Future State of Guilds on Sanctuary

Options
LadyBastet - Sanctuary
LadyBastet - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Now I do not know if anyone has noticed but I have. I have noticed that many factions are in disarray as many high levels 60+ are leaving their faction to join Steel to take out Nefarious. Now I have heard that these so called alliances are temporary and that the high levels would return to their own guild, but my question is if Steel is succesful in wiping out Nefarious whats to say those high levels won't stay with Steel once the guild starts getting a lot of land. The Guild I am in has lost 30+ members in just 2 days and a friend of mine lost around 50 members in his including the faction leader.

Ok say Steel takes all of Nefarious's land then what is someone gonna make a faction to take them out too? Well that's my two cents.
Post edited by LadyBastet - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    well 1st, we have seen no signs of steel taking out anyone yet.
    2nd it is the players own choice if they want to join another guild for a shot at the top, i mean i would if i havent been with my guild for so long.
    3rd well if steel can take out nef i say good for them, it shows that no matter how big u get, u can always fall.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    why r ppl trying to take down nef? i thought steel was attacking outlaw a lot more
  • scionofchaos
    scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    why r ppl trying to take down nef?

Nef was the first to take a territory then first to take a city. Anyone who can take them down can claim the title as current top faction. Then they will be the new target for every other faction that wants to make a name for themselves
    Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
    Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
    Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ahhaha, you guys are reading into this way too much.
  • oznig
    oznig Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So are you saying that once you join a faction you should be bound to stay with said faction?

Or...

Are you jealous because Steel wont let you in?

Sounds to me like the latter. If you can recruit enough high levels to join you faction to become the "top" faction. Hey more power to ya. I personally dont give a rats behind. I join factions based on how well I get along with the other members. For instance I never stay in a faction where members sell stuff to each other. Every faction I've been a part of we have always shared things. Like DQ items, mats, weapons, armor, ect ect.

Besides everytime I see a faction get sooo large on the map as far as land goes, it only lasts for a couple weeks, then cracks appear and it crumbles away. It has happened 2x on HT. First with Empire, then with another, (the name escapes me ATM).
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    Finra - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Let there be no war...no competition... no hatred... no revenge...
    b:sad Don't let Pan Gu down!!

Haven't you all read this??

"The world now cleansed, Pan Gu set about creating a new world... He created three races that possessed the traits he most treasured in himself. The Human race was born of Pan Gu's spirit, and demonstrated morality, honor, and an unlimited imagination. The race of the Untamed, born of Pan Gu's body, embodied freedom and peace, and possessed a unique connection with the natural order of the world. And the third race, the Winged Elves, were born of Pan Gu's own blood, and exemplified beauty, grace, and purity. Between the three races, the Perfect World was created."
    The three races—Human, Untamed, and Winged Elf—must set aside their differences and unite to preserve their way of life, halt the spread of corruption, and above all, protect the Perfect World.

Please keep Perfect World at peace!! >:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Apparently, some of us haven't gotten Pan Gu's memo.
  • elmii
    elmii Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    well it s not like 3 races are fighting between each other XD each guild has all 3 of them
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Now I do not know if anyone has noticed but I have. I have noticed that many factions are in disarray as many high levels 60+ are leaving their faction to join Steel to take out Nefarious. Now I have heard that these so called alliances are temporary and that the high levels would return to their own guild, but my question is if Steel is succesful in wiping out Nefarious whats to say those high levels won't stay with Steel once the guild starts getting a lot of land. The Guild I am in has lost 30+ members in just 2 days and a friend of mine lost around 50 members in his including the faction leader.

Ok say Steel takes all of Nefarious's land then what is someone gonna make a faction to take them out too? Well that's my two cents.

IDK. However, the game should allow alliances to happen whithout the need of leaving your guild.
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If Steel was meant to take out Nef, they aren't doing a very good job at that so far. b:laugh

I doubt Steel can take out nef honestly, but if and when they do go after Nef i may just leave my faction for a bit just to add a little more umph into kicking Steels ****. b:chuckle

Join Steel and get a dose of TAD, who knows you might like it.b:laugh
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Problem with this game is always the same, one guild will always own the majority of the TW lands. It's sad but thats how it works.
  • Khoasbringer - Sanctuary
    Khoasbringer - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    How about putting in limits so there's more of a challage to this game? b:pleased
    Be afraid be very afraid for I have coffee and know how to use it! muhaha b:pleased
  • LadyBastet - Sanctuary
    LadyBastet - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    oznig wrote: »
    So are you saying that once you join a faction you should be bound to stay with said faction?

