How to fix the problem of Oracle Event?

NeoT - Heavens Tear
NeoT - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Ok,

1- Here are some ideas for the Devs/GMs first:

- Make the "oracle" not instant xp but need to report somewhere else.
(At least if a guild decide to KS a spot you will know that the leader doesn't give a dam about it and maybe support it and you can ban the guild leader for that (HARRASSMENT towards other players))
- Don't accept insults from your customers (do you insult the manager of the shop you go buy your food? I would like to see his reaction... please try it)

2- Here are some ideas for the good gamers who are want to have fun in PWI:

Let's all get together against the annoyers.
If we all unite they can't do nothing (except QQ (as they do so well lol)).

I am not a dev, I am a gamer, so I say let's all UNITE people and do a petition against the HARRASSMENT.

Seriously, let's give back PWI the reputation of a game where you can enjoy a good evening after work. Happy gamer = Happy Customer lol

(I play on Heaven's Tear I don't know about the other servers)
Post edited by NeoT - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So I finally decided to use my Oracles today. I went to where Spider King was at and saw a couple of people waiting in line. I didn't care for the line and went straight for the mob. I was harassed because of it. Some pretty funny/nasty things were said to me but I didn't really care. I killed what I needed and went on my merry way. Why must anyone stand in line? Who made up the rule that you must wait in line to kill a mob anyway? I certainly don't remember any rule in PWI that states that you must wait in a line and wait your turn to kill what you need.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Line is something users decide to make, it's not a rule.
    If you KS the mob on a pvp server you'll get pk'd, cant do anything about it in the pve servers tho.
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • DarKCuLeXx - Lost City
    DarKCuLeXx - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i like this event very much b:dirty
    the prices of gold gone very high thats the best thing ever happened xD
    i sold 100 gold yesterday for like 16mil coins or more b:chuckle
    Keep up the good work GMs b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hate Cookies b:surrender
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So I finally decided to use my Oracles today. I went to where Spider King was at and saw a couple of people waiting in line. I didn't care for the line and went straight for the mob. I was harassed because of it. Some pretty funny/nasty things were said to me but I didn't really care. I killed what I needed and went on my merry way. Why must anyone stand in line? Who made up the rule that you must wait in line to kill a mob anyway? I certainly don't remember any rule in PWI that states that you must wait in a line and wait your turn to kill what you need.
    It's about fairness. A line insures that everyone has to wait about the same amount of time.*

Of course you're not required to stand in the line. You can cut in front like you did. But if you do things like that often, don't complain about others being "unfair" to you when you find yourself being banned from factions, FBs, TTs, bosses, zhen parties, etc. because someone remembered you cutting in line.

*In this particular case it's a zero-sum game so having a line is not more efficient than no line, just fairer to everyone. But there are certain situations where a cooperative strategy is actually superior to a free-for-all strategy. In those cases, people who violate the public good get punished. So if you're having trouble seeing the problem with line-jumping, then I suggest you make damn sure you learn to recognize situations like the Tragedy of the Commons so you don't end up in jail in RL in the future.
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It is about fairness and the spirit of the game.

I was having fun joking and chatting with people in line on HT for the spider, we'd worked out a good way for everyone to get fair turns and there were low and high levels alike in the queue. Then Enrage came along, PKed everyone whitenamed in the line (Yeah PKing a lvl 30+ with a Herc REAL achievement) REAPEATEDLY even after the people begged to be left alone. We got nothing but malicious laughter and an 80+ wiz KSing us all.

Everyone who's KSing like this is ruining the good name of PWI, and I know they have their problems, but on the whole this is a very civil game, and this event has brought out the true bad apples.
    I'd like to see a GM stood at each of the oracle spots with the ban hammer ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • NeoT - Heavens Tear
    NeoT - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I see that some ppl don't get it and keep being rude to others...

It is not a question of "I am high level and nothing else to do, you low level you have plenty of quests so move, I don't care"... It is an event. It means that it doesn't depend on your level, you want to be part of the event when the event is going... not being put on the side because some jerk think that they can ks and being RUDE to others.

Guys who are ksing and don't repect others are the same in Real Life... Jerks...
    It's funny how a guy told me that usually higher levels are always "not nice" even if they are invited to a FB (and don't say that you are helping, you are just doing that to get xp and rep, most don't care about the quests of the tabbers)

I want to see you being bully when I am in the line in Real Life... give it a try, just once...

Again you don't get it, you KSers on the events...

To the others, the good gamers, still have fun and as I said: let's UNITE against the bad ones, GMs will hear our voice (90% of the players against 10% will be heard)
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    uh not sure if you realize it or not.. but completing the oracle quests is not part of this event.. the oracle books are a reward from the event.. and can be completed at ANY time..

also making generalizations about people in real life by one action in a video game is a show of pure ignorance
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009

also making generalizations about people in real life by one action in a video game is a show of pure ignorance

On the contrary, it might look coward to do it in the video game since lacking of balls to do it in real life?
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    i honestly have no clue what thats supposed to mean granrey..

something about being cowardly in a game and in real life..

but my point was you shouldn't make assumptions about a persons real life by an action in a video game.. which is what neot did by saying everyone who ks's an oracle boss is a jerk in real life
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    What I mean is why to be a Jerk on the game but no in real life?

