A way to fight back...pvp issue.

Options
silenthand
silenthand Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Suggestion Box
I play on the PvE server and find myself and others like me many-a-time hunted by pk'ers doing our quests. These are players lvl 30-85+ that feel killing noobs is some kind of power trip, and justify their actions in a 'because they can' attitude. We have others on these boards that say if you get mouthy because they pk'd you they will continue to do so; the majority of the players on this game are below level 30 have nothing but words to throw in the face of these high level pk'rs to which they have no other recourse of action.

There should be put into place like a self-defense ability that allows you to have a fighting chance. If a player in PK mode attacks you the damage should be neutralized if your x amount of levels below them and their def/mag resists as well as evasion reduced so that the players themselves can fight back. They made the choice to go into PK mode and turn white, this is just a fair way for lower levels to fight back at the high levels that can't fight mobs and/or players at their own level, so I think this is something that could be easily implemented without changing the war/pk system entirely.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

SilentOne
Post edited by silenthand on

Comments

• Corwin - Dreamweaver
    Corwin - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I could be wrong but the way I understand it, if you are in a PVE server then you have the option of going into PVP mode and people in PVP mode can only attack other people in PVP mode. If you don't want to get player killed then I suggest one or more of the following options:

A. If you are on a PVP server then switch to a PVE one.
    B. If you are on a PVE server don't go into PVP mode
    C. If you are on a PVE server don't go into PVP mode until you are at a comfortable level.
    D. If you want to fight other players on a PVE server but want an even fight then ask for a duel with someone around your level.

If the GMs make it so lower levels are able to kill players of a much higher level then this completely negates the point of PVPers leveling up. If this suggestion is put into effect then PVPers of higher level will be complaining wanting it to be taken away. I'm not saying that it hasn't happened until now but I personally have yet to hear any complaints on the subject.

I sincerely hope that one of the above suggestions will help and I wish you good luck.
  • sekmetstouch
    sekmetstouch Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I could be wrong but the way I understand it, if you are in a PVE server then you have the option of going into PVP mode and people in PVP mode can only attack other people in PVP mode. If you don't want to get player killed then I suggest one or more of the following options:

A. If you are on a PVP server then switch to a PVE one.
    B. If you are on a PVE server don't go into PVP mode
    C. If you are on a PVE server don't go into PVP mode until you are at a comfortable level.
    D. If you want to fight other players on a PVE server but want an even fight then ask for a duel with someone around your level.

If the GMs make it so lower levels are able to kill players of a much higher level then this completely negates the point of PVPers leveling up. If this suggestion is put into effect then PVPers of higher level will be complaining wanting it to be taken away. I'm not saying that it hasn't happened until now but I personally have yet to hear any complaints on the subject.

I sincerely hope that one of the above suggestions will help and I wish you good luck.

Well, Corwin you show a total lack of reading of what eaxactly was written by Silence as shown above.

1. clearly it was stated he plays on a PVE server and does have chars at the correctct level for PK mode and chars that are low level.
    However, lower then level 30 you're not allowed PK mode for ANY reason, so your whole theory as you stated above is just wiped out as far as PVE servers go.

2.If you haven't read WC or some of the forums topics lately maybe you should since there seems to b a high occurance of PKing going on some of the PVP and PVE servers.
    I've seen 4 to 6 so far just not on the today's posts as faar as forums go and WC in game is always full of it-PK party let's play is all well and good if ALL chars are willing (that for those who announce the PK parties.) But, some of the cases are of the stalk and wait variety not allowing for those on a PVE server to finish Quests nor turn them in. (Question to those people: Why are so afraid of these chars leveling ?).

3. I play on the PVE server and the re is no way to turn on the PK function if you are not level 30 even if you are attackeD/pked by another player. ( Note: I do have a char of PK level, however I only hit the switch when attacked and it does last 10 hours before shut off - something you failed to mention, and those that do not have the correct level for PK mode.)

4. A lvl 1-29 cannot protect/defend from an attack the mode will NOT work, it will give you an error message. ( you are not high enough for this mode-must be level 30).