Or...

Are you jealous because Steel wont let you in?

Of course not. You shouldn't have to be bound to your faction. When I joined my faction we had an average of 25+ members on at all times and I loved the interaction. Now there s barely 10 on when I log into the game and no one talks anymore.

As for me being jealous about Steel not letting me in. I haven't even asked them and don't plan on it. I love the guild I am in regardless of them doing TW or not. This game is about meeting people across the globe. Not proving you have a big ego and being the best. IMO some of the best and friendly factions don't have land or do TW. My first guild I was in was like family and It sadden me to leave as they were a guild for newbies to the game, and I wanted something more.
  • iamcleric
    iamcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Join Steel?

Hmm. They are nothing but lowlifes. Just look at world chat and see how their top members behave. I was in their faction but left. They are the least helpful (not unless they're gonna gain something from it). Their top members formed Mythical before but nothing happened because these top members were greedy and never shared any TW rewards (well they did share with each other, changing leaders every Friday to get the TW payout). They recruited with so many promises but none were fulfilled.

Yes, they have high levels. But what good is it to be at the top when they have no sense of community, camaraderie. A bunch of high levels brought about by greed.

I am glad I left their faction. And not see on faction chat insulting comments about ****, african-americans and other races, and obesity to name a few.

I am proud to be a Filipino but sad to say, Steel's leaders are Filipinos.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    oznig wrote: »
    Besides everytime I see a faction get sooo large on the map as far as land goes, it only lasts for a couple weeks, then cracks appear and it crumbles away.

Yes, usually every territory you own can be attacked. You might only have to defend three of them during any one period of time, but if every territory gets attacked you can wind up burning your entire weekend on defense. Even incredible leaders can have problems finding 200 players capable of cooperating on this scale for an extended length of time.

Defending becomes easier when you have fewer territories (but your income goes down proportionally).

On the positive side, playing on the defending team against such mass assaults can teach you some interesting and useful things about this game.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There is a Sanctuary sub forum for topics like this.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I would of left The Lost City as neutral.Why Nef. decided to do it?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    elmii wrote: »
    well it s not like 3 races are fighting between each other XD each guild has all 3 of them

thats even worse =( fighting each other under the same race >< like chinese attacking chinese when they live together DX b:cry CRUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    scridon wrote: »
    If Steel was meant to take out Nef, they aren't doing a very good job at that so far. b:laugh

I doubt Steel can take out nef honestly, but if and when they do go after Nef i may just leave my faction for a bit just to add a little more umph into kicking Steels ****. b:chuckle

Join Steel and get a dose of TAD, who knows you might like it.b:laugh

FREEEEAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Well, the way I see it, if its temp then its temp, if they keep on winning then its not temp. plain and simple. But the truth is, there is practically no loyalty in a faction like this (if not just real low, or maybe only between friends). You join for the purpose of TW, which is literally excitement and the need for power. (if its not power then you dont even have to get a high concentrate of high lvl juice to get TW excitement) So, for your question, even if they do succeed in several TWs against nef or outlaw or any other, the moment they suffer some consecutive losses (by chance) then their demise will be pretty fast. Why? As opposed to Nef or the present facs dominating the map, Steel was made too fast, has a short history, and the backbone of their fac is yet to become solid over time. (and time+TW loss will be a huge negative on them)
    Personally our fac is lucky, none of our members in their 60s, 70s, and 80s, have jumped ship on us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Strong faction's are the ones that don't have 10 people leave 'cause you lost a battle. Sure, it's a set-back, but just try harder next time - stay positive, and strive to be better. No faction wants to be filled with disloyal members, regardless of level, and what the leaders say. Everyone's all happy as long as they're winning - but the true strength of the faction shows when you lose. It's just my opinion, and some, or alot, of people will disagree; but continuously pulling out wins 'cause you borrow people, or pay them into joining for a TW, doesn't show power at all. It's the ones that started off small, and have strived over the months, getting better and better.

