How to fix the problem of Oracle Event?

2»

Comments

• Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes. It has been studied that for some, when the risk of consequences for their actions are removed (such as in a game, or in a more lawless third world country) the individuals behavior begins to reveal their REAL morals. Not the imposed morals needed for living 'free' within society. Some of this is based on the environmental needs around them.. if your in a country where lawlessness and might makes right rules, and there is little or no consideration for human life.. the ones that rise in power are generally the ones who have no care for moral considerations, and would kill you for your shirt if they wanted it.

However within more structured society this animalistic nature is tempered by the needs of the individual to maintain their freedoms (I.E. stay out of prison or jail or a mental institution). In this situation, the individual subverts their less moral nature and imposes a facade to allow them to fit within their surroundings. Some are more successful at this than others but the core being, when allowed total freedom from societies moral constraints, such as in a game, gets revealed.

I have a friend that is an Ordained Baptist Minister that I got hooked on FPS's. I asked him once why he liked them so much. His statement to me: 'Because when I play I can be as good or evil as I want, and not go to jail for it'

HIS words. Not mine. When I questioned him a bit about it he basically stated that in FPS's he gets to let his dark side out and doesn't have to control it as he would if he were in 'the real world'.

So in the 'Real' world, he is an upstanding member of his local community. Does a lot of work to help others, but in the FPS he plays, he is well and truly hated because he 'kills' anything that moves. His core being, or an aspect/part of his core being, comes out in the game he plays. Something he would not do in 'real life' because of the consequences that it would bring down on his head.

~Saitada

QFT.

That's what I've been saying all along (but Saitada explained it way better). When you remove the consequences, people starts to reveal their true nature !

A very simple study shows that. They (I would have to find the link about that study) asked to 1001 persons "If you could steal 1 million dollar, and if you steal it, you are sure NOT to get caugh ever, would you do it ?" A vast majority answered yes. It's not hard to understand at all. (Reread Saitada's post carefully again). Its the same thing in online game, YES people acts differently, but YES they show who they truly are.

Anyway, I understand some people are gonna deny this fact and I cannot do anything about it. I guess they just want to feel better about their behavior and can't face the fact that what they do is WRONG.

- Amy
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Good'ol close minded people always say people act in RL the way they act in games.

I PK in games a lot, do I want to commit murder (like zoe claims) or hurt others in RL? no
    Does any half-decent person I ever met do any **** in RL like they do in games? no

No point in arguing with conservatives anyway.

Ah ha, sneaky editing. I saw the original post though, which said you don't want to kill in real life because there are consequences.

Point proven.b:bye
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Anyway, I understand some people are gonna deny this fact and I cannot do anything about it. I guess they just want to feel better about their behavior and can't face the fact that what they do is WRONG.

- Amy

Until you find the link, the rest of your post is irrelevant.

This part shows you to be a close-minded person who believes that someone who would do something in a game would do so in real life were there no consequences.

Sadly, generalizations tend to be untrue more often then not.

Hopefully no one throws a rock at your glass house.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loontjuh - Sanctuary
    Loontjuh - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol this discusion is going no were fast.

simply by not opening your mind to other people views you keep repeating your own thing until you believe it yourself.

and btw its got nothing to do with the oracle quest anymore, and that quest doesnt have problems, only the people trying to do it.
  • NeoT - Heavens Tear
    NeoT - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hmmm... well, well... being a jerk or not...

This event showed a lot of the real face of some players...
    About being a jerk in game and in Real Life, I know after some experiences that it applies... I will not put any name in this post, but telling a person by voice "I am happy that you are dying and I hope you will rot in hell" is not what I will call being a nice person.
    Oh! what a coincidence! This guy is a jerk too in the game!! And part of the KSers too!! I just wonder...

So the start of this post was to propose to the Devs/GMs and Good players to do something about those who are ruining the good and friendly ambiance in the game. Btw, I really appreciate to kill one time one boss in the line, just to try it :) Another Coincidence, no KSers around!

On other posts I saw some ppl trying to define the KS. Ks can happen, I apologize when it happens just because I didn't see a Wiz cast a spell on the same mob as me. But when you lvl92 and KS a lvl32 it's KS + Harrasment because you know that you will get the kill... this is completly different topic.
    And btw, it's miserable...