There is a reason for it. Those toons running around are real people, same as in real life.

The difference is that those toons cannot come out of the screen and kick butt.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I know that there are real people behind the characters.. but that still does not mean the character acts in the same manner as the person in day to day affairs..

If someone cuts in this line at the oracle boss does that mean that they are going to cut in line at a supermarket? no it does not

Now I am not saying that every jerk in game is an upstanding citizen and overall great guy.. no there are plenty of jerks in real life.. what I am saying.. is that making assumptions like that is wrong..

This is a game.. not real life..
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    but my point was you shouldn't make assumptions about a persons real life by an action in a video game.. which is what neot did by saying everyone who ks's an oracle boss is a jerk in real life
    Oh yes you can, and you should. The acts on Internet really show how people are because there is no consequences to their act. People show who they really are.

Honestly, I seriously hope that any person abusing his high level / power in a video game doesn't get any kind of power in real life because he will most likely abuse it if he thinks he can get away with.

Jerk in video game, jerk in real life. Period.

EDIT: I haven't read yet all the posts since this quote.

EDIT2: Now I have
    If someone cuts in this line at the oracle boss does that mean that they are going to cut in line at a supermarket? no it does not
    Yes they will if they think there will be no consequences. That's the problem. By being online, in a video game, you remove all the possible consequences.

Someone cheating in a video game is not being jerk and immoral ? "Hey, its just a game".... bull ****.

- Amy
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Oh yes you can, and you should. The acts on Internet really show how people are because there is no consequences to their act. People show who they really are.

Honestly, I seriously hope that any person abusing his high level / power in a video game doesn't get any kind of power in real life because he will most likely abuse it if he thinks he can get away with.

Jerk in video game, jerk in real life. Period.

EDIT: I haven't read yet all the posts since this quote.

EDIT2: Now I have

Yes they will if they think there will be no consequences. That's the problem. By being online, in a video game, you remove all the possible consequences.

Someone cheating in a video game is not being jerk and immoral ? "Hey, its just a game".... bull ****.

- Amy

Thx for explaining this. However, people should understand without so much explanation. Unless they just want to justify the unjustifiable.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What I mean is why to be a Jerk on the game but no in real life?

There is a reason for it. Those toons running around are real people, same as in real life.

The difference is that those toons cannot come out of the screen and kick butt.

What? That makes no sense. Those toons are just characters, pixels on your screen. Yes, they are played by real people (hopefully), but how they act doesn't necessarily reflect who they are, or how they conduct themselves in real life.

Think about that the next time someone PKs your character or someone else's character in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    What? That makes no sense. Those toons are just characters, pixels on your screen. Yes, they are played by real people (hopefully), but how they act doesn't necessarily reflect who they are, or how they conduct themselves in real life.

Think about that the next time someone PKs your character or someone else's character in the game.

Honestly, it's being explain by me and another poster really well. However, if you do not agree that's fine.

I totally respect and defend your right to disagree with me.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'd hate to think what you people who play GTA do in real life...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I guess, I have to explain more but in these world there are many: jerks, thieves, offenders, ect. Who have never done any offense simply because there are consecuenses if they do (you can't blame them for being smart).

Some of those jerks are in this game.
  • blindeyesniper
    edited March 2009
    I guess, I have to explain more but in these world there are many: jerks, thieves, offenders, ect. Who have never done any offense simply because there are consecuenses if they do (you can't blame them for being smart).

Some of those jerks are in this game.

Nice stereotype. My friend is a Social Worker that helps blind and visually impaired people yet he KSed in a game. I guess that makes him a jerk in real life too.
    edited March 2009
    Honestly, it's being explain by me and another poster really well. However, if you do not agree that's fine.

I totally respect and defend your right to disagree with me.

Well, if you want to believe that the person who's been really nice to you in game really is a nice person in real life, go ahead. If you want to believe that the person who's being a prick in a game really is a prick in real life, go ahead.

But, in reality, just because someone is acting like a jerk in a game doesn't mean they are one in real life just like if they are really nice in game doesn't mean they are really nice in real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Nice stereotype. My friend is a Social Worker that helps blind and visually impaired people yet he KSed in a game. I guess that makes him a jerk in real life too.

You can't blame your friend for being smart. Knowing where to be a jerk is important for jerks.

Look, I'm originally from a third world country. I have seen many guys doing things in my country that they would never do in theirs. So, not being jerks in their countries but being jerks somewhere else simply for lack of concecuenses save them from being considered jerks? I don't think so but they do.

Same in PWI.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Good'ol close minded people always say people act in RL the way they act in games.

I PK in games a lot, do I want to commit murder (like zoe claims) or hurt others in RL? no
    Does any half-decent person I ever met do any **** in RL like they do in games? no

No point in arguing with conservatives anyway.
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • blindeyesniper
    edited March 2009
    You can't blame your friend for being smart. Knowing where to be a jerk is important for jerks.

