Spell Rotation

Blazingrunes - Heavens Tear
Blazingrunes - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Wizard
hey all I just have a question about a good spell rotation in general to use.
I am level 40 and have all of my lvl 39 spells + gush pyro stone rain are all maxed for my level.

Anyway whats a good order to do when attacking a regular mob?
Post edited by Blazingrunes - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Blazingrunes - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    anyone? bump
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Gush, pyro, gush, pyro, gush.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thats pretty much the basics. Just add and subtract skills based on element type, and if its melee throw in a phoenix and maybe blink.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • scionofchaos
    scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Agreed. That is very basic but you should get a little creative rather than just use that. Target element weaknesses, throw in a pheonix/Distance shink or a FoW when you get it to give yourself some breathing room. Just mess around a little. You can find something better than just repeating two spells.
    Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
    Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
    Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    For water mabs it's Stone rain, sandstorm, stone rain, sandstorm, stone rain, sandstorm...
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Optimeau - Heavens Tear
    Optimeau - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    more tips:
    - use stone rain (if maxed) as starter;
    - use will of the phoenix on melee mobs to knock mob away;
    - use Force of Will (after lvl49) to "knock" mob away;
    Just make sure you time these correctly :-)

cheers,
    Optimeau
  • Blazingrunes - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    alright thank you... that helps alot! Appreciate the input
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just how I work, other methods work for other people.

Gush and kite with DS and FoW and Ph is pretty much a guaranteed safe method but SLOW.

Ground mobs (ranged or phys) I'll use some variation of SS>G>P>Ph>G>P>FoW>G Generally means you'll take 1 hit or none from a mob during a kill, but you don't need to kite.

You can swap Ph and FoW to take no hits at all, but it can slow down your grind time.

*If SS isn't maxed use SR.

If they are Earth GS>G>P>Ph>G>P>FoW>G (if you don't have GS, use DP)
    If they are fire GS(SS or SR are still viable),G,(quick cast filler spell Hailstorm,pitfall,pyro, anything really),FoW,G>quick cast filler spell
    If they are metal DP>G>P>Ph>G>P>FoW>G>P
    If they are water SS>G>SR>Ph>G>P>FoW>G>P
    Wood and no element I'll just go back to SS>G>P>Ph>G>P>FoW>G

Underwater mobs usually are water based and slower so SS>SR>P>FoW>G>P>Ph>G>P
    Airmobs I'll use the FoW in place of the Ph every time, the flight time makes this not as big a deal on lost grind time.
    (depending on where they die in combo, you might skip a gush if they are not fire based)

My choice of gush in here is for the slow effect and is independant of element in most cases.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I was using gust, stone rain, pyro on my mage on almost all mobs, I like the slow effect of gust so I use it as starter then high dmg with stone rain and pyro then gust again and they were dead (usually).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I use the longest casting hardest hitting spell first because the mob isn't aggro until it gets hit. Then the ultra-fast cast Gush for slow down.

Say 5 seconds to cast a heavy spell (uncounted), then 2 seconds to cast gush, 2 for pyro: 4secs (2 Slowed)

vs

2 seconds gush (uncounted), 5 seconds heavy spell (2 of which are slowed mob), 2 for pyro, mob has hit you or is right on top of you : 7secs (2 Slowed)

of course if your just doing G>P>G>P>G>P>G>P Then yeah, cool to have the mob slowed forever.

and of course GS (lev 7+) is best of both worlds.
  • Magicz - Dreamweaver
    Magicz - Dreamweaver Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I do Div Pyro>Gush>Pyro>Gush and so on... +crown of flame if really low hp.
    Or that with except SR in the front... all depends on mob type
    Member of Dynasty! BTW RBorn died b:sad

ARCANE b:dirty > LIGHT b:surrender!!! b:angry b:angry b:angry

Current Goal: SPAM teh_fishey!

Highest PvE Attack: 22k on FB59 Drake Boss, non-sparked, non-critted, BM dragon, Veno Amped debuffed Sandstorm, lvl 62 Attack, ARCANE FTW!!! b:dirty
  • EvilMarlon - Sanctuary
    EvilMarlon - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wow all these work wonders for a pure int wizzieb:victory
    just goooooooooo with the flooooooooowb:victory
  • nijit
    nijit Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Idk... new as a wiz.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    most mobs have some elemental weakness. using that against the mobs is the great deal of wiz.

there are 3 exceptions though:
    water spells have slowing effect. that's extremely important to avoid hits.
    will of phoenix pushes mobs away. that's the most important spell against melee mobs.
    force of will makes mobs run away. more effective against ranged mobs than will of phoenix because it cancels channel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What spells you use depends on how you play.

For me what works best is:

For Metal mobs: DP>Gush>P>Gush – Usually the last gush is not needed, just there in the macro as a back-up
    For water mobs: DP>Gush>SRain>P/Pitfall - jus to finish it off, depends how much HP the mob has left.
    For fire mobs: SR>Gush>SStorm>Gush

I haven’t found mob close to my lvl that’s not killed by these combos and I get rarely hit, and even when it happens is only one hit. Usually by the next time a mob hits me the HP is fully restored. My build is 1 str 9 magic every 2 levels.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Song - Dreamweaver
    Song - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hello,

I just reached level 20 and finally gotten DP (or was that 19? Anyways...)

I switched my starting move from StoneRain to DP since DP has a longer Channeling...

So I am now using:

DP > Gush > StoneRain > Gush > Pyro > Gush > Pyro

I left Pyro at level 1 and just use it as a filling in between my combos because ultimately I want to do this:

DP > Gush > StoneRain > Gush > Will of Pheonix > Gush > StoneRain > Gush

And repeat.

Would that be a viable choice to drop Pyro? Or am I totally wrong for ignoring Pyro?

Thanks for any comments help in advance.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hello,

I just reached level 20 and finally gotten DP (or was that 19? Anyways...)

I switched my starting move from StoneRain to DP since DP has a longer Channeling...

So I am now using:

DP > Gush > StoneRain > Gush > Pyro > Gush > Pyro

I left Pyro at level 1 and just use it as a filling in between my combos because ultimately I want to do this:

DP > Gush > StoneRain > Gush > Will of Pheonix > Gush > StoneRain > Gush

And repeat.

Would that be a viable choice to drop Pyro? Or am I totally wrong for ignoring Pyro?

Thanks for any comments help in advance.

I don't like pyrogram so I share your opinion. also, later on, you will drop divine pyrogram because sandstorm has shorther channel and glacial snare slows a lot. then you will only use divine pyrogram against metal mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    it's a question of "taste".
    I like pyro, helps with Metal mobs as well as with wood ones.
    all my combo's start with DP unless it's a fire mob.

and last but not least, depends on what wpn you use. I have a WoFate now, refined and with 2 mag attk shards on it, all my combos changed a litlle

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This is what I love about MG builds. It's the most diverse and unique class in the game. It requires it's users strategy and it takes SKILL to master this class unlike some others >_>.

Anyway, this is my personal fav for a lvl 40 MG.

Sandstorm --> Pyro --> Gush --> WoF --> (repeat)
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    pyro>gush rinse repeat gives about the best possible DPS. By ignoring it you give up a signifigant advantage.
This discussion has been closed.