Useful Cleric

Whitepriest - Lost City
Whitepriest - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
hi
i want to help ppl,heal heal , buff, revive so i choose to be a cleric
now i'm cleric lvl 4 and so far i put all point to mag.
can senior cleric tell me how should i build my cleric to become useful cleric
useful in team.

and any suggesstion for me? as a new cleric
thanks
(i have a lvl 39 mage , btw) :P
Post edited by Whitepriest - Lost City on

Comments

• Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Please don't live or die by my suggestions.

I feel that a mostly int build would be the best fit in a party situation. Meaning by mostly int is that only put the odd point in vit once in a while. I don't even have a formula for it, I just add it in when I feel I need to. Add enough str so you can wear the armor of your lvl and an appropriate weapon.

The higher your int the stronger you healing, the more mp you have to heal your squad. The only downside is your going to have lower hp than other people in the party. You can easily counter this by adding phys def shards to your armor and the odd hp shard.

I have no problems in parties and going solo, I'm a great addition to FB's and TT's.

Also with high mag atk means your a kick **** DD too when you need to be.
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Please don't live or die by my suggestions.

I feel that a mostly int build would be the best fit in a party situation. Meaning by mostly int is that only put the odd point in vit once in a while. I don't even have a formula for it, I just add it in when I feel I need to. Add enough str so you can wear the armor of your lvl and an appropriate weapon.

The higher your int the stronger you healing, the more mp you have to heal your squad. The only downside is your going to have lower hp than other people in the party. You can easily counter this by adding phys def shards to your armor and the odd hp shard.

I have no problems in parties and going solo, I'm a great addition to FB's and TT's.

Also with high mag atk means your a kick **** DD too when you need to be.

wowww thank you very much for quick reply.
    i will go that way.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaburu - Sanctuary
    Jaburu - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well, im only 44 and my "formula" as been:
    - Str: MyLevel / 2 + 5 (so i can use gear and weapons for my lvl)
    - Vit: my objective is having 40 at lvl 60 (have 30 now) to help me protecting some AoE
    - Mag: All the rest points (186 atm)

I make this formula for me reading all post around this forum.

And be a Suport Cleric is not only about spending points, u must see what skills u should give priority to learn. For now u will have enoph spirit for everthing, but soon u will have 2 pages of skills to learn and NO spirit.
    Theres a post somewhere here with that.

Good luck with ur Cleric b:pleased

Edit: for skills priority read this post (the 1st one) at point 8
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1331

Anyway, my priority as been:

For leveling, only this 2, nothing more and allways at max lvl:
    - Plume Shot
    - Great Cyclone

Buffs, cant have it all 4 at max, but have done like this:
    - Spirit's Gift , allways at max
    - Vanguard Spirit, allways at max
    - The others 2 stopped at skills lvl 3,4 because of lack of spirit

Healing
    - Ironheart Blessing, allways at max, its the ONLY healing skill i use.

And, like a suport u wanna be, dont forget to keep REVIVE at max

This is my 2cent's, but im a newbie too :))
    (Wei) Jaburu - lvl 66
    Main: Gauntlets Lord
    Sec: Mace Guru

Legion: Overlords
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Before you run and add "ALOT" of Vit take into consideration you get 10hp per vit.

I say cap vit at 30

or cap at 5 and get shards
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Jaburu - Sanctuary
    Jaburu - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Before you run and add "ALOT" of Vit take into consideration you get 10hp per vit.

I say cap vit at 30

or cap at 5 and get shards

30 vit? ok, changed my objective to 30 then :)
    (Wei) Jaburu - lvl 66
    Main: Gauntlets Lord
    Sec: Mace Guru

Legion: Overlords
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    30vit is considered standard for most clerics it seems, I've seen that suggested a lot.

To some extent it depends on how good you are at making money for good gear too, if you are going to be wearing refined 3 star gear with shards at level 60 then you could get away with none, though having 30 wouldnt hurt either. Though if you are going to be using a lot of cheap gear then you may need to pump up to 40-50.

For every day grinding you would be fine with no vit added in the later levels, although you may end up dieing on some of the hard hitting AoE bosses. In the early levels you will really struggle as a cleric without any vit added.

My advice would be to put 6mag, 1str, 3vit every 2 levels until you get to 30 vit, then just fully pump magic. If you find yourself dying a lot, then there is nothing wrong with adding a little more vit to give yourself that small boost. In the end you can always go back to 30 or lower by buying a reset note which will cost you either 3-5 gold or 300-500k coin. While that sounds a lot right now, by the time you would need to worry about a reset 300-500k wont actually be that big a dent to you.
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, don't load up on vit. You have the power to raise your defense for a reason, use that power to it's fullest. Use tons of shards and don't just use hp shards, pack on phys and mag def too.

At lvl 63 I have a base vit of 28, I dont plan to have it any higher than 35 to be honest. If you plan on having less your going to need money to get top end gears, if you want the good stuff expect a ton of cash grinding. I dont mind grinding for money, some people do.