Take Regicide for example. They used to be horrible, and they got worse - but over time, Dan, through alot of patience, built Regicide up, to be quite a power. (obviously not the best, but definitely a match for Outlaw ((which I'm guessing we'll see this weekend))). Props to Dan for making Regicide through hard work.

That's what powerful factions are made of - and yeah, Nefarious is like that also, though greedy as they may be (from rumours only - I never spoke to Sasaki as he hasn't played in over a month).

Just my 2c, if you don't like it, then you can drop my pants and suck it. 'cause I could care less. b:mischievous
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Meh. I got a good solid dose of the fail that is Steel. Or should I say, current Steel members who used to be NWO. Turns out, it takes 2BM's and an Archer, all 80+ to take down a lowly level 64 Veno and 60 Barb. b:laugh Not gonna win TW's against Nef like that, guys. I mean, come on.... I didn't even have my pet out. Yet, here I am, slugging it out in Fox Form, to the point where MissBehaved realized it was it was futile. She couldn't kill me, so she focused on the Barb, couldn't kill him, so she called in reinforcements.

Now, just one point here, and I want you all to know this, and know this well. We were attacked while we were after Kong. That's about as low as you can get. If it was a random mob, or something like that, no biggie, but for God's sake, people. How crappy of a person do you have to be to attack someone after a Boss?

And, yes, I know I probably just annoyed a very, very large group of high levels. MEH. I have no qualms whatsoever invoking the wrath of a group of people who think they're all that ganking me as I flew away from a safe zone after they killed me the first time.

I'm not afraid. It'll take someone with decent skills to actually worry me. I'm not even worried about the ones that are so low they'll try to KS me. I grind on FB mobs. b:chuckle Good luck getting at me there.

TL;DR I don't know about the entire Faction, but of the people I've met of Steel, I'm not impressed. Just another group of egos trying to measure a certain virtual anatomy.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Strong faction's are the ones that don't have 10 people leave 'cause you lost a battle. Sure, it's a set-back, but just try harder next time - stay positive, and strive to be better. No faction wants to be filled with disloyal members, regardless of level, and what the leaders say. Everyone's all happy as long as they're winning - but the true strength of the faction shows when you lose. It's just my opinion, and some, or alot, of people will disagree; but continuously pulling out wins 'cause you borrow people, or pay them into joining for a TW, doesn't show power at all. It's the ones that started off small, and have strived over the months, getting better and better.

Take Regicide for example. They used to be horrible, and they got worse - but over time, Dan, through alot of patience, built Regicide up, to be quite a power. (obviously not the best, but definitely a match for Outlaw ((which I'm guessing we'll see this weekend))). Props to Dan for making Regicide through hard work.

That's what powerful factions are made of - and yeah, Nefarious is like that also, though greedy as they may be (from rumours only - I never spoke to Sasaki as he hasn't played in over a month).

Just my 2c, if you don't like it, then you can drop my pants and suck it. 'cause I could care less. b:mischievous
    Agreed. I dont see how they could succeed long term, when the pple who were literally 'borrowed' decided not to take time to nuture their own faction.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    1.) Although alot of people disagree with PKing at bosses, there are some who do it (like Heleina b:thanks ). However, if you're in PK mode, then you should expect to be PK'd anywhere, at any time. There are no rules to PK - and nobody should have to follow ones that users make up. Personally, I wouldn't attack people at a boss, or before/after it, but that's just me.

2.) NWO were always like that. They joined steel, so they have a fancy name above their heads, but they're still NWO. They'll continue to PK the same ways, and call for 15 people to PK your 4, just cause you killed them. (this, more or less aimed at NWO's leader. b:chuckle ).

3.) I can't speak for most Steel, but the ones I know, wasabei, DR, boyn etc., are awesome people. Though every PK match I'm involved in, ends up with DR and I fist fighting since we really can't kill eachother. =D

4.) If you need help PKing, I'm always up for joining in. b:victory

Edit:
    Agreed. I dont see how they could succeed long term, when the pple who were literally 'borrowed' decided not to take time to nuture their own faction.

