Calling on Common Sense

Options
MissEbil - Heavens Tear
MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I want to call on all those people who are sick of this arguement about the KSing and constant PKing that's been going on lately. I'd also like a GMs opinion on this as its BRINGING DOWN the reputation of PWI! A lot of people are going to stop playing because lately there is a minority of people that are spoiling it for the rest. I know this is the case on HT and from the amount of complaints from other people, I'm sure it's true of the other servers too.

To me, the TOS seems to agree with me.
PKing is fine, 'cos you can't PK a bluename. HOWEVER constantly stalking and repeatedly PKing a person is AGAINST the rules, it's HARASSMENT and impeades the enjoyment of the game for that individual and even stretching to their friends and anyone that had common decency.
KSing isn't against the rules, as we'd all be banned for doing it accidentally. HOWEVER, repeatedly KSing mobs from one person to bug them and prevent them from completeing a quest or grinding is AGAINST the TOS because it's harassment. The SAME goes for repeatedly KSing a mini boss that a lot of people need and have all lined up for / are taking turns to kill, hence why the GMs came to the Oracle spots and gave the Ban Hammer a good thwack.

So, call me a Carebear because I don't PK all the time on a PvE server. If I wanted PvP I'd've gone to a PvP server, along with the people that do.
Shout all you want, I think this game is going down because of a few stupid and childish people. I don't want to leave PWI, but some people are making me feel I'm going to have to, or face getting royally pissed off becuase a few people think its funny to stop the rest of us having fun.

b:angry [Rant ongoing] b:angry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
Post edited by MissEbil - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Those players, all they care about doing is pissing off other players. The more you hate them the more they like it. Should be bannable to do that.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ksing when it happens to you is annoying but just dont get annoyed at it and yo win not the Kill stealer b:victory
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Those players, all they care about doing is pissing off other players. The more you hate them the more they like it. Should be bannable to do that.

Exactly what I'm trying to say, it makes the rest of us full of hate and personally, I dont want to play on HT so much anymore, which means I dont talk to my guildies and friends as much, which pisses me off that I have to suffer and they LIKE it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Exactly what I'm trying to say, it makes the rest of us full of hate and personally, I dont want to play on HT so much anymore, which means I dont talk to my guildies and friends as much, which pisses me off that I have to suffer and they LIKE it!

Why do you bring up pking,you say you don't do it(and its optional on HT)so just post what you really meant,you're not able to get oracle kills and you're pissed yes?
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I want to call on all those people who are sick of this arguement about the KSing and constant PKing that's been going on lately. I'd also like a GMs opinion on this as its BRINGING DOWN the reputation of PWI! A lot of people are going to stop playing because lately there is a minority of people that are spoiling it for the rest. I know this is the case on HT and from the amount of complaints from other people, I'm sure it's true of the other servers too.

PKing is fine, 'cos you can't PK a bluename. HOWEVER constantly stalking and repeatedly PKing a person is AGAINST the rules, it's HARASSMENT and impeades the enjoyment of the game for that individual and even stretching to their friends and anyone that had common decency.

KSing isn't against the rules, as we'd all be banned for doing it accidentally. HOWEVER, repeatedly KSing mobs from one person to bug them and prevent them from completeing a quest or grinding is AGAINST the TOS because it's harassment. The SAME goes for repeatedly KSing a mini boss that a lot of people need and have all lined up for / are taking turns to kill, hence why the GMs came to the Oracle spots and gave the Ban Hammer a good thwack.

So, call me a Carebear because I don't PK all the time on a PvE server. If I wanted PvP I'd've gone to a PvP server, along with the people that do.
    Shout all you want, I think this game is going down because of a few stupid and childish people. I don't want to leave PWI, but some people are making me feel I'm going to have to, or face getting royally pissed off becuase a few people think its funny to stop the rest of us having fun.

Actually repeatedly PKing someone isn't against the ToS. The players themselves make a conscience decision to be in open PK after lvl 30. So who's fault would that be ultimately? Common sense would tell one that there will be people who will like to look for you and PK you constantly. PKing is part of the game and taking away the fact that someone can PK you repeatedly is taking away part of the PK feature. If one doesn't want to be stalked and PK'd, simple answer here geniuses: Don't join a PvP server or don't turn on PvP mode on the PvE server.

People will want your equipment and people will want to see you whine and complain like you're doing now. By doing so, you're just showing people how much of an idiot you are for not being able to take being PK'd but yet decided to join a PvP server or turn on PK mode.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Actually repeatedly PKing someone isn't against the ToS. The players themselves make a conscience decision to be in open PK after lvl 30. So who's fault would that be ultimately? Common sense would tell one that there will be people who will like to look for you and PK you constantly. PKing is part of the game and taking away the fact that someone can PK you repeatedly is taking away part of the PK feature. If one doesn't want to be stalked and PK'd, simple answer here geniuses: Don't join a PvP server or don't turn on PvP mode on the PvE server.

