Veno life without Herc or Phonix...

Options
Anaouijia - Sanctuary
Anaouijia - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
I know that so many Venos prefer the Phoneix or a Herc and i too would like to get one but i cant afford it at the moment.. but you can proceed with success with other tameable higher level mobs right..?
i mean i know you can.. you just have to experiment with differnt mobs...at different levels..
the Huggy Hare at 70 i want that..... and there is that big white bear im not sure what level he is...
Right now im usually using my florafang (66), my little bunny (66) and i just got a skikou Valorian (60).. and i have a foxwing (62) now all of my pets still have the level of attacks they came with.. if i were to keep these pets and kept leveling them along with myself...they do get stronger or is that wrong??.. truthfully i never paid attention... so im asking.. lol i suposed with leveling of pet the stronger it is getting...
and i am aware to level a skill i have to purchace that from the zoogolist.. .. right... so if i saved my coins and updated these guys skills after a while they could be just as worth while in the long run because i made them that much more stronger??

any help or suggesttion with yr experiences without herc or phonix..would be greatly appreaciated..
thanks..b:laughb:pleased
Post edited by Anaouijia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I know that so many Venos prefer the Phoneix or a Herc and i too would like to get one but i cant afford it at the moment.. but you can proceed with success with other tameable higher level mobs right..?
    i mean i know you can.. you just have to experiment with differnt mobs...at different levels..
    the Huggy Hare at 70 i want that..... and there is that big white bear im not sure what level he is...
    Right now im usually using my florafang (66), my little bunny (66) and i just got a skikou Valorian (60).. and i have a foxwing (62) now all of my pets still have the level of attacks they came with.. if i were to keep these pets and kept leveling them along with myself...they do get stronger or is that wrong??.. truthfully i never paid attention... so im asking.. lol i suposed with leveling of pet the stronger it is getting...
    and i am aware to level a skill i have to purchace that from the zoogolist.. .. right... so if i saved my coins and updated these guys skills after a while they could be just as worth while in the long run because i made them that much more stronger??

any help or suggesttion with yr experiences without herc or phonix..would be greatly appreaciated..
    thanks..b:laughb:pleased

Hello fellow Rebirth. I'll be honest with ya, the Herc is the best tank and the Phoenix is the best attack pet for a veno. Nothing else will come close to those two. However, you will do fine with just regular pets that you can tame. I used Crystalline Magmite prior to getting a Hercules and he did just fine with regular grinding and tanking. I also had a bear cub for magic mobs. You should definitely upgrade aggro holding skills on your main pets.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So for 66 levels, no1 told you that a crystalline magmite (level 17) from volcanic purgatory, A sawfly (level 7) from around bamboo village near Plume, and a scorpion (level 1) around city of lost are the 3 best pets in game not including nix and herc? I feel bad for you. Leveling the lowest level pets is the best thing you can do, because they get more atk/defense/hp from level bonuses than they do from already being high level. So that florafang you have sucks compared to the level 1 scorpion if you level it to 66.
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi, certainly i agree that the herc n the nix r on a class all their own. While pretty much any pet you keep at your level will be able to handle the normal routine of grinding/questing, i would advice you against just picking up pets as you level up. I myself keep something of an unorthodox pet bag (a couple of very popular rares and a darkbreed wolfkin) and while i've found they pretty much meet all of my demands, this comes at the price of knowing i won't be able to solo certain instances/bosses until much later than most venos. What i would recomend is for you to plan ahead as to what you want your roster to look like, oportunities will abound for you to try out new pets and there are certainly some great ones you can look forward to taming (the armored bear comes to mind) but as pets do get stronger as they level up, mobs tamed at higher levels will generally make for weaker pets than those trained at low levels.

You seem to have a somewhat balanced selection of pets, with the florafang guard making a good puller, the valorian as a tanker and the snowhare as a somewat decent magic tank (btw, i'm glad the bunny has been working out for you ;)) but as skilling can get very expensive you should thoroughly research which pets you'll be keepin in the long run before comitting to the expense of leveling up/adding to their skill set.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Game is certainly playable without a herc and pheonix- I got a herc for farming purposes because the golem is only limited in TT but I wont be spending so much on a pheonix when my sawfly with fleshream does just fine.

Golem is the best tanker/farming/pve pet aside from the hercules, and the sawfly seems to be next best to the pheonix. To be honest I had a huggy hare at level 75.. it sucks badly.. dosent seem to be good at anything. The level 80 great dodo bear is a rare 12 hour spawn, again he isn't a particually good must-have pet.

