Are clerics really that much better than wiz?

Options
2»

Comments

• Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have a level 23 LA wiz I still die alot and everyone says cleric is better in the long run so are they really that much better?

Clerics aren't much better by way of dying. Both classes are very squishy, especially in Arcane Robes. We just go down trying to heal ourselves, while you guys go down giving the enemy a beating. b:chuckle

Really, if you want to try a cleric, there's nothing stopping you. You can have up to 8 characters, I think, so just roll up a cler and see if you like it better. If you decide our damage is terrible, you can just switch back to the mage. Everyone has their prefered play style, so just play around to decide which works for you.

Also, level your apothecary skill, either way. It's cheaper to make your own hp and mp remedies and charms. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    flicker you are my new friendb:victory

i met this lvl 70 wiz and he was insanely strong...
    i was lvl 32 died in one shot lolz but hes pretty cool and is the highest lvl on dreamweaver i think.

but true while clerics die healing wizzes die beating the living life outta of that person
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    glad to see the flamewar stopped lol.

there's always a chance of this class beating that other one or the other one beating this one. there's not a single class in the game thats superior to any other and they all have strengths and weaknesses. myself, i play a cleric with maxed offensive skills for level. i really like bein able to come up on someone who's havin trouble with a mob and needs help and have more than one option for how to assist. i can either heal the person, i can kill the mob, i can stack a few iornheart on the person and kill the mob lol.

its jus about play style and what suits u best :)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ok, for those of you that think classes are balanced, seriously, you need to pvp more because obviously you haven't played enough to make an informed decision.

Not going to lie, I think wizards are great in most aspects of pve. However, this game is mainly focused on pvp. In comparing pvp strengths of classes, the only accurate way to is a class vs class comparison. Self buffs only, class vs class. Also, leave the 79 and 100 skills out of it. Most people are never going to get those skills, and most people aren't going to get demon/sage skills besides those you can get farming in FB89.

That being said, an equally skilled and geared cleric versus an equally skilled and geared wizard, the cleric wins nearly everytime. If they sleep you your pretty much dead. In my experience, the only real way to prevent guaranteed death is spark and resist it. Yes, you can interupt with FoW, but that doesn't set off the timer, so you just get slept a few seconds later, then proceed with the dying.

My 2cp.

Edit:Ok, so now that I think about it for a sec, the 79 skills really aren't that hard to get, just expensive. Enough people do TT runs and sell apoc as opposed to getting their own skill that the market isn't bad for them. 300k-400k on HT. Got 2 for 500k once /thumbs
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i've watched cheaper(9x pure int mage) come pretty damn close to trashing gale(hyrbid 9x cleric) quite a few times. if it were a charmed match, i'm sure he would have won. clerics are not better, it's offense vs. defense. the smarter person wins(unless you're both idiots, like the people mikel fights, then the cleric wins by out-healing).
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i've watched cheaper(9x pure int mage) come pretty damn close to trashing gale(hyrbid 9x cleric) quite a few times. if it were a charmed match, i'm sure he would have won. clerics are not better, it's offense vs. defense. the smarter person wins(unless you're both idiots, like the people mikel fights, then the cleric wins by out-healing).

Because 89+ is where mages become balanced with other classes.
    Its the only level we'd actually be somewhat competent.
    Before that, we're just food -.-
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    (unless you're both idiots, like the people mikel fights, then the cleric wins by out-healing).

I thought I made clear that I don't want you to mention my name again... and you're in no position to judge anything about my duels/playing style, you've never seen one. So grow up, cut off the crack - not healthy at your 13s - and respect that I stopped bothering with you and do the same. You have no idea what I do, how I do it, what I fight, what fights me - nothing, move on kiddo..
    drag0nball wrote: »
    Mikel_oru, I appreciate your opinion but I have to say that you must explain your opinion other words and in other terms and not like that...
    Specially if you DON'T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA about mage. Of course yousaid that mages have earth barrier iwhc may double phsyyca defence...everyoby know that bc that is at lvl 9...
    I am still amazed you are aware about the sleep spell..the sleep spell for mages may need 20 apocalypse pages but guess what, that spell is instant!!! so clerics dont have time to do a plume hot in duel if the spell is learned...Not to mention theundine strike wihc already can reduce the earth-water-fire resistence by 60% for 12 secs and can be spammed!!! And the balde tempest can 1 hit any robe users 1 hit even without the undine strike.... Oh and did I forgto the lvl 100 skills for mage?? If you want to say something about that you should learn that one too before you say anyhting that you are so sure that clerics are better. Manifest virtue which increase teh attack rate on the weapon according the max MP( 100 MP = +1%) and mages have far more Mp than any class with the wlesspring skill can increase for 60% the MP and at lvl 100 they may get 18,000-20,000 MP I say...so that is about 180-200% more...and lasts 30 secs the Manifest Virtue...
    Of course how can yo know this...you only saw lowbie wizards which died in 1-2 hits...But try facing a lvl 100 wizard and you see they can be strong..I didn't mentioned the other 100 skill bc I never saw it and teh secription does not show direct things..may be better or not that good...Of course I heard clerics have more survivability at lvl 100 but still they can be killed not much harder than mages...

