only level 21.

I've started another Wizard on Dreamweaver using the Pure build of
    9MAG
    1STR

per level

which I can't comment on yet, but I shouldn't expect too much trouble.

Of course there's going to be trouble in terms of taking damage; the pure, robe wearing, build is going to be more vulnerable, but I'm confident that they are pretty solid builds.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    strength = physical damage. since wizards don't use melee attacks but magic ones, pumping it above item requeriments is a TOTAL WASTE.

dexterity = evasion, critical hit %. evasion is really nice because that allows you to dodge physical attacks but since you're a wiz your task will be to kill anything before it hits back. adding dexterity to get increased critical damage chance is more appealing, but you need 20 dex points to get 1% critical, so it's not exactly a good deal unless you wish to wear light armor instead of arcane. arcane armor has massive magic defense but very low physical defense. arcane requires only a little bit of strength and magic to wear so it's just perfect for a wizard. light plate requires more strength and also dexterity but has more balanced phys/magic defense. the great deal of adding dexterity is to survive a little longer during PvP battles by wearing light armor and the little extra evasion and critical % may eventually save you. if all you want is to have some PvM action and grinding, forget dexterity and wear arcane!

vitality = problem. to every 1 point you add, you get 10 HP. that's depressing... wizards have the lowest HP among all classes and adding vit is not really a solution. actually the best deal is to ignore vitality and get a number of items with +HP and to add citrines to sockets you wish only to go PvM. for PvP things start to get complicated because wizards lack both physical defense and HP and "fixing" both means neglecting magic = lower dmg.

magic = damage. you never miss a magic hit and that's really a huge advantage. but magic on its own won't make you hit high. you need desperately the best magic weapon you can buy. a wizard wearing light armor, with vitality points and a nice weapon will still hit higher than a wizard with arcane, base vitality, crazily high magic but a crappy weapon. mp recovery is very low at low levels but it gets better with time. just meditate or you'll find yourself buying MP charms more often than your wallet tolerates. at lvl 59+ you'll have some tricks to save and recover MP quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Optimeau - Heavens Tear
    Optimeau - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Put at least 1 strength per 2 levels in, to equip the most up-to-date weapon for your level

Optimeau
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have bought a reset scroll and going full tilt Mag.

Thank you all for replying. The advice was a great help.
  • DukesCleric - Sanctuary
    DukesCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    A build i made up myself is: 3 mag, 1 vit , 1 str or dex every lvl
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ok ppl
    ADDING VIT = PHAIL WIZARD
    DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT ADD VIT TO YOUR WIZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    later on in the game you can shard your armor with pdef/HP so there is no need to add vit
    did i mention to NOT ADD VIT, DO NOT ADD VIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    have a good day

P.S. DO NOT ADD VIT, DO NOT ADD A SINGLE POINT TO VIT
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Darkzero - Dreamweaver
    Darkzero - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    im a pure build wiz and the only vit i have is from my equips cuz they were already there.
    the only problem i have is that i do take alot of damage but i do good damage
    but yea dont add into vit at all if your equips have vit well u cant really do anything abaout that
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    later on in the game you can shard your armor with pdef/HP so there is no need to add vit
    There is no need to add vit? LOL. I shard with pdef, all my armor has +def/+hp/+vit bonuses, i have 106 vit total and i still cannot say that hp or def are high. Enough to survive some hits and blink away, but nothing more. If i restat to pure, i will have really low hp. Or, if i restat and reshard, hp will be about 1.8k instead of 2.5k but def will be really low. No thanks, i do not want to suck all way to 9X.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There is no need to add vit? LOL. I shard with pdef, all my armor has +def/+hp/+vit bonuses, i have 106 vit total and i still cannot say that hp or def are high. Enough to survive some hits and blink away, but nothing more. If i restat to pure, i will have really low hp. Or, if i restat and reshard, hp will be about 1.8k instead of 2.5k but def will be really low. No thanks, i do not want to suck all way to 9X.

you are getting famous in lost city for being a fail wizard. you wear heavy armor right? LOL.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol? I wear robes, of course. Heavy wiz do not have any stats to put into vit.

Also, the only thing i fail at is being one-shot.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited May 2009
    Options
    con build is actually a good alternative to light build. however, the light molders provided throughout the 70-89 area are definitly better than the robe. and, i guess you get a slightly higher crit rate(however you could just get that with a few accessories).

but, in the end, con and light are both useless to that of a robed mage hitting like a frate train and wiping the floor with everything in front of them. just need to spend money to be good. just like a light mage would spend gold to get all those good molders, a robed would have to spend money on good normal armour.

browsing the ah today i ran into an 8x top. 2 +69 pdef mods, +4 con, 3s; all for 45k! b:dirty racked it up to +4 with 2 g6 pdef and 1 g6 hp b:pleased
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i was looking for a lvl 60 robe in AH. i got one with 2 +69 pdef +40 HP sharded with 3 g5 pdef shards for 120k

my HP is only 100 less than it was as LA
    i found LA to be very useless because i rather take phys damage than magical, that was when i knew something was wrong
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    uh....did u restat?

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]