Factions: the cult of the Leader (the art of *** kissing)

ExELFine - Heavens Tear
ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I've had it up to here with faction leaders who think we must kow-tow to their every whim in order to stay in their faction.

I have just been banned by one such leader. He doesn't not accept the fact that I'm building my char to be a FAC: to him, all FACs, Archers and non-tanking chars are worthless. I am now 62, and since the beginning I made it clear to him I was not a healer but that I could support a main healer.

Tonight, we had to fight Slitt, he asked for a main healer who didn't make it in time and he attacked anyway, so I healed him the best I could and the most HP he lost was 2 percent.

Afterwards, I had a really emotionally draining session with him -- along with other members who chimed in -- 'cause he had been afraid to lose his HP charm, and that I should have been healing him non-stop, regardless of what build I was.

Then he banned me from the faction, although he never acknowledged the 2 main errors he made.

So my thought is, when joining a faction, how is a player to know if they're joining a group that is bent on kissing the leader's butt or is one joining for the purpose of helping others while gaining experience, and that everyone can enjoy the game without fearing the dictator at the top?

b:surrender
[SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Crafting:
Tailor: lev 7
Blacksmith: lev 6
Craftsman: lev 6
Apothicary: lev 5
SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
Post edited by ExELFine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If he thinks nukers and archers are worthless, I'd love to see his repair bills after some TT runs XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear
    Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Dont put up with his **** and join mine :p b:victory . My faction's director is a FAC and she's much better than any other cleric I've seen. I think it really depends on how good you are at controlling your character/skills. Your leader is pretty worthless if he's afraid of losing just one charm (which is 300-400k at max)

A good faction leader is one that puts his faction members first rather than himself/herself.
  • FinalEcstasy - Heavens Tear
    FinalEcstasy - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    'cause he had been afraid to lose his HP charm, and that I should have been healing him non-stop, regardless of what build I was.

why he bother to buy a HP charm?i have yet to encounter a tank that complain a tick off of his charm,but seriously.....if he said that he afraid to lose a tick,tell him that you also afraid that your mp charm would tick and need to sit and heal till it recover,sounds fair to me......? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥=Signature by Semyezza=♥
  • Timmascus - Sanctuary
    Timmascus - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just be glad he banned you and find a better faction. (better does not nessisarily mean higher level players)
    Unfortunatly you can't know in advance what kind of faction you are getting into. You have to find that out along the way.
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    PVE Servers and their Carebear players -_-, jk don't get upset about it. Idiots are everywhere :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Youll find a open minded Leader eventually! Dont give up! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You are lvl60+ and you shouldn't have problems with finding a fraction. Don't like it, then just leave and find a better one.
    You can't actually know how a new guild will turn out as "rumors" are different and experiences are different too. Ask some questions about the guild, inform that you are FAC, then make decision basing on answers and reaction on your build. Also you can try to ask if you can join for trial period - few days or a week.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The largest problem with your issue is that the majority of players know nothing about the people they are joining when they enter a faction. In reverse, the same can be said of most leaders, who know nothing of half the members they allow into their factions. This is, of course, not true of ALL factions and faction leaders. This problem arises mostly because of TW, due to the fact that so many players of a certain level are needed to even stand a chance while competing and because so many of them are already taken by long standing, stronger factions. The way you have described this leader makes me wonder why anyone would bother to kiss up to him/her in the first place, but if that is the case, like the others have said, be glad he/she banned you and move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I know what it's like to feel undervalued in a guild, one that I was in, the leader thought everyone who wouldn't go to TW was worthless. Even though I didn't go (couldn't with the time differences and I had to actually get up for work in the mornings) I made donations to the fact because I knew I'd benefit if they did win TW. Having said that, he also thought 20 60+ players could attack the big guilds and win....

Join Balrogz, we're fun, laid back and don't give grief to anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Zeffani - Heavens Tear
    Zeffani - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've had it up to here with faction leaders who think we must kow-tow to their every whim in order to stay in their faction.

I have just been banned by one such leader. He doesn't not accept the fact that I'm building my char to be a FAC: to him, all FACs, Archers and non-tanking chars are worthless. I am now 62, and since the beginning I made it clear to him I was not a healer but that I could support a main healer.

Tonight, we had to fight Slitt, he asked for a main healer who didn't make it in time and he attacked anyway, so I healed him the best I could and the most HP he lost was 2 percent.

Afterwards, I had a really emotionally draining session with him -- along with other members who chimed in -- 'cause he had been afraid to lose his HP charm, and that I should have been healing him non-stop, regardless of what build I was.

Then he banned me from the faction, although he never acknowledged the 2 main errors he made.