A couple pets aside from the basic ones mentioned i'd recommend are the antelopes if you want to be cheap, they're good in TW/pvp for their magic defense debuff (instead of buying the skill for another pet). I got the Alcephalid Death Knight (found near the wraith gate) at level 70, He's great! I use him for luring/pvp(and showing off >.>) and even grinding sometimes, he has high speed+accuracy+attack and two aggro skills.

I just hit level 84 and tamed an Infernal Eidolon (Firefairy) He has high stats in speed, accuracy and attack and depending on how he goes, he may even replace my sawfly (just to be different, and he looks awesome too :D).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So for 66 levels, no1 told you that a crystalline magmite (level 17) from volcanic purgatory, A sawfly (level 7) from around bamboo village near Plume, and a scorpion (level 1) around city of lost are the 3 best pets in game not including nix and herc? I feel bad for you. Leveling the lowest level pets is the best thing you can do, because they get more atk/defense/hp from level bonuses than they do from already being high level. So that florafang you have sucks compared to the level 1 scorpion if you level it to 66.

You forgot to add the treefrog (lvl 9) to that list.

Obviouly the OP is experimenting with pets, which is as enjoyable and legitimate a way to play the game as choosing the "top notch" pets 90% of venos keep in their pet bags.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I get tired of Rock Concerts when Venos are around. The Golems do well for tanking but their damage is not admirable. My Sharptooth Wolf I grabbed from Wolf Totem Valley out damages them at every turn. I have heard Cactopods can make for some awesomely annoying Kiters. Keep an open mind and level up your pets to see what they got. Also, I find that lower level pets worked up always beat out higher level ones for some reason. (Annoying too)
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The Golems do well for tanking but their damage is not admirable.

For me, pets are meant to compliment your own skill damage, not to do all the killing for you.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I am doing quite well without a herc or nix. My problem is that some of my pets are behind my lvl as I went through some speed lvling (started to grind for Exp only at lvl58 or so). The only difference I felt because I don't have a Herc was at TT 1-1. If a veno with Herc can solo it at lvl60, then I could do it only at lvl63 (I am LA) with new heal and TT weapon.

If you have time then tame lower lvl mobs and train them up to your lvl or buy already lvled up ones. Heard that many venos sell their golems/flying pets after getting herc/nix.
  • pwiplayer01
    pwiplayer01 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hmm just one question is Frog better or golem? i seen frag able to tank rattus lord and golem can't
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hmm just one question is Frog better or golem? i seen frag able to tank rattus lord and golem can't

only time that's going be true is if the frog is higher level than the golem that was used. the golem is a better physical tank hands down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • pwiplayer01
    pwiplayer01 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hmm ok... cuz i have a lvl 64 golem and he still can't tank him.. it's crystaillis
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hmm ok... cuz i have a lvl 64 golem and he still can't tank him.. it's crystaillis

I can't remember how long I've been able to tank khewy with a golem, but it's been some time now. I know I did him yesterday a couple times and at 73 he's pie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    just take a look a the page..

http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php

There are some pets all at the same level (90) with their stats.

But .. The lower level pets are best, even though you ll need to teach them / upgrade their skills.. whereas Higher pets will come with higher skills but less Hp / Dmg/ Rest

Basic Exemple, thoses are their stats at 90
    Golems = HP ATK Pdef Mdef Acc Evad
    Crystaline 2934 3240 8792 5861 1354 1003
    Volcanic 2931 3234 8782 5855 1352 1002
    Torgrim 2885 3145 8642 5741 1331 986
    Cragrock 2922 1956 7571 5408 1391 1020

Volcanic is the Level 18 golem at human FB19, comes with Tough, that the Crystaline doesnt have

Torgrim is level 35, Bash 2or3, Sandblow 2 but lower in all stats.
    Cragrock is the lv 85, just look at the atk ....

The golem from FB59 is lower in all stats than the Torgrim, but has the 3 skill at 5.

You can play without a golem or a Nix, and do fairly well, the problem is that you wont be able to solo / Tank some bosses in FB at the same level, and you wont be able to solo your FB 79 (doable at 75 with herc) ;)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Anaouijia - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options

yeah.. i was told that.. so dont feel bad. b:chuckle
    I just changed my pets because i wanted to..but still being that they are beyond what they were orginally (my snow hair was a 20) i think i will be fine.. thanks for your concern..
  • Anaouijia - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    well thanks for all the information because i apprecaite it.. I suppose i had a misunderstanding about the pets a little thinking the higher levels are best.. but I think i will just remain with what i have and like everyone said keep leveling them... :).. im only at 66 so all of my pets still have a whiles to go!!

