Do u like the speed of wing flaps?( i DO NOT!)

Options
Alyyy - Sanctuary
Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
as the title sais im realy buged with the new speed the wing flaps they were more realystic when they were faster( the flaping i mean) now theyre slow just like before(i mean the flaping again) AND im realy buged with it now, before they were so fast now theyre just boring again (dont get me wrong i lowe to fly but at the new speed of the flaps its just soooo unreal)
Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Alyyy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You're the only person I've seen that complains when a bug is corrected lol. Note that not only the wings were faster but all flying mount, one could say that the wing's speed was acceptable but the other flying mounts looked bad... really bad.

I'm glad they fixed it though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    well mister glad that they fixed it now cleric wings look bad REALY bad and as far i could see the untamed flying mounts were great looking to and what was wrong with the humans swords?

(note that im just tring to get my faster flaping wings back and am NOT tring to make a argue:)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think that the wings should flap according to what you are doing... the old slow speed was god for just hovering. Last weeks speed was a good speed for accelerated flying, and somewhere in between is where I feel it should be for normal flying. Don't understand why it has to be fixed on one stupid speed. so far it's either too slow or to fast for normal flight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think that the wings should flap according to what you are doing... the old slow speed was god for just hovering. Last weeks speed was a good speed for accelerated flying, and somewhere in between is where I feel it should be for normal flying. Don't understand why it has to be fixed on one stupid speed. so far it's either too slow or to fast for normal flight.

well u do have a point there but they lok horible nowb:sad they are obviously not coresponding with the rules of physics ( dont try to say that its because the winged elves are so noble and unique and beatifull and proud:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I hate to admit but I did like the faster flapping wings, it gave the illusion that I was actually flying faster.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you dont say (i knew i was right)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have to disagree... at least now they're more in time with the "body bob"! With the faster flapping the wings would flap 3 times but the body only moved as if the wings flapped twice. It was slightly annoying to me. But in the end... oh well. Whatever... so long as I can still fly around, I'm happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I like it better now. Elf wings are smaller, so it's not that noticeable anyway. For a while my untamed swan wings were flipping like it's gonna come off. It was creepy.b:embarrass
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I agree, I feel like they downgraded the speed of flight. I like the speed it had before, and it turned quicker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I like the slower speed. More...majestic.

But hey...having them go to hyper speed with accelerate would be cool.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thank goodness that bug was fixed. First of all the wings were beating faster but our characters were bobbing up and down the same so our arms went through the wings. Second, with the wings going fast an one going slow it seemed like our characters were struggling to stay in mid air. The only thing that I did like about that bug was that the flying manta rays looked more realistic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thank goodness that bug was fixed. First of all the wings were beating faster but our characters were bobbing up and down the same so our arms went through the wings. Second, with the wings going fast an one going slow it seemed like our characters were struggling to stay in mid air. The only thing that I did like about that bug was that the flying manta rays looked more realistic.

i just wanted to ask who did the photo for u?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I like the broken ones as most claim it looked more real.It looked as if I was going faster now it looks slow.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I like the broken ones as most claim it looked more real.It looked as if I was going faster now it looks slow.

u mean before the new update?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chiclet - Heavens Tear
    Chiclet - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i agree wat u said alyyy, but then I dont... lol. I agree that it is not realistic since you can't keep your body in a straight line while your flapping really slow (im talking bout wing elves). However.... sometimes you just gotta consider the wings as if u were some sort of eagle or w/e. Cuz eagles flap every once in a while, since they just basically glide through the air. Hope that wasnt confusing... although im quite confused now.....................
  • Nayethe - Lost City
    Nayethe - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well, as I was flying with the fast flapping wings, my body would rock forward and backward very noticeably. I definitely did not like that! It was a bit awkward...

However, the wings flapping faster looked a little more realistic. I know that Winged Elves are supposed to be magical, but it would take a lot of magic for wings flapping at slow speed to keep a relatively large creature (your character) aloft. A healthy dose of realism would be nice!

If I had to pick, though, I'd choose slow-flapping wings. My wings look more powerful as they flap more slowly. The fast-flapping wings, to me, looked almost hyperactive and definitely awkward. Slow-flapping wings might be a bit unrealistic, but I like the looks better! =D

Anyway, those are my two cents! Take em or leave em!
    Nayethe - 7x Combat Cleric
    ~Reviction~
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well, as I was flying with the fast flapping wings, my body would rock forward and backward very noticeably. I definitely did not like that! It was a bit awkward...

However, the wings flapping faster looked a little more realistic. I know that Winged Elves are supposed to be magical, but it would take a lot of magic for wings flapping at slow speed to keep a relatively large creature (your character) aloft. A healthy dose of realism would be nice!

If I had to pick, though, I'd choose slow-flapping wings. My wings look more powerful as they flap more slowly. The fast-flapping wings, to me, looked almost hyperactive and definitely awkward. Slow-flapping wings might be a bit unrealistic, but I like the looks better! =D

Anyway, those are my two cents! Take em or leave em!

If it's only the elf wings being affected, that'd be good. At least the natural wings look somewhat better flapping faster. Not so much the bat and butterfly wings though... Did I mention how creepy my untamed swan wings looked?b:embarrass
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    u mean before the new update?

Yes before Wednesdays update they were a lot better.Talking about Eagles there are lot of Bald Head Eagles where I live and they flap thier wings just has hard this is when climbing and going agianst the wind.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i agree wat u said alyyy, but then I dont... lol. I agree that it is not realistic since you can't keep your body in a straight line while your flapping really slow (im talking bout wing elves). However.... sometimes you just gotta consider the wings as if u were some sort of eagle or w/e. Cuz eagles flap every once in a while, since they just basically glide through the air. Hope that wasnt confusing... although im quite confused now.....................

do u mean when the eagles are in an ''air column''? Its air that rises up in the sky and THAT gives em the necesary boost to glide trough the air(they do some kind of circles and stay in the air column to get the boost), hovewer in PWI it doesnt look nearly to that, its clear that they are flaping to come somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    All birds flap with their wings at different speeds. If they flapped at the speed of a hummingbird or a dragonfly you could claim realism but it would look ****. If they flapped at the speed of an albatross or an eagle they would remain almost stationary but for a flap every few minutes.

The fact is, you cannot claim a particular speed of wing movement is more realistic than another without taking in to account the full physics of the size of wings, shape etc.

It is of course the case that flying at accelarated speed should either increase wing speed or size of flap, but really that wasn't the point of this post.

Edit: As a matter of personal preference I much prefer the correct wing speed. The bugged one didn't actually look horrible on an elf (though in my opinion had a less realistic feel), but on the untamed it was seriously painful to watch.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i agree with u but then i dont

for the size if the body the wings are flapping way to slow especialy cuz they arent as big as the eagle ones( biger surface of the wings the slower the flaps can be)

i just want to tell that the speed of flaps we have now is much more unrealistic(dont quote me on this im just talking about wing flap speed not how the body reacts during the flight)

b:byeyours sincerely Alyyy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]