So my thought is, when joining a faction, how is a player to know if they're joining a group that is bent on kissing the leader's butt or is one joining for the purpose of helping others while gaining experience, and that everyone can enjoy the game without fearing the dictator at the top?

b:surrender

Come join QuestSeek. Our higher levels including our leader are known for HELPING lower level succeed.
  • Lylin - Sanctuary
    Lylin - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Join Balrogz, we're fun, laid back and don't give grief to anyone.
    Come join QuestSeek. Our higher levels including our leader are known for HELPING lower level succeed.
    The largest problem with your issue is that the majority of players know nothing about the people they are joining when they enter a faction. In reverse, the same can be said of most leaders, who know nothing of half the members they allow into their factions.

lawl. P.E.R.H. I made up an acronym. Good job providing examples b:victory XXXD
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In my experience as a cleric I expect to spend in the range of 5k per min of healing (without charm). So a battle that lasts for 5-10 minutes gets rather expensive for a cleric. In fact I seriously doubt that a barbs repair bill matches a clerics pot/charm bill. This is unappreciated by others. We do not profit from difficult FB/TT runs. In fact we are generally very poor. At least mine is.

However, clerics are generally appreciated. We serve a vital role, especially to barbs. I have run across only a few players that lacked an appreciation for a good cleric. In those few exceptions I simply quit party. They learn their lesson rather quickly that way.

Find a good guild, one that does not measure your worth by your most recent performance. Find one that will treat you as a friend first not a commodity. Find one that likes their leader, doesn't kiss azz. And don't feel guilty when you gotta move on. Its just the way you find a good one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rustie - Heavens Tear
    Rustie - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    And you will most likely have to go through many factions <leaders> to find a good one.
    Oh and get used being unapprecated! it seems to go with the class
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That leader is a fool and he doesn't even realize that it.

Who would want to belong in a faction with a leader making such irrational decisions?

It is his loss, not yours.

His selfish emoitional act cost his faction members a cleric.

Dedicated Level 60 clerics, regardless of their build, don't come every day.

Brush off your collar and move on. Other faction leaders will be falling at your feet to join their faction.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    FAC's rawk! If you're told otherwise - then they obviously haven't seen one played right.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    My BM character sucks as PVP or Squad, since I did a controversial built to mach my playing style while soloing on PVE.

I get invited by my guild to FB's (I even did a TT run with them last sunday, great since I'm not level 60 yet and I had not been in TT before) and I tell them clearly: "I'm dead weight" and I don't want you to have problems because of me.

However, they always invite me and said no problem since they can take care.

I guess as BM you are allowed to play with your build more. But Barbs and Clerics have very important role to play in the game. So, your character should meet your role in the game.

Saying that, you can do whatever you want with your character and you will always find a guild willing to have you.
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thanks all for your kind words and views, I've taken good note of most of your comments and they are appreciated.

The thing is, in order to understand PW's game mechanics, it is a good idea to play a few other characters than our main one, which is what I am doing. I also play a (low-level) Barb and a baby BM, and with either char, I find PW highly enjoyable, but mostly, it helps me understand other players when I team up with them in squads or when they're having issues, which is not the case for everyone. My now ex-leader, for instance, never played anything else than his actual char.

I think every person who wants to be a guild leader should experiment other chars, they might become more flexible in their decisions regarding their members. Also, a leader who thinks he is greater than the game, or greater than his guild is a loser and does not deserve anyone to join his faction, especially when he is convinced that we are all there to save his sorry butt.

As to joining another faction, I'm a little hesitant at the moment. I very rarely join squads/teams, soloing most of my quests/grinds and only ask for help when I have to fight big bosses. I've done my first TT, got my TT-60 weapon already and have many friends in game. It took me a while to join the guild I belonged to, had left a few levels ago, and after their charm campain, rejoined again.

When I left the first time it was because of a different issue: one of our clerics was charging game-$$$ to the guild members for reviving them and I was highly opposed to the idea. The leader sided with her, and I left. I should have stayed away.

My ultimate goal in the game, as a (full attack) cleric is to eventually participate in TW and help my team win territories and grow on its members' dedication to the game. I'm still learning how to tweak my skills, stats and equip in order to reach my goal, I love working in team but I don't believe anyone should be a slave to any ego-maniacal leader.

After all, most of us contribute money, efforts, time and energy to the game, so we deserve to enjoy it as much as anyone else.

After all, playing PW is about enjoying the game, not serve as doormats to big bullies who can't make it on their own.