At least I apologize when I KSed during grinding for some quests! Thing that the KSers of the past week will never do, just because they feel good about it, even in Real Life... They never apologize for their past action all week long, their "leader" was even making a comment for the DP event.. lame comment...
    So yes, they go on the coward path because there is no consequence for their actions, maybe the Internet helps... But I guarantee that if I see the guy I was talking above in the street, I will definitly show him how I deal with those kind of a.s.s.holes... And then there will be consequences...

In PvE server it's hard to do the avenger since we are all here to not deal with pk (except in TW). I just wish that those players and cowards will go in PvP servers to try to be like they are on the PvE.

Well, for futur events , GMs prepare them to avoid such problems (btw Valentine event was griefed by Jewel too). For players, lets report wrong attitudes as soon as it appears, get your F9 key ready :)
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hmmm... well, well... being a jerk or not...

This event showed a lot of the real face of some players...
    About being a jerk in game and in Real Life, I know after some experiences that it applies... I will not put any name in this post, but telling a person by voice "I am happy that you are dying and I hope you will rot in hell" is not what I will call being a nice person.
    Oh! what a coincidence! This guy is a jerk too in the game!! And part of the KSers too!! I just wonder...

So the start of this post was to propose to the Devs/GMs and Good players to do something about those who are ruining the good and friendly ambiance in the game. Btw, I really appreciate to kill one time one boss in the line, just to try it :) Another Coincidence, no KSers around!

On other posts I saw some ppl trying to define the KS. Ks can happen, I apologize when it happens just because I didn't see a Wiz cast a spell on the same mob as me. But when you lvl92 and KS a lvl32 it's KS + Harrasment because you know that you will get the kill... this is completly different topic.
    And btw, it's miserable...

At least I apologize when I KSed during grinding for some quests! Thing that the KSers of the past week will never do, just because they feel good about it, even in Real Life... They never apologize for their past action all week long, their "leader" was even making a comment for the DP event.. lame comment...
    So yes, they go on the coward path because there is no consequence for their actions, maybe the Internet helps... But I guarantee that if I see the guy I was talking above in the street, I will definitly show him how I deal with those kind of a.s.s.holes... And then there will be consequences...

In PvE server it's hard to do the avenger since we are all here to not deal with pk (except in TW). I just wish that those players and cowards will go in PvP servers to try to be like they are on the PvE.

Well, for futur events , GMs prepare them to avoid such problems (btw Valentine event was griefed by Jewel too). For players, lets report wrong attitudes as soon as it appears, get your F9 key ready :)

You better not be threatening anyone. For that matter, why would anyone waste all their efforts leveling up to move to a pvp server when the whiners pissing them off are RIGHT THERE?

And yes, I have my report button handy for all you people who like to cuss when you can't do anything else :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • NeoT - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Hahaha, so now the other players are pissing you off?

That is so funny... Hope you enrage on your seat while knowing I am laughing my **** off over here and that a lot are doing the same!! Too funny!!b:laugh

Well too bad for you I am not threatning or threathning, I am just giving an exemple of a jackass about the comparaison of game/real life.
    This jerk is a jerk in both... a shame for all of us I think... But that I will let somebody judge that...

And yes report and QQ (as you learned lately to do so well lol <-- still laughing too much lol ) when a low lvl say that you are an a**h***, because you might be one lol ... still laughing too much... sorry need to go... laughing too loud over here... Hahahahahahahaha
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    o.O Calling me an a$$hole does you absolutely no good as I am quite aware and do not care that I am one.

Though calling me a QQer is a shame since all this drama was brought about by people who actually did complain, and probably regret they rolled a PvE server where they can't just kill the camper in question...

...oh wait, were the campers in PK mode? My bad, I guess you picked PvE server cuz you had no choice....

And I guess you missed the part where I said I like to bait people for laughs. It'd be kinda sad if I were pissed off at my own game, which I am not. You probably misread what I said; I was talking about campers after all, and I wasnt' camping oracle spawns...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i like this event very much b:dirty
    the prices of gold gone very high thats the best thing ever happened xD
    i sold 100 gold yesterday for like 16mil coins or more b:chuckle
    Keep up the good work GMs b:victory

Really? I made about 17.5mil off of my 100 gold. b:chuckle
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ah ha, sneaky editing. I saw the original post though, which said you don't want to kill in real life because there are consequences.

