Pking Clarification Responses Please

Berserk - Harshlands
Berserk - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
To whom which Higher ups this concern:

I wanted to clarify when does pking someone become a bannable offense?

Since you do choose to be apart of PvP Server or enable PvP on the PvE Server, when does pking someone become bannable if they choose to be able to kill other players? Shouldnt you be able to kill whoever/whenever as much as you want since Safe Zones was created to protect against this. Just wondering how this could be bannable offense.

I cant see how this could interfere with "Gameplay Experience" if pking IS the "Gameplay Experience" of the PvP servers or Pk Mode option since you choose that. So just wanted to clarify when pking becomes a bannable offense to on a "PvP Server" or when someone "Enables Pk Mode".

I just dont want my character to be banned for pking on a pk server..

Kinda weird dont cha think?b:scorn

Maybe a GM response would be great about this.
Post edited by Berserk - Harshlands on

Comments

• Ratinax - Sanctuary
    Ratinax - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    PvP: Kill or be killed. I say if they can't cower behind the safe zone fast enough and cry about it, its their faults.

PvE: look above. Added note: Your fault for going white. Your fault for ASKING to be assassinated in a gorey aftermath of a pker XD

PvP at your own risk :D Can't take the heat? Quit playing. Go to a mmo that actually caps pvping like Flyff or some other crappy game XD

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The problem isn't the act of killing other players. It's repeadly killing the same person over and over in a short timeframe.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The problem isn't the act of killing other players. It's repeadly killing the same person over and over in a short timeframe.

... that person that keeps getting owned better call some buddies or go find a new spot to quest/grind/whatever.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    while i agree that pking the same person over and over in a short period (less tahn 12hours) is a bit obnoxious, if you are playing in the pk server (maybe they are more tolerant there) or if you turn white in the pve server, then honestly, its your own damn fault....

You have a choice to tele to a town after you die. teleport after that to somewhere else...

i personally dont pk lower lvls within a short period of time unless they start to talk back. Then I just kill em for fun :-P

Essentially, dont talk back and if you get killed dont say anything to your killer so they forget you easier. Otherwise it could turn into a bigger thing... thats just my own opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    unless your somehow hacking the server to kill people
    there's no way you can get banned for pking
    on pve servers it's your own choice to enter pk mode
    so once you click that button whatever happens is your own fault

now on the pvp server if you purposely follow a player around and kill
    him/her repeatedly you may get banned
    but not for pking but for harassment
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the problem is...WHY kill the person at all? are they a personal threat to you? doubtful. are they one of the games mobs, there to be killed by the devs? no. then, there is NO logical reaon to PK, other than people have this urge to kill others. it is unnecessary. it is unreasonable. it has NOTHING to do with the game. the PKer just feels the need to kill that is not satisfied by griding or questing. my answer to them, get the hell out of this game. you dont belong here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • scionofchaos
    scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the problem is...WHY kill the person at all? are they a personal threat to you? doubtful. are they one of the games mobs, there to be killed by the devs? no. then, there is NO logical reaon to PK, other than people have this urge to kill others. it is unnecessary. it is unreasonable. it has NOTHING to do with the game. the PKer just feels the need to kill that is not satisfied by griding or questing. my answer to them, get the hell out of this game. you dont belong here.

Here is some advise. STOP CARING ABOUT WHAT SOME IDIOTS DO! Personally as long as they stay out of my way I don't give a damn and neither should you. Everything becomes better.
    Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
    Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
    Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Seriously?

I mean, really?

Why do people go on PVP servers when they have issues with PK/PVP? Just keep doing what you're doing. Let the whiners whine.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for soccer practice. Damn.. I HATE soccer. I should have signed up for football.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    @Briegg

PKing has a lot to do with this game... TW's are the prime example. The strongest guilds in TW are the ones that have a lot of pking experience. Why you ask? Well, its pretty obvious, they pk! They know what to do against certain classes and learn how to take em out, when to kite, etc.

Other than that, why else would people pk? Well, in Heavens Tear its more of a fun thing to do (At least for me it is). On the pk servers tho, Im sure you see much more people dropping things from their inventory. (This doesnt happen on Heavens Tear so much bc the people who go white usually get angels, and when they run out go blue).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Black_fall - Heavens Tear
    Black_fall - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've been tempted to switch to pk mode just to amuse higher level players.b:surrender