5.The duel is never accepted by these players that come and PK. On that I say get a clue they want to PK you. It's sad really that those people exist.

6. What do we the PKed care if the PVPers level up. We ALL deserve the chance to level. What the PVPers have a corner on the market somehow on being the only ones who can level up? Come on Corwin, how is that a fair and equitable solution?

I really don't see how a protect/defend mode hurts ANY player of Level,be it high or low.

I really suggest you read Silenced suggestion again and think about it and perhaps reread your reply on this matter and see that all you've done is support the PKing of low levels who can not defend themselves and level to where the GMs/creators of the game have stated it can start.

I'm not trying to be mean to you here just trying to show you where the faults in you thinking are. And again NOTE: SilencedHand stated a PVE server NOT a PVP server.

A change such as this would not hurt the game at all and might actually bring in more players. I don't where you got that idea that it would hurt it, but you are most definitely wrong-it would be an improvement since a lot of players like to play NOT for the PK/PVP but just for fun.
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This is a very odd discussion.

What Corwin said, and what I believe is that;

-- you cannot be attacked for PK unless you are white name, meaning you ticked PvP mode ON.

-- in other words - to make it perfectly clear, if you are blue name you cannot be attacked.

So I am confused as to what the OP and the one replying to Corwin are trying to assert.

Are you white name (PvP enabled) and saying you don't think you should be PK'ed?
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009
    Options
    In answer to your question no we are not white named nor in PK mode- just being PKed by higher levels. The names are blue and anyone level 30 and above can PK anyone they feel like- even in the PVE Server-Player VS Environment Server. We are merely stating that as our lower level chars (again -blue named) DO NOT have the capabilities of going into a defend/protect mode when another player decides to go into PK mode. And are merely asking the GMs to establish a system where if any lower levels are attacked by these level 30+ players in PK mode we can defend ourselves, Nothing more, nothing less. Something like the PK mode only marked Defend/Protect.Then, if the GMs so decide this is viable it can stay forever or be removed when level 30 is reached and/or during the TWs and/or GWs.

Corwin complicated the matter in his reply by including the PVP Server-Player VS Player Server which was not in the original suggestion to the GMs. PKing is commmonplace there no matter level and name color,etc. On a PVP Server it's expected your going to get PKed at some point.

Hopefully that helps clear up some of the confusion for you- saidje.
  • Corwin - Dreamweaver
    Corwin - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Are you saying that if you are below level 30 you are always able to be PKed even without having to be in PK mode? If this is true then they should definitely just take away the level requirement so if anyone is not in PK mode they cannot be PKed unless in PK mode themselves. I do not understand why it shouldn't work this way. Anyways as for not seeing any problems until now I haven't been on the forum's until the other day so that's probably why. Please correct me if I am still wrong on the way PK mode works.
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Are you saying that if you are below level 30 you are always able to be PKed even without having to be in PK mode? If this is true then they should definitely just take away the level requirement so if anyone is not in PK mode they cannot be PKed unless in PK mode themselves. I do not understand why it shouldn't work this way. Anyways as for not seeing any problems until now I haven't been on the forum's until the other day so that's probably why. Please correct me if I am still wrong on the way PK mode works.

Actually, yes this is what we are saying. A level 30+ char can walk up to you in say Dreaming Stronghold's Bank area and PK you. even though you are not level 30 and can not and/or are not in PK mode. ( Note: the bank in Dreaming Stronghold is Not in a safe zone.). These same people say (in forums--meaning high levels ) say for us lower chars to shut up and take it, do not talk back or we will keep doing it. Please Remember we are talking about a PVE Server.

Several high levels have stated in game i'm going to go PK some lowbies in the new player area. These would be level 1 chars. Maybe some higher levels there collecting herbs,mats,etc. but are not level 30+ yet. How do you defend against that? Well, there is no defense/protect button to help you, all you have is words.

I too thought as you did Corwin regarding the PK mode, until it happened and I saw the forum listings asking for the GMs help in regards to this.

And it would appear some of these high levels knew of this yet said nothing, and did not do it very often and/or not many people decided to take action.

