Problem - PK'ers !

Eaglesw - Lost City
Eaglesw - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Chronicles
Hello
I am a regular player or Perfect World , on the server Lost City , me and my friends ( and I guess not just me or my friends ) got some problem with player killing. I know that Lost City is a PvP ( Player Vs Player ) but the problem is the following : Me and my friends got PK'ed like 1-5 times ( maybe more ) by one guy that allways come back to the place where he finds us , and we cannot leave the place because we got to do a quest there. This won't be a problem if he pk'ed us like 1 time and then he leave ! And this thing didn't happen only once , it happen a lot of times , is there any rule for pk'ers?
Thanks , maybe there will be a solution.
I will be back and post some more about this problem.
You will never fly alone!
Post edited by Eaglesw - Lost City on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Nope...it's a PK server...kill or be killed...it's the harsh truth. It's why I'm a proud Carebear! ^_^ But yeah, if he's causing you grief or something, maybe you can report him for harassment...or something...probably not likely, though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    We in the LC are a PVP server...this means that you are going to have to get used to it!

It will happen more times then you know, you just need to learn the signs.

It might get better but it will never stop.

And there is a rule...kill or be killed! You were probably targeted bc of the ease to kill. Unfortunate, but it happens and will continue.

The last thing you want to do is start yelling and hollering at them bc they WILL keep coming back!

Just say thank you and go on.....b:chuckle It is the price you pay being on a PVP server....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hello
    I am a regular player or Perfect World , on the server Lost City , me and my friends ( and I guess not just me or my friends ) got some problem with player killing. I know that Lost City is a PvP ( Player Vs Player ) but the problem is the following : Me and my friends got PK'ed like 1-5 times ( maybe more ) by one guy that allways come back to the place where he finds us , and we cannot leave the place because we got to do a quest there. This won't be a problem if he pk'ed us like 1 time and then he leave ! And this thing didn't happen only once , it happen a lot of times , is there any rule for pk'ers?

Like a saying I heard on a movie with Clint Eastwood: "Improvise"
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lol I remember (another MMORPG) PK server a level 131 got temp-banned (and warned with perm ban if he kept doing it) for killing lowbies in the beggingers town. He had been doing it for weeks for like hours a day. And (this other MMORPG) is nowhere near as big as this game. There was really nowhere to run for the low lvl players.

The max level in that game can go and kill someone who has just made a char. Players call that server "Armageddon". lol. It's the worst type of pking I have ever seen. b:chuckle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Need a system like they have in ESO. If you kill players a few levels lower than you, you get redder faster. Guards very often give quests but good luck turning them in.....:p
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Eaglesw - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Ohh so nothing it can be done , that is kinda sad , I mean I understand the thing : Kill or be killed , but when you face one with twice the lvl you have there is nothing more to be done.
    The only thing that bothers me is that I cannot finish my quests because of the pk'ers of that kind.
    I understand when I get pk'ed once or maybe twice , but when you get pk'ed like 7 times consecutive when you arrive at the spot or even more it starts to bother you , and you will lose time , and time means exp and so on.
    And yeah I've tryed to talk nicely with one of them not to pk us because we are doing a quest and he said that he accepts bribe if I give him some things he will not pk me or my guild but of course I cannot trust him or what he says.
    Isn't that blackmail ? To ask for some things ( coins , items ) so that me and my guild will not be PK ?
    To what I say here I got proof screenshots.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Ohh so nothing it can be done , that is kinda sad , I mean I understand the thing : Kill or be killed , but when you face one with twice the lvl you have there is nothing more to be done.
    The only thing that bothers me is that I cannot finish my quests because of the pk'ers of that kind.
    I understand when I get pk'ed once or maybe twice , but when you get pk'ed like 7 times consecutive when you arrive at the spot or even more it starts to bother you , and you will lose time , and time means exp and so on.
    And yeah I've tryed to talk nicely with one of them not to pk us because we are doing a quest and he said that he accepts bribe if I give him some things he will not pk me or my guild but of course I cannot trust him or what he says.

There are those out there that do not care. They kill for whatever reason...you are going to have to adjust!

Not to be harsh...I had an issue with it until about your level and then I just dealt with it. It does and will get better but it will still happen.

Happened to me 3 times in 3 minutes yesterday....lmao....

At least you don't lose rep!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I <3 PKing brats.

b:angry
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Guards very often give quests but good luck turning them in.....:p

HAHAh i found a way around this unfortunate quest requirement as a pker..

I'm not telling.. mAUAhahaha

It took alot of GA loss to find out how to do it so you have to find out yourself.
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Like a saying I heard on a movie with Clint Eastwood: "Improvise"

Model A Ford and a tank full of gas......b:laugh
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Isn't that blackmail ? To ask for some things ( coins , items ) so that me and my guild will not be PK ?
    To what I say here I got proof screenshots.

HA HA HA HA. Damm, I did not know Pkers would go to that extend. LOL
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    as long as you are on LC, it will continue. and it will get worse. it is not a place for those with respect for other players are...because killing others is not respecting the work and time it takes to build up a character.

you have two choices-become a killer like them, or leave. i chose to leave.

this doesnt mean you wont be killed on PVE servers. PKers exist everywhere, here and in real life. in PVE they pull bosses to do their murdering for them. but at least you have a better chance of being left alone to play.

sqqeth.gif

Hello
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

PKers exist everywhere, here and in real life.