People will want your equipment and people will want to see you whine and complain like you're doing now. By doing so, you're just showing people how much of an idiot you are for not being able to take being PK'd but yet decided to join a PvP server or turn on PK mode.

You can read these two treads but check the final post on each at least.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=224231
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=223741
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Link's broken.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Link's broken.

For some reason it does not work. cant link them but you can read my signature and that's what they say.

The links are in my signature too.
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    For some reason it does not work. cant link them but you can read my signature and that's what they say.

The links are in my signature too.

After reading the final posts in that thread and the ones made by the GMs, I see that it has nothing to do with my post. I never talked about camping people to KS them. I was talking about PKing and how people will look for you to PK you.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    After reading the final posts in that thread and the ones made by the GMs, I see that it has nothing to do with my post. I never talked about camping people to KS them. I was talking about PKing and how people will look for you to PK you.

I suggest to read both treads completely.
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ok, you told me to read you signature about the GM responses. I did. You also told me to read the final posts of the threads you sent me. I did. And nowhere in those final post and in your signature does it mention anything about PK. Which is what I'm talking about.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ok, you told me to read you signature about the GM responses. I did. You also told me to read the final posts of the threads you sent me. I did. And nowhere in those final post and in your signature does it mention anything about PK. Which is what I'm talking about.
    are you sure?

"and camping the spawn for hours on end while PKing anyone you see fit"
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    are you sure?

"and camping the spawn for hours on end while PKing anyone you see fit"

That would apply to my post if I mentioned KSing and camping spawns. I never mentioned KSing and camping spawns so it has nothing to do with my post.

I only said that it's not against the ToS for people to PK you repeatedly. The GM is talking about camping a spawn for hours and while doing that PKs anyone.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    That would apply to my post if I mentioned KSing and camping spawns. I never mentioned KSing and camping spawns so it has nothing to do with my post.

I only said that it's not against the ToS for people to PK you repeatedly. The GM is talking about camping a spawn for hours and while doing that PKs anyone.

My question might sound stupid. So, I apologize before hand.

so, if you are not camping in one place, how do you PK somebody repeastedly?

You mean the victim follows you every where you go?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This isn't even about killing the same player over and over. Its about the spawn. However killing the same player over and over is still griefing.
    Main characters
  • Alex - Harshlands
    Alex - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This isn't even about killing the same player over and over. Its about the spawn. However killing the same player over and over is still griefing.

Really now? Even when that same player will go and KoS members of your guild who are low level? Then gloat about it over WC. Then cry and complain when you kill him everytime and everywhere you see him.

The world is not always black and white. 99% of the people getting kos griefed brought it upon themselves in some way. The other 1% is just bad place, bad time, casualties of war and all that.
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My question might sound stupid. So, I apologize before hand.

so, if you are not camping in one place, how do you PK somebody repeastedly?

You mean the victim follows you every where you go?

I highlighted the word "You" for a reason. If the GMs were to ban someone for PKing one person repeatedly, that would ruin part of what PKing is about don't you think?

The GMs are talking about banning Pkers with the sole purpose of keeping everyone away from a spawn. I'm talking about simple PK, with the purpose of getting a player's equipment.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I highlighted the word "You" for a reason. If the GMs were to ban someone for PKing one person repeatedly, that would ruin part of what PKing is about don't you think?

TBH yes.
    However, some people might think is harrasment/griefing.

I still like to know how can I pk the same person repeatedly?
  • Zdolnoc - Harshlands
    Zdolnoc - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Really now? Even when that same player will go and KoS members of your guild who are low level? Then gloat about it over WC. Then cry and complain when you kill him everytime and everywhere you see him.

The world is not always black and white. 99% of the people getting kos griefed brought it upon themselves in some way. The other 1% is just bad place, bad time, casualties of war and all that.
    Yeah I'v been in the 1% far too often as of late. Of course then I've also been a part of the 99% by trash talking someone from a rival faction. Then he called all his buddies over and BAM!! i'm dead. XD

But it's all fun and games to me. PvP just adds a whole new level of play and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options

Still committing murder I see. Attacking the player and not the character.
    Main characters
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    TBH yes.
    However, some people might think is harrasment/griefing.

I still like to know how can I pk the same person repeatedly?

Lets see:

Follow them and kill them. Don't think that's so hard to figure out. And if you're going to say that following them with the intention to PK them again and again is harrasment. Think again. As long as they aren't insulting you every chance they get over world chat and such. They chose to go with the PK server or go on PK mode, so it's open season on them. That's their fault and no one else's.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Lets see:

Follow them and kill them. Don't think that's so hard to figure out. And if you're going to say that following them with the intention to PK them again and again is harrasment.