Point proven.b:bye

Ah good 'ol failure from HT is back, please explain this:
    http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2645/zoelies.jpg

Oh ****, not only do you fail in game, compare real life murder to online pking, encourage us pvpers to commit real murder, but you also lie.

How much can you possibly fail? you surprise me everyday
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ^ Hahahahaha zoe you're so pathetic b:laugh BUT PWNING ZOE IS MY JOB DAMN IT.
    Do you fail so much on purpose ?
    Did I do sneak editing as well, omg did I say I wanna kill people before editing too? come on zoe dont let me down ;) fail for me too I need a siggy update.

There was a program in CNN where 2 ppl representing both sides of the conflict (is there any direct relation between how u act in games and how u act in RL) the guy who said yes end up walking to the door a bit early b:cute
    I cant find it on youtube b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What you say does not matter. You play on pvp severs so your opinions don't mean squat. You are the ones doing the killing so you would of course try to deny this. Sorry, you fail. Been proven countless times that without concequences, people would do whatever the hell they wanted. I've witnessed it personally.

Once in class the teacher said "lets ignore the rules for a few minutes, you can do whatever you want and there are no concequences"

The students proceeded to trash the entire room while I watched.

A killer is a killer. Stop hiding you cowards.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ooooh ad hominem when your stupidity is shown ?
    more more

I fail?
    It's been proven that:
    You have absolutely no idea of what pwi pvp is
    You lack basic human morality
    You have serious psychological issues
    You encourage real life murder
    You lie and just got caught.

An animal killer is an animal killer, stop killing mobs go out shoot the animals u cowards !!!
    omg are all pve players animal killers? zomg !!!!!!!!!!!
    /Zoe moment.

Did I do sneak editing this time? only zoe knows ;P

That fail was too long for sig, can you fail again but in a shorter post for me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    edited March 2009
    What you say does not matter. You play on pvp severs so your opinions don't mean squat. You are the ones doing the killing so you would of course try to deny this. Sorry, you fail. Been proven countless times that without consequences, people would do whatever the hell they wanted. I've witnessed it personally.

Once in class the teacher said "lets ignore the rules for a few minutes, you can do whatever you want and there are no concequences"

The students proceeded to trash the entire room while I watched.

A killer is a killer. Stop hiding you cowards.

You are seriously equating someone who would PK someone to being someone capable of committing murder.

Seriously?

PKing pixels in a game = killing being fully capable and wanting to kill people in real life?

Seriously?

So, those players who play CS as terrorists are fully capable and would commit terrorism if there were no consequences?

Seriously?

I'm going to leave you with something to think about, Zoe.

Just because the external consequences might be suspended doesn't mean that someone will lose complete control of their ability to think and reason. If you want to quote studies to back your claim up, then by all means do so, but supply citations and facts instead of claiming it's been "proven countless times".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ooooh ad hominem when your stupidity is shown ?
    more more

I fail?
    It's been proven that:
    You have absolutely no idea of what pwi pvp is
    You lack basic human morality
    You have serious psychological issues
    You encourage real life murder
    You lie and just got caught.

An animal killer is an animal killer, stop killing mobs go out shoot the animals u cowards !!!
    omg are all pve players animal killers? zomg !!!!!!!!!!!
    /Zoe moment.

Did I do sneak editing this time? only zoe knows ;P

That fail was too long for sig, can you fail again but in a shorter post for me?

Zoe read this with an open heart, and stop being so hard headed.

I've actually looked through this thread, and Emi has summed up everything here.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You are seriously equating someone who would PK someone to being someone capable of committing murder.

Seriously?

I hope you understand why I was lol about her other post in the other tread. PK in game does not mean, killer in the real world if there were no consecuenses.

However, I still think that rule is applicable on jerk in games, would be jerks in real life if there were no consecuenses. However, there are exceptions and % of game jerks who would not do it in real life. My statement is that most of them will.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I hope you understand why I was lol about her other post in the other tread. PK in game does not mean, killer in the real world if there were no consecuenses.

