full mag vs. full vit

Options
Newtestament - Heavens Tear
Newtestament - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
right now im a full mag build, but i was planning for future pvp and i was thinking if i should stick to this build, or restat into full vit build around 80s. I kno eventually i want to put some points into vit anyways (hybridish)cus i know i wont last long in pvp if i dont have decent hp.(but this is for later. Im chillin with full mage build right now). Im thinking a full vit build would be great in pvp cus of the huge hp(+stones and great gear) and the abilty to heal. But i was wondering about the damge output. Would i still be able to kill other classes before the charm tix? or would it just be a stalemate?

any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Post edited by Newtestament - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'd definitly recommend hybrid over pure for pvp. The additional hp makes your lack of movement ability/defense worth it. And you can heal yourself. If light armored people think they only hit.. 100? 200? points less after deminishing almost half the mag they should have at their level, I think you should be able to deal more than enough by controlling how much vit you add.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Typically, full int is for pve, and hybird is for pvp. The higher healing of full int doesn't help if you get one-shotted. Full vit just fails. You can't heal and can't attack, it's just delaying the inevitable defeat. It's all a matter of striking a balance between hp and attack/heal. Having enough hp for survival while having enough int to attack/heal effectively.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Typically, full int is for pve, and hybird is for pvp. The higher healing of full int doesn't help if you get one-shotted. Full vit just fails. You can't heal and can't attack, it's just delaying the inevitable defeat. It's all a matter of striking a balance between hp and attack/heal. Having enough hp for survival while having enough int to attack/heal effectively.

I think by "Full Vit" he was talking about what I would call Hybrid. Could be wrong though.

It's fairly easy to figure out the damage differences between the two builds ( Full Mag and Hybrid ). The question is what is given up and what is gained between the two. Also playstyle and attitude are factors.

I would say for a PK build the Full Mag is the better choice. For TW the Hybrid.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • tekyo
    tekyo Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I would say full vit means putting all points on vit but have enough str and mag to wear gear for current level equipment. I guess it could work but the attack/healing power is very low compared to a hybrid/pure int build. Leveling will be a lot slower too, making the costs rise up a lot more(repair costs,charms,pots) A pure int or hybrid would level up 3-5 times faster then a pure vit.

It might work out ok if you get godly gear but other classes and players will still be better then you simply because you can't kill them without help.

Not to mention you would need to spam sooooo much ironheart blessing on a barb that is tanking o.o
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tekyo wrote: »
    I would say full vit means putting all points on vit but have enough str and mag to wear gear for current level equipment. I guess it could work but the attack/healing power is very low compared to a hybrid/pure int build.

Wouldn't that just be 1 str, 3 vit, 6 mag per 2 levels which if I'm not mistaken is the extreme vit form of the Hybrid?
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    just go full mag ^^ you're on PVE server after all so you'll rarely get one-shotted
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Wouldn't that just be 1 str, 3 vit, 6 mag per 2 levels which if I'm not mistaken is the extreme vit form of the Hybrid?

That's about the size of it yes.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I would but more into Vit as wel as wear light to heavy armour.when you have high hp it makes it harder to kill you.I have never played pvp in this game but another gmae i play is based on pvp competive play and the healers there go with as much health as possible.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I would but more into Vit as wel as wear light to heavy armour.when you have high hp it makes it harder to kill you.I have never played pvp in this game but another gmae i play is based on pvp competive play and the healers there go with as much health as possible.

You have to choose between vit and using LA/HA. Can't do both.
  • nefroteti
    nefroteti Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ok here is my 2 cents, as i'm on a pve server i went with 1 vit every level just enough str for my next level weapon and armor, then the rest into mag, and no dex, so far it seems to be working out just fine, i was told by a kind former faction leader on another version of this game that is how to do all the mage types, even in pvp, of course i do wear robe, but like others have said we clerics can heal ourselves and we have the cool buffs also, that is just my 2 cents, have a good gaming expirence everyone.b:thanks
  • Newtestament - Heavens Tear
    Newtestament - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hmmm to clear things up when i said full vit, i meant the extreme. enough str nd mag for gear and the rest into vit. this whole idea of full vit build came up when i heard evenixus of heavens tear was exactly that way. (dont quote me btw this is just wat i heard) and i also heard he only had like around 230mag or something like that. And according to the HT pk ranks hes #1. So im assuming he must be doing something right. Unless, he really isnt an extreme vit build but a hybrid build all along and i just mis-heard.

but thanks for the input guys and any further advice is still appreciated thanks.
  • Nayethe - Lost City
    Nayethe - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Captain Obvious Man statement:

Well, it is really all up to you and what you like. Dying too quick? Add some VIT! Want to kill faster? Add more MAG!

More serious advice:

As a mostly pure MAG Cleric, I would say to not follow in my footsteps if you're into PvP. You HAVE to get the jump on a potential attacker if you want a shot at winning. Your HP will just be too low if he attacks first!

But I'm not really pure MAG anymore, mostly since I'm on a PvP server. Because I want to be able to defend myself from attackers (and not be one-shotted by everyone ><), I have been adding some VIT recently. However, I don't want to cut my damage output too much, as I am usually just grinding, and pure MAG is GREAT for PvE stuff like that.

So... I'm taking the most difficult road of all, which is trying to build a Cleric who can defend himself in PvP, but still have the attack power to grind effectively. In the end, I'm a hybrid, I guess.

I hope that my perspective is useful for you!
    Nayethe - 7x Combat Cleric
    ~Reviction~
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    How is 104 in mag. at lvl 37 which is what I have?
    edited March 2009
    Options
    How is 104 in mag. at lvl 37 which is what I have?

A bit low. You should have at least 3 int per level.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A bit low. You should have at least 3 int per level.

What should it be at that lvl or 38 which I am coming up to?