:}
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I just hit level 84 and tamed an Infernal Eidolon (Firefairy) He has high stats in speed, accuracy and attack and depending on how he goes, he may even replace my sawfly (just to be different, and he looks awesome too :D).
    i doubt u will replace your sawfly with that, it's attack power it lower, attack rate is lower, maybe it has more HP and the most annoying is that he doesn't take NPC food such as water, but i agree with u that it looks awesome and has a great speed, 10.6 i think
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • hopeslight
    hopeslight Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

the frog has far higher mag defence than the Magmite, but the magmite swomps the frog for p deff. i have both at level 77, the only thing i love about the frog is it's size,, the dam magmite is so huge it gets in the bloody way, it is also alot slower, i use the kowlin for pulling when in fb/tt there not a bad all around pet. but they do go down fast when taking a hard pounding from more than 2 mobs. as for the other tank pets, in my honest op. magmite is the best tank that you can tame, the herc maybe better tank, but for ONLY one reason, it's buffs. other wise it is almost the same defence as the magmite, the level 17 one, the differance is so small. but with the defence buff it has makes it what it is, it also does about 2/5ths the damage of the magmite, and has POOR aggro skills, my friend lent me her account so i could try it out, i egg'd my magmite, and transfered it to her, hatched it, and played for over 3 hours of grinding on both pets, and the magmite holds aggro far better, does far more damage, in reality the only good thing for the herc is fb tanking, as long as it can hold aggro, and in my op it can't. not unless you trash one of the skills it comes with, and get flesh ream or bash, and max it out, even then with such low damage it does, i think if you get the same armor buff skill on the magmite, it would be a far better tank then the herc.
    May your days be long, and your hardships be few in life
  • Baritomaris - Sanctuary
    Baritomaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The Golems do well for tanking but their damage is not admirable. My Sharptooth Wolf I grabbed from Wolf Totem Valley out damages them at every turn.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information. Golems are great tanks and have great damage. The Crystalline Magmite is one of the highest DPS pets in the game. I think as far as land pets go, only the Baby Hercules and Varicose Scorpion outdamage them, and only by a small margin.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    please dont bump threads for no reason, his was over 2 months old, why were you even on this thread
  • Akiratojo - Heavens Tear
    Akiratojo - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Okay, so there are substitutes for Nix and Herc, but they are not nearly as powerful as their legendary counterparts..

Lets talk about the herc first: (at level 90, ty ecatomb xD)

HP: 4135
    ATK: 2672
    PDEF: 8952
    MDEF: 7161
    ATK-SPD: 0.8/sec

As you see, the herc has superb stats for a tank, now let us compare it to the second best tank - well the most popular one I can think of, the Crystal mag

HP: 2934
    ATK: 3240
    PDEF: 8792
    MDEF: 5861
    ATK-SPD: 0.6/sec

At first glance you see that the only stat that the crystal is better at is the attack, at almost 600 points higher - this is true, and you can prove it using math: Taking the attack speed into consideration you can do this:
    HercDamage(10 sec) = 0.8*10*2672 (no skills) = 21,376
    Crystal Damge is = 25,920, but damage for a tank is not the most important factor, it's the defense and HP. The HP difference is substantial at > 1k HP, but at first glance the defense stats (other than m.def) is pretty close about 200 points, but the mdef is > 1k, so its mdef is worse then that of the herc.
    That was a first glance. Now, where the herc shines; the herc comes preloaded with 3 buffs.

+150% PDEF
    +150% MDEF
    +75% DAMAGE REFLECT

After these buffs have been applied, the m/p def rises by a lot........
    This was just a comparison of the herc v.s. mag, as you can see, it won't beat a herc, but it still is a fantastic tank. I would suggest you teach it some pet skills.
    Side note: It is possible to get the herc skills for the crystal mag, they are in the tuesday dragon temple event - however quite hard to get but I have seen them go on HT for 3M before, so you never know.

Comparison 2:

Nix v.s. 2 pets
    Okay, so this one is a tad harder, since nix is the best PVP pet, and completely irreplaceable. However it is not just PVP, it is also great for grinding.

It's main advantages are its insane attack values attack speed and defense (I wont mention the flesh ream in fear of QQ occurring).

The only 2 pets I can think of that would be even remotely comparable to it are the Petite Sawfly and Varicose Scorpion. They have attack valuse that are only 1000(900ish) points less (give or take) than the nix, BUT have an attack rate of 0.6, so only git 1ce / 2seconds, but nonetheless hit hard.