However, I still think that rule is applicable on jerk in games, would be jerks in real life if there were no consecuenses. However, there are exceptions and % of game jerks who would not do it in real life. My statement is that most of them will.

That's all false according to zoe-logic :P
    b:chuckle

Why did zoe stop posting b:sad
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just because the external consequences might be suspended doesn't mean that someone will lose complete control of their ability to think and reason. If you want to quote studies to back your claim up, then by all means do so, but supply citations and facts instead of claiming it's been "proven countless times".

Here are some actual studies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

You can draw your own conclusions.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That's all false according to zoe-logic :P

Why did zoe stop posting b:sad

I hope she is not Pking.
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I hope she is not Pking.

You mean killing people irl?
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have a friend that is an Ordained Baptist Minister that I got hooked on FPS's. I asked him once why he liked them so much. His statement to me: 'Because when I play I can be as good or evil as I want, and not go to jail for it'

HIS words. Not mine. When I questioned him a bit about it he basically stated that in FPS's he gets to let his dark side out and doesn't have to control it as he would if he were in 'the real world'.

So in the 'Real' world, he is an upstanding member of his local community. Does a lot of work to help others, but in the FPS he plays, he is well and truly hated because he 'kills' anything that moves. His core being, or an aspect/part of his core being, comes out in the game he plays. Something he would not do in 'real life' because of the consequences that it would bring down on his head.

~Saitada
    You can also look at this in a less violent manner as well. a very powerful person in a controling enviroment at work may go home and be totally submissive (and all the details that entails). its a release from the stress of thier outside world. it allows them to let go and not have any cares.

just because someone caters to thier needs, or pks, or plays fps (ect insert your posion here) doesnt make them inherently evil. Its when they lack respect for the other people involved. Respect for others is the key
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Are all/most people who play online poker and gamble fake money gambling addicts in real life?
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ok,

1- Here are some ideas for the Devs/GMs first:

- Make the "oracle" not instant xp but need to report somewhere else.
    (At least if a guild decide to KS a spot you will know that the leader doesn't give a dam about it and maybe support it and you can ban the guild leader for that (HARRASSMENT towards other players))
    - Don't accept insults from your customers (do you insult the manager of the shop you go buy your food? I would like to see his reaction... please try it)

2- Here are some ideas for the good gamers who are want to have fun in PWI:

Let's all get together against the annoyers.
    If we all unite they can't do nothing (except QQ (as they do so well lol)).

I am not a dev, I am a gamer, so I say let's all UNITE people and do a petition against the HARRASSMENT.

Seriously, let's give back PWI the reputation of a game where you can enjoy a good evening after work. Happy gamer = Happy Customer lol

(I play on Heaven's Tear I don't know about the other servers)

Or you can just wait a few days til event is over and use the oracle books than since higher lvls will keep ksing b:surrender

If u actually had to go report after every single oracle quest, the value of the books would drop since u cant spam them. Ppl would buy less dolls to use at Jolly Jones for spring packs which i imagine would affect the gold buy/selling. And i dont think devs/gm wanna mess with that.
    edited March 2009
    Are all/most people who play online poker and gamble fake money gambling addicts in real life?

Obviously, the answer is yes, yes they are. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NeoT - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Or you can just wait a few days til event is over and use the oracle books than since higher lvls will keep ksing b:surrender

If u actually had to go report after every single oracle quest, the value of the books would drop since u cant spam them. Ppl would buy less dolls to use at Jolly Jones for spring packs which i imagine would affect the gold buy/selling. And i dont think devs/gm wanna mess with that.

Gasoline,

I have some Oracles, yes I am going to wait for doing them... Just because I don't want to deal with this situation. Not because I am going to get on my knees in front of higher lvls. Like I said, being higher lvl doesn't make them special AT ALL.

I tried yesterday one to have fun with some other gamers in the line.
    It's all about respect... RESPECT and FAIR GAME...

I have a higher lvl char as well... I don't go KS because I am sure I can 2 shot this mob... But I don't do it... I respect other players. That is my point here...

RESPECT and FAIR GAME...