I also realize that most would call us QQers,whiners,criers and the like. That is not the case. Silenced and I discussed this in game and decided that the GMs need to fix a problem that could cost them players and if it was something easily doable without recoding a whole PVE server. Hence, this post suggesting a solution for a way to fight back ( Defend/Protect mode).

I hope that I've answered all your questions and explained it well enough. Sometimes I'm not the best at explaining this kind of stuff ( coding issues and the like). But, I try.
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    emm... just to clarify some things.

1) if you are lvl 30- YOU CANT GET PKED unless (clear it is) youre in a pvp free area, like TW (only i think of)

2)you CANT have white name at lvl 30- in that fact you cant have some high lvl pk you..

3) if high lvls cant pk better that low lvl ones, thats just fair, they spent efford on getting the high lvl, the low lvl must get some lvls to pk better.
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009
    Options
    emm... just to clarify some things.

1) if you are lvl 30- YOU CANT GET PKED unless (clear it is) youre in a pvp free area, like TW (only i think of)

2)you CANT have white name at lvl 30- in that fact you cant have some high lvl pk you..

3) if high lvls cant pk better that low lvl ones, thats just fair, they spent efford on getting the high lvl, the low lvl must get some lvls to pk better.

While this would be the normal practice, I don't believe I see any lvl 15-29's anywhere near TW. I think its best if I gave you an example.

Your doing an orchid temple quest, kill x amount of x monsters to gain x spirit x exp x gold etc. You are out hunting that monster and suddenly you find yourself on the ground dead with a white player or red player (many appear in groups while this occurs so they do not get killed while they have a lot of high level DD's and clerics to keep them alive) and they taunt you with this.

Now I know the original intention of the pk mode option was supposed to be available to the 30+, this also entailing that those under level 30 not in active pk mode cannot be pk'd as well. There is either a way around this, or a bug that has happened in the last 10 patches or so. As I stated earlier it is a small number of people that do this and try to keep it quiet.

Coming from playing games that are PvP and PvE with a pk mode option that is easily manipulated to change those rules is commonplace. There is always a flaw in the design system of a war/pk system that is exploitable. This appears to be one of those times that it may be occuring.

I wish that it were speculation but the characters of my own that this has happened to and others I've witnessed this happening to as well are blue named and the end result is the same, the white named players are able to skirt the rules and kill the players, hence lets go kill some noobs. Most may take that as a means to go kill whites, while others take that as a means to go kill others off grinding in questing area's that are of no consequence to them other then a blood sport.

I hope this cleared some of this up for you to better help you understand the predicament.
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    well, if its true what you say, this cant be implemented cus thats a bug/glicht exploit

you cant be pked in blue name, and if youre white name you cant whine cus you got pked
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    While this would be the normal practice, I don't believe I see any lvl 15-29's anywhere near TW. I think its best if I gave you an example.

Your doing an orchid temple quest, kill x amount of x monsters to gain x spirit x exp x gold etc. You are out hunting that monster and suddenly you find yourself on the ground dead with a white player or red player (many appear in groups while this occurs so they do not get killed while they have a lot of high level DD's and clerics to keep them alive) and they taunt you with this.

Now I know the original intention of the pk mode option was supposed to be available to the 30+, this also entailing that those under level 30 not in active pk mode cannot be pk'd as well. There is either a way around this, or a bug that has happened in the last 10 patches or so. As I stated earlier it is a small number of people that do this and try to keep it quiet.

Coming from playing games that are PvP and PvE with a pk mode option that is easily manipulated to change those rules is commonplace. There is always a flaw in the design system of a war/pk system that is exploitable. This appears to be one of those times that it may be occuring.

I wish that it were speculation but the characters of my own that this has happened to and others I've witnessed this happening to as well are blue named and the end result is the same, the white named players are able to skirt the rules and kill the players, hence lets go kill some noobs. Most may take that as a means to go kill whites, while others take that as a means to go kill others off grinding in questing area's that are of no consequence to them other then a blood sport.

I hope this cleared some of this up for you to better help you understand the predicament.

