Server Maintenance (March 18) COMPLETE + Patch Notes

dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Ho, ho, ho!

Here is your weekly reminder that server maintenance will be conducted tonight from 11 pm. - 1 a.m. Pacific Time.

Upon restoration of service your client will install/download a new patch. bon apetito!
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Shake it! b:infuriated

Patch Notes: Version 99
    Released March 19, 2009

Events

Jolly Old Jones Spring gift exchange has ended. Thanks to everyone who participated!

Cash Shop

Training Esoterica Sale!

Changes/Fixes

• Fixed an issue with the Cube of Fate where it would transport you to an empty room upon completion. *Now upon completion of the first 50 rooms, you will automatically be transported to the Cube of Fate Lottery Room. There you will be able to continue through the Lottery rooms (51-60), or return to Fate’s Beginning.

• Fixed an issue within the Cube of Fate for the Count the Apples and Count the Apples EX where the answer options were not showing up correctly.

• Fixed an issue where the flying mount animations where sped up

• Fixed an issue where the ground and water terrain was not displaying properly for some users

• Fixed an issue where the Embrace function was not animating properly

Added

Cube of Fate Deathmatch Arena

Level Requisite: None
    Number of players allowed: 1-6 players per team
    Item Requisite: Stake Stone

The Deathmatch Arena is an exciting new feature that allows players to put up wagers and battle each other for superiority, bragging rights, and of course, a nice chunk of coins. Players wager Stake stones during the fight, and whichever team wins gets all of the Stake stones used in that battle. Each Stake Stone can be sold to an NPC for 100,000 coins.

Here’s how to access the Deathmatch Arena:

Step 1: The Arena Hall
    Enter the Cube of Fate and speak to the Arena Teleporter. He will teleport you to the Arena Hall where preparation for the Deathmatch takes place.

All parties who wish to participate in the Deathmatch will need to purchase a Stake stone from the Deathmatch Arena Boss. These Stake Stones are the entry fee to enter the Deathmatch itself. Each Stake stone will cost 105,000 coins.

With these Stake stones in hand, players will then need to speak to one of the Arena Registrar NPCs.

Step 2: Register
    If you want to fight alongside your friends or against a specific group of players, all players involved must register at the same Arena Registrar NPC.

For example: If Xarfox, Kantorek, and FrankieRaye want to fight Ironman, Perill, and Shnuggles, they will all have to register with Arena Registrar 04. There are a total of 10 available Arena Registrars.

Step 3: Choosing a team
    After all players sign up, the Arena Registrar will disappear and the Arena Preparer will appear with twelve chests (6 BLUE, 6 RED). Each player must speak to the Arena Preparer and choose which team they want to be on. After choosing the team, you will then be able to open one of the chests specific to your team and obtain a Blue/Red Arena Team Tag. This Tag identifies you as a member of your team.

Step 4: Entering the Battle
    After all teams have been decided, the Arena Preparer will disappear and the Arena Doorkeeper will appear. Everyone then speaks to the Arena Doorkeeper to enter the Deathmatch Arena. Remember, it costs 1 Stake Stone each time you want to enter the Battle Arena.

Step 5: Fight!
    Arena battles last for 5 minutes. During this time, it is RED team versus the BLUE team! The winning team is the team that had the most kills recorded during the Deathmatch. If you die, you can purchase another Stake Stone to re-enter the battle. When the battle timer has run out, the Exit Watcher will appear. Any remaining players can talk to the Exit Watcher to return to the Arena Hall.

Step 6: Victory!
    To claim their rewards, the winning team must speak to the Blue/Red Prize NPC that will appear in place of your Registrar NPC. The first person from the winning team that speaks to the Prize NPC will receive all the Stake stones used in during the Deathmatch. That player is then in charge of distributing the stake stones amongst his or her team.

Take these Stake stones to any NPC that has a Trade option and he will purchase them from you for 100,000 coins each.

Some things to remember:

1 Stake Stone is required to enter the Fight.

If you die during the fight, you will be teleported back to the Arena Hall. There you can purchase another Stake Stone and speak to the same Doorkeeper as before to rejoin the fight. You can do this as many times as you like (time permitting).

You can also find all this information at the Deathmatch Arena Boss.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2009
    Shake it like a polaroid picture!
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    cool. new stuff right? glitches fixing!
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Ho, ho, ho!

Getting ready for x-mas already? b:victory

So having said that...I would like the Cupboard and the Wardrobe to be open!

I've been good! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would like the Cupboard and the Wardrobe to be open!

Those should have been added months ago.

I know people who don't buy fashion anymore because they don't have the inventory room for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Those should have been added months ago.

I know people who don't buy fashion anymore because they don't have the inventory room for them.

I KNOW....b:sad

It is in dire need!! I am having to pick and choose my fashions even more know that bank is running out of room bc of HH and other times (full bank fyi).

Why should our fashion have to suffer...pls pls pls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Please Wings of Seraph...please.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    GIVE ME CUPBOARD OR GIVE ME DEATH!

Oh, and Wardrobe too. b:dirty

Don't forget the Genies!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm hoping for new wings myself. ^^
    I sold my Watchers just in case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • anaeli
    anaeli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't care if we don't get anything new as long as my Israfel stops flapping its wings about 20x/sec. T_T
  • Rebela - Heavens Tear
    Rebela - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    kantorek psst psst b:chuckle what ingame event will be at 6pm pst? i'm gonna miss this event too..b:surrender
    i'm just going to sleep is almost 3am here :(
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    9 tailed fox mount? and/or gryphon? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If the next flying mounts are the ones in the forges, yhen I'm not planning on getting those. So I'll go ahead and keep my Swifty till Gryphon comes out.