The people borrowed, are only there temporarily. They'll go back after some TW's, so even though I like some people in Steel, they're gonna have to work hard to bring their faction up to Nef's league.
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    Shoshoni - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I hear rumors Steel is already cracking at the seams because of too many over inflated egos. I very much doubt they will survive long. Pricks can't handle being around other pricks like themselves for long w/o trying to kill one another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    On the Warriors path. Always with Honor! A Saitada Alt.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I get that about bosses. It's just kinda vexxing when you've taken a long time to get everyone planned out, and then you get killed. On top of that, I'd already started pulling adds when we got attacked. And of course, while I'm dead, another group comes up and starts going after adds, and then yells at us for KSing when we had already started. As for your friends, wasabei was one of the ones that killed me. Telling everyone that was what noobs get for KSing. I've met boy, though. Some people hate him, but I've never had a problem with the guy.

I guess I'm just ranty because everything I've ever been told about NWO turned out to be right. I tried to see them as decent people, but it turns out that in the end, they're just like everyone depicts them. The ones I've had the fortune of meeting that were decent gave me a skewed view.

That being said, I'm still not happy. I plan on gaining enough power to return, in spades, what was dealt to me. Killing someone is one thing, gloating about how you just violated me with a group and calling me the noob? Not gonna happen. I'm out for blood. I'm a patient person, but that's going too far. And I know for a fact that I'm probably not the only person that feels this way. We just gotta find each other, and for lack of a better term, "Take Out The Trash." And there will be much rejoicing. I may be the underdog now, but you know what? I'm good at what I do. It's always my goal to be the best. I'd been getting bored with this game for the last few weeks, but this? This just lit a fire under me. I'm back, I'm bad, and I'm ready.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The people borrowed, are only there temporarily. They'll go back after some TW's, so even though I like some people in Steel, they're gonna have to work hard to bring their faction up to Nef's league.
    I think the 'temp' is just an insurance word, as to not chain them to a faction that is adventuring out if and when they do fail. Such a word will not subjugate them to a term called 'jumping ship' once the fail sauce seeps out, thus freely returning them to any faction with a stainless reputation.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Eh, well with wasabei, it depends who was with him. Alot of NWO are a bad influence. wasabei's actually really nice once you get to know him.

I understand getting PK'd at a boss, then someone coming and killing it, is upsetting, especially if you were insulted at the boss, but like the old saying goes: Do as the Roman's do. - Call out a ton of people to gank them, as they enjoy ganking you.

Damnit; Edit again:
    I think the 'temp' is just an insurance word, as to not chain them to a faction that is adventuring out if and when they do fail. Such a word will not subjugate them to a term called 'jumping ship' once the fail sauce seeps out, thus freely returning them to any faction with a stainless reputation.

I know some of the people that went over, like Deva, Holy and a few other Ex-Seppuku's, I honestly don't see them as guild hoppers, but I do know they enjoy TW'ing. I disagree with pulling a bunch of high levels into one faction, and expecting them all to get along, as I know it isn't possible. Especially with all the competition there. I've been told it's drama-free, whether this is a true statement or not - isn't the point, but I can say for a fact, that it will get pretty hectic in due time. Especially due to the fact that everyone was pulled into Steel so fast. They should've build up slower, but as it stands, they're still doing good, regardless.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Eh, well with wasabei, it depends who was with him. Alot of NWO are a bad influence. wasabei's actually really nice once you get to know him.

I understand getting PK'd at a boss, then someone coming and killing it, is upsetting, especially if you were insulted at the boss, but like the old saying goes: Do as the Roman's do. - Call out a ton of people to gank them, as they enjoy ganking you.

Oh, I'm not going to gank them. Not my style. I want them to see their impending doom, and still be unable to stop it. That's how I get my satisfaction. Complete and utter domination. Not humiliation. It's too easy to do that. I want to prove that not only am I superior, but they had a chance to get away, and chose destruction. Am I egotistical? Yes. I'll be honest. I have an ego the size of a truck. And when someone goes after my friends? You have ego combined with rage. You just don't hurt the people I care about.

On a sidenote, wasabei wasn't the worst of them. He was mostly muscle there for his companions, as far as I could tell, and as far as he knew, we did KS them. So, since you vouch that he's a nice guy, I'll listen. Will I still kill him? Probably. PK mode and what not. Harbor a grudge? Nah. He only said the one thing. God knows I've said worse in my life, right?
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    .. Outlaw's down to 4 lands now. b:chuckle