IF this is true, I would suggest getting a screen shot or video of it and send it in to PWI.
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hopefully that helps clear up some of the confusion for you- saidje.

No reason to get snotty.

If this is the case then you - sekmetstouch - and the other - silenthand - need to take
    the suggestion from Tomato and get screenshot(s), preferably with the PK'ers character
    windows showing, and send it in with a ticket.

It may be that there is an exploit or a glitch and these players could be doing something
    that is against the TOS and a bannable offense.

If you don't submit a ticket and this keeps happening you, well, you would have only
    yourself to blame.

If you wouldn't mind telling the rest of us, which of the PvE servers is this on? Perhaps
    others can take an interest in reporting incidents along with you if they knew it was on
    their server.
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009
    Options
    saidje, my apologies if it seemed I was being snotty. It was not my intenet to come off that way. I was merely stating that I had hoped I had answered your questions fully.

As for the ticket issue --well, again not to come off snotty and/or a smartaleck, how do you know we haven't submitted one or more and/or reported this along with other players and just haven't seen any action done from the GMs?

As far as this thread perhaps this has been our way of warning other players and trying to get some suggestions on what could be done.

As for those on the PVP Server who keep posting stuff--not including Corwin, Tomato, and Bladecutter's bug /glitch line only. You seem not to understand this is the PVE server problem. And as I stated before, under 30+ can not turn PK mode on, to even Protect/Defend themselves, yet can be PKed by the 30+ levels.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    WTF?

You guys are idiots

sekmeh and silent heres a few facts for you:

If u are below level 30 YOU CANNOT BE PK'ED NO MATTER WHAT SERVER YOU ARE ON.

If pk- mode is off YOU CANNOT BE PK'ED NO MATTER WHAT LEVEL YOU ARE.

If you are blue named PK IS OFF AND THUS U CANNOT BE PKED.

Now please stop spouting bull and go play the game. If someone is higher level and has better gear why shouldnt tey hit harder? You are in the pve server so guess wat? PVE turn pk off and stop being an idiot.

kthxbai
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    WTF?

You guys are idiots

sekmeh and silent heres a few facts for you:

If u are below level 30 YOU CANNOT BE PK'ED NO MATTER WHAT SERVER YOU ARE ON.

If pk- mode is off YOU CANNOT BE PK'ED NO MATTER WHAT LEVEL YOU ARE.

If you are blue named PK IS OFF AND THUS U CANNOT BE PKED.

Now please stop spouting bull and go play the game. If someone is higher level and has better gear why shouldnt tey hit harder? You are in the pve server so guess wat? PVE turn pk off and stop being an idiot.

kthxbai
    Chaotiic, here's the thing...I believe problem lies in the fact that they ARE blue-named, and yet white-names are still able to PK them.

If this is the case, this is a serious bug exploit and needs to be brought to the attention of PWI. If this isn't the case...well, then, I don't know what else to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Chaotiic, here's the thing...I believe problem lies in the fact that they ARE blue-named, and yet white-names are still able to PK them.

If this is the case, this is a serious bug exploit and needs to be brought to the attention of PWI. If this isn't the case...well, then, I don't know what else to say.

I think they are just idiots. White names cant pk blue names period and even if u could why would u risk ban jus so u can pk blue names when there are plenty of white names around? Would like an ss saying u were killed by blahblah and ur char blue name or something to prove that the OP and sekmeh are not just complete idiots who dont know shiit about pw
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think they are just idiots. White names cant pk blue names period and even if u could why would u risk ban jus so u can pk blue names when there are plenty of white names around? Would like an ss saying u were killed by blahblah and ur char blue name or something to prove that the OP and sekmeh are not just complete idiots who dont know shiit about pw

*chuckles* Well, I wouldn't go so far as to insult them like that...but yeah, I have to agree with you. Though in every game, there's bound to be a few bugs (I don't think I need to remind everyone of Friday the 13th...?) that we never expected...so I guess anything's possible.

Still, I'm the kind of person who needs some proof to really see what is true. If ya can provide us with a screenshot, it'd be much appreciated...if not...well...I'm sorry, but I'm gonna be havin' a hard time believing this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...