I really need Advice D:

Options
Kireya - Lost City
Kireya - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Blademaster
I'm really confused right now O.o

I made a blademaster because I enjoy soloing and melee classes, so, to be somewhat prepared, I read up on them a bit. The guide I read told me that sword /blades were very strong, with high crits and pretty good damage, and since I like swords, I went with it. The problem is, that now, after reading some other guides, swords don't seem so great anymore, that they're only good for 1 vs 1, which doesn't sound very good for soloing.

So, basically, I'm just wondering, what would be a good weapon choice for a solo Blademaster that can actually survive? Or can swords be used effectively? And, I'm also curious if I've effed up my stats too much (because of build flip-flopping)? Please help me xD I need some advice.

My Stats at level 19.
37 Vit 7 Mag
39 Str 32 Dex
Post edited by Kireya - Lost City on

Comments

• amexi82
    amexi82 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    First of all, if you really enjoy swords then stick with it.

You can survive well with swords, they can be used effectively.
    Biggest difference is fewer aoe skills and more single target skills.

I'd say you can still switch without having your stats **** you over, just use less dex in your build if you go axes or polearms.

oh and 7 magic = fail :P
  • Jasili - Heavens Tear
    Jasili - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Mag: fail

Vit: fail - too much...
    b:shocked
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    your build is a lil out of whack, your still early enough to get it straight but you should be something like:

50str/32dex/23vit/5mag

That is kinda a standard Sword build of 5str/3dex/2vit every other level. your gonna have to get back on track in order to use the latest swords. The 2 points in Mag will not kill you, but I would not add any more.

Swords are fine, I am primarily a sword user and have very little issue soloing. you can run into some issues if multiple mobs gang up on you, But at level 44 you do get drake sweep, which is a radial Aoe, for multiple mobs.

Really, if your a sword, you have to fight one mob at a time, you can and will have some Aoe's in case of emergency, but if your intention is to try to take on multiples you would want Axes, Poles will do multiples too but your Aoe's are straight line attacks, where the Axes are radial. The problem you will have is that your build is kinda messed up right now and to switch to axes, you are way way short on STR. your Str should be at 59 for Axes right now.

Something else that is off is that you cannot use the latest heavy gear with your current stats. I guess, most of all you need to start to get your stats right, you have till level 29 to reall ymake a decision on weapon choice so take the time to play with all of them and see what you like better.

This is basically what you will get with each

Axes, Radial Aoe's for multiple mob attacks, Lower dex, means more misses and less crits. Very useful in FB's and TW.

Poles, Linear Aoe's for Multiple mob attacks, higher Dex and quicker attack speeds than Axes, means you build chi faster and crit a lil more often.

Swords. Strong 1v1. Quick hitting, high dex build

Fists, Very High Dex, lots of crits, fast hits, builds Chi very fast. Good evasion....I really dont know what to think about fists, To me, it is the polar opposite of axes, but they both may suffer from lack of VIT. Due to the unbalanced need for STR points in axe and DEX points in Fist.

Good luck, and get your points straight!!
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hahahah, sword Blademaster's in PvP. Always brings a tear to my eye.. b:quiet
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hahahah, sword Blademaster's in PvP. Always brings a tear to my eye.. b:quiet

An elegant post in the wrong thread always brings a chuckle to my lips.b:laugh
  • Kireya - Lost City
    Kireya - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thank you so much Sam b:pleased that really really helped!
  • blademaster661
    blademaster661 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    not nesccesarly mag is good for a few things one for this wepon i got that increses the magic attack and its really helpful for my combos 2 it raises mp so if your in danger and you run out of mp there you go
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Np, Kireya
    And good luck! Just remember to try and keep your STR at the level you need it for the latest heavy armors, you get the most bang for your buck out of your Golden Bell if you do. Being that it is a percentage boost on your Pdef.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Np, Kireya
    And good luck! Just remember to try and keep your STR at the level you need it for the latest heavy armors, you get the most bang for your buck out of your Golden Bell if you do. Being that it is a percentage boost on your Pdef.

This is the best advice, I think.b:victory
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    not nesccesarly mag is good for a few things one for this wepon i got that increses the magic attack and its really helpful for my combos 2 it raises mp so if your in danger and you run out of mp there you go

Raising mag is unnecessary and a waste of attribute points for BM's. If you do run out of magic. One MP pot for your level will almost recover all MP points. And adding magic attack does nothing for a BM as they do physical attacks.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phantum - Lost City
    Phantum - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

O___O Umm... no offense but lay off the happy juice.
    b:dirty Why does it take 100,000 sperm to fertilize one egg? Cuz they don't ask for directions... *Rimshot* b:dirty

b:laugh "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." b:laugh

b:sad "Most cars on our roads have only one occupant, usually the driver." b:sad

b:chuckle "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese." b:chuckle

b:shocked "SUPREME COURT REULES THAT MURDERERS SHALL NOT BE ELECTROCUTED
    TWICE FOR THE SAME CRIME." b:shocked
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol you dont need to add nothing to mag and YOU ARE A DD think of that read the guids and decide what you wana be and stick whit it because will be hard to change later in the game....just remember ppl want you in party for your damage not tanking not magic atack just normal healthy damage
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey! Magic is awesome! Back up off of the guy! Haven't you's ever heard of Magic Swordsmen?!