The thing is that what I think and what the Pk'er think has not value. What is important is what the GM and the victim think on each individual case.

A GM might think the case bad today but ok tomorrow as each case is a matter of interpretation.

BTW, the victim might follow you every time to get revenge but not getting it. that should be ok, since they are looking for it.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Common sense has evaporated from these forums over this non-issue as of late.

Common sense:

If you don't want to ever PK, or get PKed, don't roll a toon on a PvP server, and definitely never ever ever enable PK-mode.

If you don't mind the idea of doing PK once in a while, but only when you wish to do so, and don't mind getting PKed while in PK-mode, then by all means roll a toon on a PvE server, and enable PK mode when you wish to engage in PvP.

If you cannot think of playing a game where you don't know who's going to come after you next, or chasing that player across half the map, the rush you get from engaging other thinking breathing strategizing players where only one has a chance to survive the encounter then by all means, roll a toon on a PvP server and PvP until the cows come home if you wish.

=====================

I have no sympathy for anyone willingly in PK mode in any game who QQs about getting PKed for any reason because there is a PvP solution to your PvP problem, or simply re-rolling to a PvE server or never enabling PK mode again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The thing is that what I think and what the Pk'er think has not value. What is important is what the GM and the victim think on each individual case.

A GM might think the case bad today but ok tomorrow as each case is a matter of interpretation.

BTW, the victim might follow you every time to get revenge but not getting it. that should be ok, since they are looking for it.

The GMs can't make decisions like that. Which is why their company saves logs and information on just about everything a player does and which is why they have a ToS. Making switch decisions like that would not be acceptable to the higher ups or to the customers, because the reason that the GM has for unbanning that player may not be acceptable to the rest of the staff, so there are rules and information they must go by in the logs in order to ban someone. Which is why you always see a GM saying "We are looking into it."

As long as the person who is constantly following you and PKing you isn't insulting you over world chat or any other ways, then they are simply playing the role of a PKer.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The GMs can't make decisions like that. Which is why their company saves logs and information on just about everything a player does and which is why they have a ToS. Making switch decisions like that would not be acceptable to the higher ups or to the customers, because the reason that the GM has for unbanning that player may not be acceptable to the rest of the staff, so there are rules and information they must go by in the logs in order to ban someone. Which is why you always see a GM saying "We are looking into it."

As long as the person who is constantly following you and PKing you isn't insulting you over world chat or any other ways, then they are simply playing the role of a PKer.

June,

They will revise the logs and "interpret". I think that what they mean when they say "we re looking into it". As humans, is hard for all of them agree or be same guys working 24/7 (I think they have shifts). If they were NPC's they might give the same interpretation everytime.

In one of those treads that I linked you, a poster mentioned an "interpreation" that a GM gave regarding something (true or not who knows). This one contradicted another interpretation from another GM.
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Three pages on this?

Really?

b:chuckle
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    uhu lots of common sense there XD.

It's been nailed over and over by posts like laers just a lil up. but STILL ppl insist the rules are not to their liking and they want to play on any server in any mode and still have the last sayon everything.
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    June,

They will revise the logs and "interpret". I think that what they mean when they say "we re looking into it". As humans, is hard for all of them agree or be same guys working 24/7 (I think they have shifts). If they were NPC's they might give the same interpretation everytime.

In one of those treads that I linked you, a poster mentioned an "interpreation" that a GM gave regarding something (true or not who knows). This one contradicted another interpretation from another GM.

Which would be a simple misunderstanding in that case.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Which would be a simple misunderstanding in that case.

We are getting closer now and that's good enough for me.b:victory
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

I started playing this game on LS before I realized it was a pvp server. I switched to sanctuary after reaching level 42 (without looking back at all). I play this game for the enviroment and other games (preferrably FPS's) for the pvp action. I spend most of my day in a basement playing a game that I am addicted to such as PWI but at the end of the day it remains simply a game to me regardless. I have no thoughts of leaving the game but I can see why some others might only if the let it get to them. That there is what the competition is about mostly and that is why I keep to myself and enjoy my time online without hassle. Funny how so many take it so serious. Even funnier to see the forums go from a thread based on the game to someone's level of grammar and education. When in fact is grammar or education or even intelligence ever needed in a gaming enviroment other than knowing how to beat the game. All forums are the same as they tend to steer off and back on topic in hopes that someone proves the bigger point to other people who either dont care or will never even comprehend it to start with. I play for the game and leave the arguements and off topic garbage to those who I will most likely never meet outside of a game. gg to all
This discussion has been closed.