Also looking forward to the event Friday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Sweet i cant wait to see the latest gli........ I mean patch b:victory
    edited March 2009
    OMG.. you can't be serious.. banning venos for glitches and allowing it for other classes is one thing.. but NOW.. not only are you PROMOTING it for other classes, you are REWARDING IT!.. I mean, this new contest can be summed up really easily... "the more zhenning you do this week, the better chance you have of getting a t-shirt"

that's the biggest bunch of BS I've ever seen!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • OLolli_PopO - Heavens Tear
    OLolli_PopO - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    what kinda **** was that you say 20 mins then like 3 mins later you shut servers down O.o makes no sense...on a good note woot for no more crazy wing flaps!
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lame update....... DELAYED for nothing

T-Shirt competition = Biggest scam alive lmao

10-20$ T shirt .. You'll spend more on this dumb T-Shirt by buying zen then you would just buying a the T shirt yourself..

Well except for you cashshoppers LOL

Sale on XP Scrolls...Wow I saved 5k? Lame.
    edited March 2009
    Lame update....... DELAYED for nothing

T-Shirt competition = Biggest scam alive lmao

10-20$ T shirt .. You'll spend more on this dumb T-Shirt by buying zen then you would just buying a the T shirt yourself..

Well except for you cashshoppers LOL

Sale on XP Scrolls...Wow I saved 5k? Lame.

actually, it wasn't delayed for nothing.. yesterday was st. patrick's day.. the GMs and Devs decided that green beer was more important

as for the contest being a scam.. I totally agree.. plus, it promotes zhenning (afk exp).. what's the difference between zhenning and botting? I mean both are afk exp.. why is one ok and one isn't? simple.. zhenning makes PW money.. botting doesn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _pixiebutt_ - Heavens Tear
    _pixiebutt_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Since i love you in all.
    And you love us tons.
    Can you fix the embrace back please
    it looks like im turning down my hubby
    and thats sad b:sadb:cry
    So be kind and fix that pwease :D

I LUB YOU GMS XD
    IGN: _Pixiebutt_
    Server: Heavens Tear
    Faction: KuraiKage-Leader

Gettin Married Friday: xoAngelxo b:cute
  • kantorek
    edited March 2009
    Please make a separate thread about the announcement. It has nothing to do with tonight's maintenance.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    actually, it wasn't delayed for nothing.. yesterday was st. patrick's day.. the GMs and Devs decided that green beer was more important

as for the contest being a scam.. I totally agree.. plus, it promotes zhenning (afk exp).. what's the difference between zhenning and botting? I mean both are afk exp.. why is one ok and one isn't? simple.. zhenning makes PW money.. botting doesn't.

Exactly lol, Ya st patricks day.. but its not an official day off for alot of places.. Im wondering if they'll LEARN how to WHISPER People in game

I got a whisper from a GM and it went like this 'GM says: Hi my name is (censor this cuz hes not smart dont wanna embarrass him/her) how can I help u?' so I type in the GM's name.. 'Player does not exsist'...So after 1 PM from the GM they dont bother pming me back saying they spelt THERE OWN NAME WRONG..Fix that GMs ..

O fix the glitchs n bugs to... your lame with all these bugs..fix them more often..
    edited March 2009
    kantorek wrote: »
    Please make a separate thread about the announcement. It has nothing to do with tonight's maintenance.

nothing to do with tonight's maintenance? isn't it being implemented during the maintenance? that tells me it's got alot to do with tonight's maintenance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    nothing to do with tonight's maintenance? isn't it being implemented during the maintenance? that tells me it's got alot to do with tonight's maintenance

Agreed once again..I love when they post with the dumbest comments ... but dont reply to important issues with MATURE replies.
  • kantorek
    edited March 2009

Charms have always been in the game.

Training Esotericas have always been in the game.

The billing page has always been on our website.

Nope, this has nothing to do with maintenance.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _pixiebutt_ - Heavens Tear
    _pixiebutt_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009

So since i said about the bugged Embrace
    you will fix that
    WOO go me XD
    IGN: _Pixiebutt_
    Server: Heavens Tear
    Faction: KuraiKage-Leader

Gettin Married Friday: xoAngelxo b:cute
    edited March 2009

Then tell us what the MAINTENANCE INVOLVES...
    edited March 2009
    amazing how you totally ignore the fact that you're rewarding people for glitching the system..

yes, training scrolls, charms, etc.. have always been in the game.. rewarding people for burning through them quickly is promoting the use of the glitch (zhen).. and rewarding people for using said glitch..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Doralas - Lost City
    Doralas - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    -Shakes along with the GMs- Its all in the Hips Wooo~!

I'd just like to be able to play again o-o... Or maybe a new mount :O
    ::::Calamity Faction Director::::

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Let the symphony of Calamity turn the world to dust."
    ~Doralas
  • spinosu
    spinosu Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    when we will have more room in safe and inventory ? (with safe ston or what item u whant but WE NEAD MORE ROOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!) b:angry

I cant buy any clothes or items from boutique ... coz i dont have space ... full extended safe and inv. btw... so what i can do ? ...selling mats...no wey :| Pls give us more slots !
  • Dark_neko - Lost City
    Dark_neko - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    -Shakes along with the GMs- Its all in the Hips Wooo~!

I'd just like to be able to play again o-o... Or maybe a new mount :O

Doralas, no one wants to see you try to dance >_<
    IGN: Dark_Neko
    Server: Lost City
    Faction: NekoGami - Leader

PM me for invite ;)