Compare the stats
    Nix:
    Attack: 4096 @1/sec = 49,600(10 sec)

Sawfly:
    Attack: 3297@0.6.sec = 19,782(10 sec)

Scorpion:
    Attack: 3336@0.6/sec = 20,016(10 sec)

As you can see the nix is superior here as well, and also, these values don't include the buff that increases the nixies attack. But enough about boasting about the nix being godlike, here is what I would say about the alternatives.

If you PK in SP, or on land, then I suggest the scorpion, it has high attack and by all means not a bad pet, the only drawback is that it is slow and has a slow attack rate, but if you are outside, I would suggest the sawfly - I used this pet all the way to 61 before I transfered to harshlands and bought both a nix - it did wonders. And as with he herc, you can also get the nix skills for these pets although I would not reccomend it because of how slow they hit, you would not see a huge difference in damage, but the option is there if you ever want it.

Hope this helps ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
    Warning: This user has bad spelling
  • Baritomaris - Sanctuary
    Baritomaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    HercDamage(10 sec) = 0.8*10*2672 (no skills) = 21,376
    Crystal Damge is = 25,920

You made a tiny but easy-to-make math error.

Crystal Damage is = 0.6*10*3240 (no skills) = 19440

You had the Magmite's attack speed correct above. I'm assuming that you used the Herc's attack speed by accident.

So Herc damage is slightly higher, at least when you ignore skills.

Also, you have Nix attack as 4096 @1/sec = 49,600 for tne seconds. Should be 40,960 obviously, but your point remains valid.
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    please dont bump threads for no reason, his was over 2 months old, why were you even on this thread

Well... perhaps we should take this opportunity to correct a grievous omission of fact in this thread?

"Initial level 5" turtles are absolutely wonderful pets. And you could level reasonably fast in the water with a turtle, if fast leveling interested you.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I get tired of Rock Concerts when Venos are around. The Golems do well for tanking but their damage is not admirable. My Sharptooth Wolf I grabbed from Wolf Totem Valley out damages them at every turn. I have heard Cactopods can make for some awesomely annoying Kiters. Keep an open mind and level up your pets to see what they got. Also, I find that lower level pets worked up always beat out higher level ones for some reason. (Annoying too)

Well, I am sure your wolf does not outdamage a Golem.....
    In order of damage:
    1. Phoenix
    2. Sawfly
    3. Scorpion
    4. Herc
    5. Golem
    6. Antelup Pup

Golems have the 3rd highest damage of any land pet......
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You can survive without a Herc or phoenix. Those are just pets for lazy people (I believe). I have pets that balance myself out. For typical venos their vits are low so they need high health pets to bail them out of trouble. Since my build is totally different from others, I choose the one I thought could do good for me. The Wilderness Lynx has been with me since lv11. I went without a pet for lv1-24 (I believe. XD I didn't know how to get a pet. I never talked to the pet trainer.) Anyway, he is lv74 and does just fine. His mag def is the same as his phy def. If that's not balanced I don't know what is. His hp is around 2k-3k. Hes my best buddy in the world. Sometimes I don't even have to command him to attack mobs I need @_@ which is still freaky. It's like a digipet bond or something.

You just need to choose what pet best fits you. I myself hate being the same as others so you won't see me with the same pets as others (Uniqueness is dying rapidly in this game). So just go out there and test different pets. You'd be suprised on what you find. Anyway that's my view on it.
    Note: This is still a new game. Not everyone has explorered all the different pets out there.

^__^
    {=^.^=} - posted by Kittennice
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well... perhaps we should take this opportunity to correct a grievous omission of fact in this thread?

"Initial level 5" turtles are absolutely wonderful pets. And you could level reasonably fast in the water with a turtle, if fast leveling interested you.
    theres two stickied threads about pets, legendary pets and which pets are best, this is just a bumping of a useless thread.

@ Person comparing golem to herc, herc does more damage in a long distance battle starting to pull ahead after i think it was 10 or so minutes, someone did the math in a thread already, golem is only better in short fights lasting a few seconds. the 0.8 s attack compared to the 0.6 makes a huge difference and your math is misleading and not taking into account actual long DPS

Those are just pets for lazy people (I believe).

i take that as an insult. unless you have one, id suggest you try leveling one without the cube and getting it upto my level, and telling me how lazy that is. theyre powerful pets that some of us work hard to earn, do we not deserve to bask a little in the fruits of our efforts? so what if i can kill a mob a little faster or tank a boss, i still level like the normal venomancer, theres no lethargy there either.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

The thread hasn't actually hit the two month mark, and won't for a few more days. Also, it is perfectly acceptable to post in an older thread when the intent isn't simply to bump it without adding anything of value.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i take that as an insult. unless you have one, id suggest you try leveling one without the cube and getting it upto my level, and telling me how lazy that is. theyre powerful pets that some of us work hard to earn, do we not deserve to bask a little in the fruits of our efforts? so what if i can kill a mob a little faster or tank a boss, i still level like the normal venomancer, theres no lethargy there either.