Look, I'm originally from a third world country. I have seen many guys doing things in my country that they would never do in theirs. So, not being jerks in their countries but being jerks somewhere else simply for lack of concecuenses save them from being considered jerks? I don't think so but they do.

Same in PWI.

What about those who are generally nice in game (helps people with quests, answer questions from new players etc..) but KSed. Are they half nice and half bad or something?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    What about those who are generally nice in game (helps people with quests, answer questions from new players etc..) but KSed. Are they half nice and half bad or something?

So you mean, they nice in game but jerks in real life. They are jerks with balls or simply agree on the consecuenses.

There are other who want to repay in game their actions in RL(Ahh, let's be nice for a change).
  • vagnard
    vagnard Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    They are just acting tough in this game because it's all they can do tbh. Maybe they got rolled in another game or couldn't stand losing in something like Call of Duty. Maybe it's the only achievement they have so far, or maybe they just find it fun to cause grief.

I'm sure there are more explanations to people's behavior, and as stated before somewhere, I'm using info from this game to write my research paper. Sorry if I use you as an example, I'll try to cut the names out before I submit it. b:victory
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In answer to the original question...maybe the Devs/GM's should put a little bit of thought into their events next time b:bye
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • blindeyesniper
    edited March 2009
    So you mean, they nice in game but jerks in real life. They are jerks with balls or simply agree on the consecuenses.

There are other who want to repay in game their actions in RL(Ahh, let's be nice for a change).

Read what I wrote again.
  • Ownt - Lost City
    Ownt - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    imo, ksing a few times doesn't really make someone a jerk, people do that once in a while (sometimes on accident). However, doing it again and again, to hurt someone else for your benefit really shows your character, regardless online or not.

Same with pk and continuous/abusive pk. It's kinda like hunting for the sport compared to killing an animal just to see it suffer/die.

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean they would do these things in real life, as pointed out, there are consequences in real life. But it still shows the character of the person. Sometimes people are jerks in-game because they cannot be jerks in real life. This doesn't really say much, because they can be the world's greatest humanitarian and be a jerk online, but its something you should take into consideration when you're around these kind of people.
    edited March 2009
    imo, ksing a few times doesn't really make someone a jerk, people do that once in a while (sometimes on accident). However, doing it again and again, to hurt someone else for your benefit really shows your character, regardless online or not.

Same with pk and continuous/abusive pk. It's kinda like hunting for the sport compared to killing an animal just to see it suffer/die.

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean they would do these things in real life, as pointed out, there are consequences in real life. But it still shows the character of the person. Sometimes people are jerks in-game because they cannot be jerks in real life. This doesn't really say much, because they can be the world's greatest humanitarian and be a jerk online, but its something you should take into consideration when you're around these kind of people.

How do you define "continous PK"?

How do you define "abusive PK"?

Are they really the same as killing an animal to watch it die? Isn't that a bit harsh/judgmental?

Why even make the statement "there are consequences in real life"? Does that somehow imply that they don't do something in real life that they do in a video game simply because "there are consequences"? Are you insinuating that if those consequences didn't exist in real life that they would, in fact, do in real life what they do in a video game?

Seriously?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    How do you define "continous PK"?

How do you define "abusive PK"?

Are they really the same as killing an animal to watch it die? Isn't that a bit harsh/judgmental?

Why even make the statement "there are consequences in real life"? Does that somehow imply that they don't do something in real life that they do in a video game simply because "there are consequences"? Are you insinuating that if those consequences didn't exist in real life that they would, in fact, do in real life what they do in a video game?

Seriously?

Yes. It has been studied that for some, when the risk of consequences for their actions are removed (such as in a game, or in a more lawless third world country) the individuals behavior begins to reveal their REAL morals. Not the imposed morals needed for living 'free' within society. Some of this is based on the environmental needs around them.. if your in a country where lawlessness and might makes right rules, and there is little or no consideration for human life.. the ones that rise in power are generally the ones who have no care for moral considerations, and would kill you for your shirt if they wanted it.

However within more structured society this animalistic nature is tempered by the needs of the individual to maintain their freedoms (I.E. stay out of prison or jail or a mental institution). In this situation, the individual subverts their less moral nature and imposes a facade to allow them to fit within their surroundings. Some are more successful at this than others but the core being, when allowed total freedom from societies moral constraints, such as in a game, gets revealed.

I have a friend that is an Ordained Baptist Minister that I got hooked on FPS's. I asked him once why he liked them so much. His statement to me: 'Because when I play I can be as good or evil as I want, and not go to jail for it'

HIS words. Not mine. When I questioned him a bit about it he basically stated that in FPS's he gets to let his dark side out and doesn't have to control it as he would if he were in 'the real world'.

So in the 'Real' world, he is an upstanding member of his local community. Does a lot of work to help others, but in the FPS he plays, he is well and truly hated because he 'kills' anything that moves. His core being, or an aspect/part of his core being, comes out in the game he plays. Something he would not do in 'real life' because of the consequences that it would bring down on his head.

~Saitada
    edited March 2009
    Except they made the implication that anyone and everyone who would do so in a video game would do so in real life would there be no consequences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]