I however didn't dump much of anything into vit until I was well into my 50's. Once I had my TT weapon (HH if you prefer) I started putting more points into vit due to the massive increase to magic attack. I easily grinded solo with only 10 vit through my 20's, 30's, 40's and into my 50's. But only due to really good armor and weapons. If you don't have access or the money for this stuff I do suggest that your going to want to add a bit more vit earlier.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Capping vit at 30? +300 hp? That's a very small amount of hp compared to what you could really have. At 76, I could have anywhere between +760 hp and +2,330 from vit alone. Capping it so low only gimps its usefulness and wont change anything.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pumping vit means not only lower attack but also lower healing power. Clerics are useful as healers, not tanks. Vit cleric =/= useful cleric.b:fatb
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lol... you need vit if you want to be useful. What use is a dead cleric? Your gonna want 80+ vit by level 80, aiming for about 3k hp unbuffed. Espeicially since the OP is on LC, your gonna want that 3k hp. Pure mag as a main cleric or on LC is the worst thing possible. You can't survive HH70 or higher, and your a one shot to archers and nixes, 2 to BMs and clerics, and WB will kill you after a few hits. Even mages can kill you because of your low hp.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Vit cleric is a useless cleric? Sir, are you high? I assume you think light armor is amazing too, right?
    edited March 2009
    Lol... you need vit if you want to be useful. What use is a dead cleric? Your gonna want 80+ vit by level 80, aiming for about 3k hp unbuffed. Espeicially since the OP is on LC, your gonna want that 3k hp. Pure mag as a main cleric or on LC is the worst thing possible. You can't survive HH70 or higher, and your a one shot to archers and nixes, 2 to BMs and clerics, and WB will kill you after a few hits. Even mages can kill you because of your low hp.

Pumping a little vit won't do much, as it's only 10hp per point. Damage per magic point increases as you lvl. Pumping a lot of vit will gimp you heals and attacks. Those iron hearts that you're stacking on yourself to survive should not be gimped...

As for emergencies, there's always Plume Shell.

Why not just socket hp shards like most people?

Btw, light armor is, in my opinion, not good. And of course vit cleric is not useless, just not as useful to party as clerics that can heal better. Cleric is not a tank. Keep the real tank alive and you won't get hurt. "=/= useful" is not exactly the same as "= useless"
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pumping a little vit won't do much, as it's only 10hp per point. Damage per magic point increases as you lvl. Pumping a lot of vit will gimp you heals and attacks. Those iron hearts that you're stacking on yourself to survive should not be gimped...

As for emergencies, there's always Plume Shell.

Why not just socket hp shards like most people?

Btw, light armor is, in my opinion, not good. And of course vit cleric is not useless, just not as useful to party as clerics that can heal better. Cleric is not a tank. Keep the real tank alive and you won't get hurt.

The dmg difference is not as high as you think. Dunno about you but I would certainly prefer a not one-hit cleric by my side in any situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    The dmg difference is not as high as you think.

It's not the dmg that matters when partying, it's the heal. The cleric's reason to be is healing. In difficult situations, the difference in healing power can be enough to keep the tank alive, and prevent squad wipe. If the squad let the cleric get hit so much that plume shell just isn't enough, it's a bad squad, and you should leave.b:sleep
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Some bosses have inevadable aoe attacks that a cleric cannot avoid. A pure cleric will never see belial.
  • Whitepriest - Lost City
    Whitepriest - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hi,
    ty all for details and various suggesstions.
    m now lvl 10 and build light armor so far.
    but as everyone suggesstions, i should think for some vit to add.
    a little confusing for me to decide though b:surrender
    edited March 2009
    hi,
    ty all for details and various suggesstions.
    m now lvl 10 and build light armor so far.
    but as everyone suggesstions, i should think for some vit to add.
    a little confusing for me to decide though b:surrender

With Light Armor you won't have enough leftover points to add to vit.
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    zzz carebears speak their view on their server
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    With Light Armor you won't have enough leftover points to add to vit.

My hp is 2k with items (of course) at my lvl and I'm LA Cleric, so I believe that vit is not an issue at all. I often see Clerics 70+ with only like 100 or 200 hp more than me, lame imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StrongWings - Sanctuary
    StrongWings - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I am just low level but I am following vit build (6 mag 3 vit 1 str each 2 lvls) and I love it.
    I think my healing spells are enough strong dont have problem to keep ppl alive against any boss I have met so far. And the life u get (with equipment I have about 2400 hp) is really usefull against aoe bosses.
    Second thing are territory wars, TT runs and PK wars. When u are pure magic any archer can 1 shot u. I plan to use hp stones so at lvl 89 I will have about 4000 hp, so with plume shell lvl10 there is little chance to kill me one shot I hope..
    I have read posts from high level clerics (see post of SATII, she is lvl72) and all said u need vit for TW wars at least. Or u will die a lot.. And dead cleric is really not usefull b:chuckle
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I am just low level but I am following vit build (6 mag 3 vit 1 str each 2 lvls) and I love it.

That build was always tempting to me but I really can't decide wich is truly the best for me... LA or this one, i don't wanna give away my crits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    There's these things called rings, and they can come with up to +3% critical bonus. You can wield at least 2 at once.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    There's these things called rings, and they can come with up to +3% critical bonus. You can wield at least 2 at once.

Wich would you prefer a +6% crit rate or a +10%(or highter)? and judging by how many crits I do with just 4% that 10% sounds really nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    The difference between 6 to 10 is slim. And more than just those rings can have crit bonuses. If you're light armor to play a sheer-luck game, just buy crit rings and do full damage.