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    Have fun buddy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    spirea wrote: »
    Wizards suck. Don't argue with me unless you are 90+

lol maybe just the user of the wizard?
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I thought I made clear that I don't want you to mention my name again... and you're in no position to judge anything about my duels/playing style, you've never seen one. So grow up, cut off the crack - not healthy at your 13s - and respect that I stopped bothering with you and do the same. You have no idea what I do, how I do it, what I fight, what fights me - nothing, move on kiddo..

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    Have fun buddy.

loool but you can proove tha you made a real duel and at higher lvl?
    You saw a real playing style for another char?
    "grow up, cut off the crack" it does not seem that u respect to stop the botherings... specially if you call him "kido" How doyou know he is only a kid??
    I guess you should learn to have more control on yourself, otherwise you won't have so much buddies...

BTW I know that site just as everyone but still yo have no mage character...so you cannot see until you own the skill and practice it...
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    loool but you can proove tha you made a real duel and at higher lvl?
    You saw a real playing style for another char?
    "grow up, cut off the crack" it does not seem that u respect to stop the botherings... specially if you call him "kido" How doyou know he is only a kid??

It's not me who started all this hatred, ask him yourself. I've been called names by him, that's a reaction only a kid or an imature adult would do. Do I need to mention that I'm not the only one that has problems with him?
    BTW I know that site just as everyone but still yo have no mage character...so you cannot see until you own the skill and practice it...

I do have a mage char low lvl yes and I gave you this link because you were bushing me and claiming that I HAVE NO IDEA about skills and so on, well.. I like reading. Sure it's not the same with actually expiriencing it but the same goes for you, am I wrong? I have my own ideas of how it probably is, call it a rough image of the class(es).

Also all people always say "get to 90+ and we talk" like half of you are even close to 70... So far the people that bush me are 70 something, I suppose that you are all saying nonesense since none of you is 90+ so we are all noobs, our opinions don't matter.. 90lvl means about a year of playing unless you have nothing else to do and spend 10 hours a day on the game.

Try not to fail to see that I'm talking about my own expirience, you think that a lvl56 is too low? ok, ignore me. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i Got to 90 doing mostly dialys in 5 months b:shutup so dnt takes 1 year imao.
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Mikel Oru I have read many classe skills and still I dont know what isbetter or not...and if I am lvl 83 and I say that even I dont understand so much about the skills...specailly which are later on... than how can you understand??
    a lvl 53 is not that much lvl because I made a character to lvl 50 in 2 weeks...
    the later lvls are hard because you need 10 million and mroe EXP to level up...so neighetr of us can say anything sure about it..althugh I heard from someone who played in malaisan server and was clerc lvl 100 and he said that is very strong...but so are other classes as well I guess...
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    a lvl 53 is not that much lvl because I made a character to lvl 50 in 2 weeks...
    the later lvls are hard because you need 10 million and mroe EXP to level up...so neighetr of us can say anything sure about it..althugh I heard from someone who played in malaisan server and was clerc lvl 100 and he said that is very strong...but so are other classes as well I guess...

No one said that one class surpasses the other and I said that many times but I find Clerics to be tough so far (don't ignore those two words, i use them on almost all my posts - no one seems to notice though..) for me mainly in duels and I don't "out-healing" like Frop said, i hit the heals if I think i will need it after the countdown then if things seem tough I sleep and heal myself as fast as I can but that happened only with 10 lvls highter barbs so far..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I thought I made clear that I don't want you to mention my name again...
    Not clear enough.
    and you're in no position to judge anything about my duels/playing style, you've never seen one.
    Because I don't spend time in the most anti-pvp server there is? Boohoo.
    So grow up, cut off the crack - not healthy at your 13s -
    I'm likely more grown than yourself, and.. when is crack ever healthy?
    and respect that I stopped bothering with you and do the same.
    I can't let idiots parade around as such - that would be unjust of me. Completely against what I'm for.
    You have no idea what I do, how I do it, what I fight, what fights me - nothing, move on kiddo..
    I don't know, you're right. But I have a pretty damn good idea. Now, you hush and "move on" or show me proof of this prowess you hold in "duels".
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    @Forp
    You don't expect me to go on with that story now do you? Let's end this now or it will continue forever - if mods existed in those forums then one of us would be banned by now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IronCleric - Sanctuary
    IronCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Will you two shut up already? Damnit every thread I go to I see Forp flaming someone or the flamer flaming Forp or whatever!! its getting annoying im sick and tired of it DANG!! b:angry
    1 Corinthians 13:4-13
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    That's because I'm a source of negativity.
This discussion has been closed.