Question about Wizard Armor

LuckySpell - Heavens Tear
LuckySpell - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Wizard
Okay, so i'm pretty much at level 52, and i've noticed that thats when i could wear the legendary armor. I've seen in the auctions, and i think that the robe and legs and mabye sleeves all add +8 mag attack. How much is that and is it worth it?
And also, i've seen some clerics with a level 60 Armor (Rank Armor) with -% channeling. So do wizards get those armor too? And is their another armor thats maybe level 60 or so with -% channeling? Because level 60 rank armor requires like 5000+reputation...and that really sucks :D.
And if your reply is that i should skip the Legendary Armor altogether, tell me why, and what armor i should use. Thanks in advance! b:pleased

-LuckySpell
Post edited by LuckySpell - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sindygoboom - Sanctuary
    Sindygoboom - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well, I'll take a crack at this.

I'll toss the rank question since I have no where near enough rep for this, and by the time I do, I'll be far beyond it being useful. I do, however, feel that -%channeling isn't something worth a lot. -3% doesn't change much except for the long channel spells, which are my openers anyway and so don't matter.

Personally, I don't have money for Legendary. And right now, I have primarily quest gear (read: free) that is better than anything I'd get in my 60s (7seals pants, boss boots, boss arms) and a 2* robe of cosmos that should last me a while too.

I honestly didn't spend that much time in my 50s. So figure out how long you plan on wearing legendary compared to what is available from the tailor or from quests, and decide if it's really worth the money. Chances are, it isn't.

Ps: I just wore Sacred tortise top and pants, and quest stuff for the rest until 60/61. I find myself upgrading my weapon a lot more because with a nice, up to date weapon and proper kiting, I could do just fine killing things before they hit me. Depends on how careful and aware you are if this will work for you.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Have to tried to manufacture your own armor?

Often you can get better stats that way rather then buying them...

As for the other items, I really don't think you need to be worrying about that until about level 60...then start thinking about all the added "perks."

And like Sindygoboom said....you don't really spend too much time in your 50's. Those flew by...your 60's will take a little longer bc you have to grind at least 75% of your level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009

I'll toss the rank question since I have no where near enough rep for this, and by the time I do, I'll be far beyond it being useful. I do, however, feel that -%channeling isn't something worth a lot. -3% doesn't change much except for the long channel spells, which are my openers anyway and so don't matter.

Personally, I don't have money for Legendary. And right now, I have primarily quest gear (read: free) that is better than anything I'd get in my 60s (7seals pants, boss boots, boss arms) and a 2* robe of cosmos that should last me a while too.

I honestly didn't spend that much time in my 50s. So figure out how long you plan on wearing legendary compared to what is available from the tailor or from quests, and decide if it's really worth the money. Chances are, it isn't.

Ps: I just wore Sacred tortise top and pants, and quest stuff for the rest until 60/61. I find myself upgrading my weapon a lot more because with a nice, up to date weapon and proper kiting, I could do just fine killing things before they hit me. Depends on how careful and aware you are if this will work for you.

You're exactly like me! Exact same armor, exact same opinion. Nothing to add here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Carvela - Heavens Tear
    Carvela - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If we're going on the arcane route, I say:
    If you have the coin, sure go ahead and buy the TT armor and molds. However if you are economical about it, spend your coin on the TT weapon and search through AH to get good 2-star 3-star gear. The stats on TT70 arcane armor suck and you can find better (and cheaper) 3-star armor at that level with +hp adds and such. Dark Pants of Hades is good but too expensive.

It all depends on the preference of the player and their situation. I personally admire the TT80 gold armor but do I have the coin to get it: no. So search through AH for good stats until TT90 green. lol. b:victory
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Legendary armor is all good if you can onsell it for the same or better than what you paid for it. Do some market research before you fork out the dosh though, nothing worse than buying the first one you see for sale and finding one cheaper 12 cat-shops down.
    I like pie
  • Prof - Harshlands
    Prof - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the rank top wont be obtained until 8x, and by then the only place it has is to look nice. -chan evidently makes you look good, and it doesn't drop on death. good for people too cheap to buy dolls(though the robe cost more than dolls).

if you have the money, these molds might interest you:

the dragon quest mold top: ☆Robe of Blood Might has very good stats, and will last you into the 60s unless you happen to find a good 3* robe of the tortoise.

(not recommended)from last boss in fb51: ☆Pants of Dragon Scales. the blues are horrible, but the res are great for its level. this will definitely last for awhile, and looks pretty good.

dragon quest mold sleeves: ☆Sleeves of Blood Moon. good res, good blues, all around good sleeves. if you plan to get hh70, these will last you. if not, they could be replaced by 3* 7x robes.

other than that, there's nothing around your level(worth it, anyways). these are good molds if you have the coin(i didn't, lol. spent too much on skills), but if you can afford them, try to get them cheap, or get the mold yourself(some require dragon orders, some are dropped in fbs. mold runs = wines).
  • LuckySpell - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009

Thanks Sindy :) Really helped a lot, well i took a little thought into it and i'm deciding to forget about the Legendary Armor altogether, going to wait till level 77 so i can get the sleeves, and on the way to get there, i'll just wear maybe some High Level armor. Going to focus money on a better sword, and a better weapon. b:victory
    edited March 2009
    the rank top wont be obtained until 8x, and by then the only place it has is to look nice. -chan evidently makes you look good, and it doesn't drop on death. good for people too cheap to buy dolls(though the robe cost more than dolls).

if you have the money, these molds might interest you:

the dragon quest mold top: ☆Robe of Blood Might has very good stats, and will last you into the 60s unless you happen to find a good 3* robe of the tortoise.

(not recommended)from last boss in fb51: ☆Pants of Dragon Scales. the blues are horrible, but the res are great for its level. this will definitely last for awhile, and looks pretty good.

dragon quest mold sleeves: ☆Sleeves of Blood Moon. good res, good blues, all around good sleeves. if you plan to get hh70, these will last you. if not, they could be replaced by 3* 7x robes.

other than that, there's nothing around your level(worth it, anyways). these are good molds if you have the coin(i didn't, lol. spent too much on skills), but if you can afford them, try to get them cheap, or get the mold yourself(some require dragon orders, some are dropped in fbs. mold runs = wines).
    Thanks Sindy :) Really helped a lot, well i took a little thought into it and i'm deciding to forget about the Legendary Armor altogether, going to wait till level 77 so i can get the sleeves, and on the way to get there, i'll just wear maybe some High Level armor. Going to focus money on a better sword, and a better weapon. b:victory

Hm kk i'll take a look on the Sleeves and Robe, don't know if i have enough money tho, i tend to spend lots on skills lols. So far the 50s are going pretty fast for me so i might just buy the robe O_o
    edited March 2009
    O_o accidently quoted myself lols
This discussion has been closed.