Sanctuary - FB19 (Human) Issue

darkmullet
darkmullet Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
So I and a group of folks rushed this dungeon and pretty much owned everything. But after killing Thromh the Mighty, my Quest list says I didn't kill him. Still says 0/1. We killed him after we killed the mobs. It popped up that the Quest was complete, so I thought maybe the number was just glitching. But when I talk to the Elder there is nothing.

I tried trashing the quest to get another Call to Duty to try again, but nada (I figured it was worth a shot). It lets me accept the quest to go to the Dungeon to kill the mobs again (which yay, get to do that again) but NOT another Call to Duty to make the boss appear.

Any ideas? Can I get another Call to Duty somehow (perhaps a GM)? Or is this glitch just **** me and I need to hope that some squad does FB19 and lets me tag along so I can actually complete the quest?
Post edited by darkmullet on

Comments

• Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Call to Duty does not make the boss appear. The quest you trashed and took again is the one you need. What likely happened is that you got a little too far behind the rush and did not get credit for one or more of the mobs during the first pass. I've seen that happen once before on the human FB19. Assuming it is not a worse glitch than that, you just need a squad to run you through again. Yes, that is tougher without the Call to Duty tab, but there are a number of people on the server now who have said they will help anyone stuck in your position. You can PM me (ign: BobNCut), for one. Most evenings I am on and can help.
  • darkmullet
    darkmullet Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So the boss re-spawns without the tab? That's good to know. Otherwise I'd be boned. And thank you for the offer, I'll probably try to re-do it later today.

But the odd thing is that in the quest box, it said 8/8 (of both monsters) were killed, and the killing of Thromh was next on the list. And I was definately not far away when she bit the bullet. So I don't know if my connection went wonky at the time of killing her, or if there WAS a glitch in the system.

Regardless, since I don't need the tab to actually complete the quest my issue is now much smaller. Thanks again, and maybe I'll run into you later!
  • Poiss - Sanctuary
    Poiss - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As I recall, there's a known bug with FB19, which you might have had the misfortune to experience. So it sounds like you'll have to try tagging along with another squad doing FB19 -- no more call to duty.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    darkmullet wrote: »
    It popped up that the Quest was complete, .

QUOTE]

By saying this I'm assumimg you tabbed. So, I have no clue. However, I had a similar situation long time ago when I was level 20+in which I was not the tabber.

When we killed the mob, something was supposed to go my inventory but it was full (since I got a pop up window screen message saying inventory full, same message that you get when you try to turn in quest and inventory is full). I did not get whaterver item it was.

When I left the dungeon and left squad (since I used my teleskill), I got a message saying called of duty mission failed.

I just sharing this so you know there are some weird cases here

I never knew what happened. I guess there are some bugs on this.
  • Myakun - Sanctuary
    Myakun - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If there are 2 people in the same party with the fb quest, will they both get the quest reward if only one tabs the pillars? Or can both tab the pillars even though only one can be party leader? Or will the FB have to be done twice?
    As a matter of fact does the one with the FB HAVE to be the party leader? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn to the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." Frank Herbert (Dune)
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If there are 2 people in the same party with the fb quest, will they both get the quest reward if only one tabs the pillars? Or can both tab the pillars even though only one can be party leader? Or will the FB have to be done twice?
    As a matter of fact does the one with the FB HAVE to be the party leader? b:puzzled

The FB quest and the Call to Duty (tab) quests are separate quests. They are related, obviously, but they operate independantly. For the FB quest, as long as you are in the dungeon and get the requisite kills done (in the right order for FB19), you should get the quest completed. For Call to Duty, only one person at a time will use their tab to activate this quest for the whole squad. That person has to be the leader (and has to stay leader throughout) because the quest reward (some experience, some reputation, and a blood material) is for everybody but the squad leader. If you have two people with the tabs, you can do the FB twice. Only the first pass through will be needed to complete the FB quests assuming all goes right, the second pass is just to get full value out of the call to duty tabs.
  • Myakun - Sanctuary
    Myakun - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That was exactly what I was looking for Bobncut. Thanks a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn to the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." Frank Herbert (Dune)