QUOTE]

I agree with your post but could this be a bit too much?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009

It's not too much. We all know its true.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    It's not too much. We all know its true.

I was going to mention on the previous post that you both sound pretty similar.

Similar avatar, same race, same server, similar posts. WOW
    edited March 2009
    in real life, people who kill others are called murderers. since the goal of this game is for the people to work together to defeat the wraiths, players who kill others are murdering, the same as wraiths.

i call a spade a spade. murder is not what this game is about. killing other players is not what this game is about. it is about restoring order to a beautiful place. PeopleKillers have no place in this game.

QUOTE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    in real life, people who kill others are called murderers. since the goal of this game is for the people to work together to defeat the wraiths, players who kill others are murdering, the same as wraiths.

OMG, LOL LOL LOL LOL

By the way, are you defeating the wraiths for real? and how the fight going?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    **rolls eyes**

Here we go again with the "game life" versus the "real life."

It's a GAME!!

Thx b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eaglesw - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    She was only trying to make a point , and a good one ! Thank you.
    We can make it stop if PK'ers at some point get a punishment! I'm not saying that PK'ing should be forbidden only to get a warn or something if they do it very often.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    She was only trying to make a point , and a good one ! Thank you.
    We can make it stop if PK'ers at some point get a punishment! I'm not saying that PK'ing should be forbidden only to get a warn or something if they do it very often.

Please, read the final post of this tread.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223741
    edited March 2009
    among educators, it is a well known fact that games of all sorts teach skills. FPS video games were originally created by the military and law enforcment as a means of training recruits in overcoming the natural inhibition of killing another person. the problem is that today we have more than a full generation of children and young adults who have become hardened to the concept of killing others, and take delight in it. and we have the skyrocketing crime rate to go with it.

**rolls eyes**

Here we go again with the "game life" versus the "real life."

It's a GAME!!

Thx b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    among educators, it is a well known fact that games of all sorts teach skills. FPS video games were originally created by the military and law enforcment as a means of training recruits in overcoming the natural inhibition of killing another person. the problem is that today we have more than a full generation of children and young adults who have become hardened to the concept of killing others, and take delight in it. and we have the skyrocketing crime rate to go with it.

All I am saying is that FOR ADULTS...(leave the kids to their caregivers)

*If you don't like the pk aspect of the game then leave it alone. You do not have to like it nor play it.

*Additionally.....there has not been a "skyrocketing" rate in crime growth. Check your facts...they have been going down..... FBI Uniform Crime Report
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Did not read this thread, but that will not stop me from judging it.

I am guessing this thread features the following:

"People who pk are cowards who can't kill in real life."
    "GMs should punish pkers!"
    "less QQ more pew pew!"
    "why dont we all just line up and be nice?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    FPS video games were originally created by the military and law enforcment as a means of training recruits in overcoming the natural inhibition of killing another person.
    Oh come now, don't be silly! That's revisionist-history rubbish.

The only thing the military had to do with the history of FPS video games was that there were **** in Wolfenstein 3D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited March 2009
    Oh come now, don't be silly! That's revisionist-history rubbish.

The only thing the military had to do with the history of FPS video games was that there were **** in Wolfenstein 3D.

Wtf did you look up this BS on google or something? What is revisionist history?

The military uses 3d flight simulators and stuff like that even now. Everyone knows that. O_o
  • anaeli
    anaeli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As far as I understand it, "3d flight simulators and stuff like that" != FPS. b:chuckle
  • Eaglesw - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Okay okay we got much into real life as we didnt had to do it.
    Real life is one thing.
    Playing Perfect World is other thing.
    Different stuff !
    If a person cannot control himself and in his imagination thinks that he is Cleric or Wizard or other things that is his problem and probabily needs seein a doctor !
    My point is that PK'ing is cool as long as it doesnt take you all day to make one freakin quest because of a stupid a**hole that PK'es everybody in the quest area and doesnt want to leave the place so that we can make our quest in peace!
    Can we do something about this kind of events?
  • anaeli
    anaeli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    First of all, don't give the PKer the satisfaction that they annoyed you. For instance, I'm a veno and whenever a PKer goes straight for me and avoids my pet, I always thank them for not killing my pet, because it saves its loyalty score. Never yell at them; it's part of what they do it for (and oftentimes the yelling is VERY funny XD).

Second, if the guy keeps following you, discourage him by playing an alt, catshopping for a while, or pushing every emote button in sequence on the edge of the safe zone. If you become boring, they'll soon leave you alone.
    edited March 2009
    If a person cannot control himself and in his imagination thinks that he is Cleric or Wizard or other things that is his problem and probabily needs seein a doctor !

hahahahahaha
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Yikes, bad news for those who hate those violent grand theft auto type games. Ever since they've came out, violent crime has DECREASED. (SInce early 90's iirc...)

Or take the school shooting at Columbine. While tragic, school shootings had been decreasing (and still are) every year. Just because someone is loud and you hear about it doesn't mean it's happening to everyone.

The above post is factually incorrect. There is not a skyrocketing crime rate. There has been a slight increase in the past 6 months due to unemployment, that is all.

Please, take some time to read before you post something like this, it gives people the wrong impression. No evidence violent video games make a violent person.
This discussion has been closed.