Have a good day all

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    as everyone has said there are much better guilds out there, when your ready i am sure they will love to have you. with a FAC, most people dont understand what that means really, as a support cleric i dont mind FAC in squad long as i know that is what they are, its when they fail to tell me that i get a little put out b:angry because you expect something diffrent from them
    The thing is, in order to understand PW's game mechanics, it is a good idea to play a few other characters than our main one, which is what I am doing. I also play a (low-level) Barb and a baby BM, and with either char, I find PW highly enjoyable, but mostly, it helps me understand other players when I team up with them in squads or when they're having issues, which is not the case for everyone. My now ex-leader, for instance, never played anything else than his actual char.

just wanted to quote this and say its 100% true, at least for me. i have played all classes now up to lvl 40+ except my bm, this has helped me so much to understand how each class works and i think has made me a better cleric for it. if more people were to do this then there would be more understanding between the classes.
    My bf plays a veno.. his herc would go off and attack without him telling it to and get him killed, i didnt understand this until i leveled my veno and my hercs done the same thing to me b:surrender on the other hand he didnt know how costly being a cleric really was until he built a cleric, he is not used to ticking a charm every few seconds.
    My repair bills are awful as a barb, I am frail and die easily as my mage if i am not careful, my archer isnt bad but i hate how much pots / charm i go through and the lower damage when it runs up to me. makes me enjoy my cleric even more knowing what else is out there b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thanduril
    thanduril Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Your leader is pretty worthless if he's afraid of losing just one charm (which is 300-400k at max)

ROFL at this epic post.
    that comming from one of HT worst reseller scum takes the whole limelight away from the OP's crappy guild leader.
    how you been, reselling much lately Ju$tice?
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Try again, QuestSeek booted my alt because they were too busy trying to get the tablet Exp from a faction members FB19 tabs and didnt want to wait on that members quest mobs and were willing to **** the lower level's FB quest just to rush towards the Exp reward. I tried standing up for that lower level and they booted my alt for causing "drama" (ie not letting them be selfish). QuestSeek is not a lower level freindly guild, they just pretend to be.
  • Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear
    Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    thanduril wrote: »
    ROFL at this epic post.
    that comming from one of HT worst reseller scum takes the whole limelight away from the OP's crappy guild leader.
    how you been, reselling much lately Ju$tice?

Hey thanks for asking ^^. Thanks to this event I made a net profit of 15m b:chuckle

This really made me chuckle a bit. I don't enjoy arguing nor is this an attempt to bash you in any way. But you obviously have never taken a course in business or economics have you?

1. First I'll like to clarify: During this event, I haven't bought and sell any of my stuff back out. Prior to the event, I had 15.8m. No I don't charge gold/zen. I spent 13.9 million buying angels and then going to my friend Jolly Jones to exchange them for packs. I simply charge prices higher, but is that illegal? Was that buying/selling? No.

2. What do you have against the buy/sell concept? Buy/sell has been the basis of any economy and it is perhaps the easiest way to make money in real life and in a game. It isn't unethical and it isn't illegal either. It is the first step in making money. Don't tell me you haven't done it. You've never bought something at a lower price and then sell it back out when you decide you do not want it anymore at a higher price? lawl.

You're a fake white knight because you did not have the coins to take advantage of this event, you try to attack players who made a handsome fortune off of it. heee heee.

3. Unethical? No. Illegal? Of course not. If this was illegal, 99% of Perfect World's population would be banned. Same goes for ethics, 99% of PW's population are immoral then. What I'm saying is, 99% of PW players are smart and they know how to take advantage of this opportunity to make more money.

Perhaps you're confusing yourself. Unethical, hm Let's use Perfect World as an example. During the gold glitch/bug in auctioneer, those who took advantage of that opportunity were unethical. During this event, there were several people who set up cat shops "Beau Shards" and instead sold Blemished Shards at 70k+. Now THAT is unethical, I have snapshots to prove it, and I also reported this to the GMs.

20090317043616.png

BTW, this isn't the place to discuss this. I only replied back to you because I think it is unfair that you do not know the facts and simply implied that I was a scumbag for being aggressively buying and then selling.

If you have any problems, please contact me in game.
    Your post is full of fail and attention grabbing. Were you one of those level 40s who were QQ-ing on WC when Enrage pwned ya'll? My other guess is that you're 14. :p

Hey Snoop, whatcha think of this guy ?

Yeah I know man. I agree.

P.S. OP --- Good luck in your future endeavors and finding the right faction. It's good to see HT has people like you.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol offtopic ftw?

@OP why the heck did u even bother discussing it? Suonds like you should have left the faction by yourself and just looked for a better one.

Its like the fights on these forums, even tho ppl are obviousley wrong they would never admit to it.