Molds and such.

Tastydog - Sanctuary
Tastydog - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi guys!
Im new to this game (only have 2 lvl 20's, none of which has attempted fb19 (I want to do them with people I trust and can have fun with)) and im starting to look for better equipment for my chars.

Ive looked everywhere for the radiant fist mold but it doesnt seem to drop from something and I didnt see it in-game in the dragon herald's list.

Im a lvl 20 blademaster - fist, and I would like to be able to use this weapon, or maybe a higher lvl version but I cant seem to find any molds or information about them.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12997

Just want these things cleared up:
- Molds, how to get those who doesnt seem to drop from any monsters (eg. radiant fist) or cannot be found in dragon herald's list?
- Is it hard to get a hold of them at my lvl?
- Do I need them at my lvl or will normal gear be fine?
- Will I be able to get a fist weapon or claw weapon from fb19 - human? I would prefer to have fist weapons only.

Thanks for everything from an addicted newbie.
Post edited by Tastydog - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hi guys!
    Im new to this game (only have 2 lvl 20's, none of which has attempted fb19 (I want to do them with people I trust and can have fun with)) and im starting to look for better equipment for my chars.

Ive looked everywhere for the radiant fist mold but it doesnt seem to drop from something and I didnt see it in-game in the dragon herald's list.

Im a lvl 20 blademaster - fist, and I would like to be able to use this weapon, or maybe a higher lvl version but I cant seem to find any molds or information about them.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12997

Just want these things cleared up:
    - Molds, how to get those who doesnt seem to drop from any monsters (eg. radiant fist) or cannot be found in dragon herald's list?
    - Is it hard to get a hold of them at my lvl?
    - Do I need them at my lvl or will normal gear be fine?
    - Will I be able to get a fist weapon or claw weapon from fb19 - human? I would prefer to have fist weapons only.

Thanks for everything from an addicted newbie.

Let me help you with your questions :)

- You get molds by beating FB bosses at the end. Any FB boss is a potential mold drop, even without tablets.
    - As hard as on every level. If your FB raiding party agrees that the mold goes to anyone that picks it up or some other method and you get it, it's yours. Mold hunting is rarely to never done alone. Why? Because bosses are badass.
    - Every mold has it's level. Take Wheel of Fate for example. It's level 42 mold for cleric/wizard weapon. So at level 42, you can wear that weapon, but forge it even before level 42.
    - You might be able to. Molds are everywhere, even in FB19. Later FB's give even more mold chance tho.

How to get molds in general:

Ingame:

1. Dragon Quest Herald - he's right next to Dragon Director, few steps from where you've started PWI from. You trade copper, silver and gold dragon orders for molds.
    2. Forge at "Thousand Streams" - trade materials for molds
    3. FB bosses - kill them.

Buy from:

1. Auctions - people sell their molds there so bid away.
    2. Guild - often will people sell their molds through guild, so if you're in a good guild... you might be able to encounter the mold you want faster.
    3. World Chat - keep your eyes peeled on it, people often sell over world chat as well, whisper them.
    4. Player shops - why not? If someone sells and it's cheaper...
    5. Trade Chat - rarely, but you should still look now and then.

Hope this helps :)
  • Tastydog - Sanctuary
    Tastydog - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So even if there isn't a droprate listed for some molds they do drop?
    Ive heard that drop-rates for molds in general is like 5%?
    So basiclly out of 100 fb's ill get 5 molds?
    And from that there is like 50 different molds or something ? :P so the chance i get my mold is like tiny! :(

The other stuff was cleared up though :D.
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So even if there isn't a droprate listed for some molds they do drop?
    Ive heard that drop-rates for molds in general is like 5%?
    So basiclly out of 100 fb's ill get 5 molds?
    And from that there is like 50 different molds or something ? :P so the chance i get my mold is like tiny! :(

The other stuff was cleared up though :D.

Molds are sold from about 1 million coins above.
    Of course the chances are slim :)
  • RenKu - Sanctuary
    RenKu - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So basically even without the tab for fb19 you can just walk into cave an kill the boss with a slim chance of a mold?
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So basically even without the tab for fb19 you can just walk into cave an kill the boss with a slim chance of a mold?

Yes, although FB19 isn't really worth the effort.
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • RenKu - Sanctuary
    RenKu - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Worth it to my nub charaters an A lil change if I get bored or run outta quest an don't wanna grind lol

1 more question does certain lvl of molds drop from each fb an do rate increase as lvl of fb does?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Worth it to my nub charaters an A lil change if I get bored or run outta quest an don't wanna grind lol

1 more question does certain lvl of molds drop from each fb an do rate increase as lvl of fb does?

each boss has specific drops check pwdatabase for this and percents
  • Aeneria - Lost City
    Aeneria - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What is the difference between the default et the real drop rate.

For exemple for the Wheel of Fate the default is 5% and the real 52% :) i love the 52% but it seems big.
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    RTFM real rate is after counting in that boss counts droprate several times as well as that in one count it has certain % to drop several items.
    if we have normal rate of 5% count like 2 times with 50% probability to drop 2 items and 50% for one item..oh heck why am i starting this, ask your maths teacher about probabilistics xD
  • Aeneria - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    euuuu. could someone explain it again but more easy to understand please, i really dont understand what you mean.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    euuuu. could someone explain it again but more easy to understand please, i really dont understand what you mean.

If the boss dropped just one item, the chance of that item being a Wheel of Fate mold is 2.4496%.

But because the boss drops 30 items, the chance of at least one of those drops being a Wheel mold is 52.4805%.

The math goes:
    There's a 100% - 2.4496% = 97.5504% chance of a drop not being a WoF.
    The chance of all 30 drops to not be a a WoF is 97.5504%^30 = 47.5195%.
    So chance of getting a WoF is 100% - 47.5195% = 52.4805%.

In my experience, the mold drop percentages for FB bosses listed in pwdatabase is wrong. I think there are a couple other checks being omitted from the calculation. I've killed that particular boss solo about 50 times, and gotten non-coin drops about 30-35 times (which is the correct rate for my level). But I've only gotten 4 Wheel molds, which is closer to a 10% rate rather than a 52.4805% rate. So don't go in there expecting lots of molds.
  • Aeneria - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Thanks a lot for this good explication b:thanks
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    still haven't seen/gotten a mold yet...23 fbs so far...nothin
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Crosoak - Dreamweaver
    Crosoak - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I saw a mold drop on my very frist fb19 but i let my freggin party mates pick em up and i dident know what it was........
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I saw a mold drop on my very frist fb19 but i let my freggin party mates pick em up and i dident know what it was........

necro necro necro....
    don't necro just to rage....
    also lols thats why you run with friends/faction mates....
    not complete strangers.
    b:chuckle

Don't be so sad anyway you going to out level it soon enough.
    (>.<)
    also if you really wanted it you can just grind some coins and buy it off catshops/auction house.
    like me did me mold pants.
    >.>
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Another pretty irrelevant necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.