It's not the point of the lving or killing things faster. It's just my opinion (I can be wrong or I can be right). I too kill things faster with a normal pet. It can probably be at the same time as a Herc. I was just stating that I believe that people are lazy (let me rephrase... most venos) because they hide behind their pet and let it take all the damage. I understand that Hercs have a lot of hp which can deal all the damage for the veno. To me laziness is letting someone take the damage for you but that could be for our different builds and views. There is no wrong or right in our minds and I am sorry if I offended you. It is just that I feel that Hercs/Phoenixs are taking the uniqueness out of things and making things boring. I made a regular veno besides my Heavy and to me it was quite dull. I used a pet and hardly had to heal or do anything. I just watched as it killed things. That's why I say this. I needed something with action and risk. That's why I'm against the whole "You must have this pet" ritual.

Furthermore... what is "the cube"? <---- Lol, my dumb moment. You gotta love it >.<
    ^__^
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I was just stating that I believe that people are lazy (let me rephrase... most venos) because they hide behind their pet and let it take all the damage.

Traditionally, that's how venos were meant to be played. Barbs and BMs can tank mobs. The "squishy" classes don't have that capability. Wizzies and Archers have knockback, stun, freeze, and sleep skills to keep mobs away from them/incapacited. Clerics can stack heals. Venos do not have either of those options. I know there are HA, LA, Axe venos, Fox venos, and all sorts, but for a traditional mage Veno, their best defensive tool is their pets. Why shouldn't we shouldn't use that to our greastest advantage. That's like saying Clerics shouldn't heal or Archers shouldn't use knockbacks.
    To me laziness is letting someone take the damage for you

So Venos should just not use pets and tank the mobs? Does that apply to other classes? Are Archers and Wizards lazy since they use knockback, stun, and freeze skills? Ask any 60+ Archer and they will tell you that they are able to grind efficiently for hours without taking any major damage, but there's nowhere near the level of hate for Archers that there is for Venos.
    I made a regular veno besides my Heavy and to me it was quite dull. I used a pet and hardly had to heal or do anything. I just watched as it killed things.

You went in expecting it to be boring so you made it boring. YOU didn't do anything. Sure I could sic my pet on mobs, throw a heal every once in a while, and watch as it kills them, but that's like watching paint dry. Plus, it's a slow **** way to level. I have my own magic spells, debuffs, and curses to throw on mobs. I enjoy playin my veno. Maaybe the problem isn't the class. Maybe it's that you're not suited for it.
    That's why I say this. I needed something with action and risk.

Then why not roll a Wizard and get an all-class pet since according to you that's how venos should be played.
    Furthermore... what is "the cube"?

You're level 77 and you don't know what the cube of fate is? And you're saying the rest of us should explore the game more?
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:chuckleI know what the Cube of Fate is. I just didn't get how you lv up pets that way (I admit I never tried). As for archers and wizards and clerics, fight for themselves (We're not going there). That is the reason they don't like us (Again not going there). And I said Hercs and Phoenixs because of their hp and high def not other pets for laziness. Though I should have been more clear XD . So if you DO do spells and not watch your pet (Herc/Phoenix) do the work then you're NOT lazy. I would explain to you that I didn't know how the heavy build was going to go (you can make more than 1 character at a time). I was explaining how I didn't want a Herc/Phoenix because it would seem like less work for me. My attittude = Do everything for yourself. So eh, I thought it was more exciting to be a Heavy Veno (Unique). I was thinking of a BM but nah, I wanted something totally new and risktaking. I already knew I would get flamed so it doesn't really matter to me what you all think. Look at how far I came with people saying I suck and all that jazz? Did you think I cared? Again I say this is my belief. XD You guys are making too big a deal of what I believe. Neither of us will back down from our views so it is best to leave it be. I'm not going to fight with you. That will get me no where. It is a game so don't be all angry about what I say. Just brush it off and go with the rest of your day. I was just giving my advice from MY POINT OF VIEW. Lol, seriously don't get worked up about it.

Have a good day and have fun b:victory,

^__^
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • solarraa
    solarraa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    How do u delete post, didnt know rei had posted site already.