Light armor+evasion+fist BM

Mint_sage - Heavens Tear
Mint_sage - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Blademaster
First thing I want to say: I made a boy BM. WITH NICE RAINBOW HAIR! b:chuckle

Okay, order of business. Well, first of all I made a BM. NOT YOUR COMMON DUAL-BLADERS W/ HEAVY ARMOR, HOWEVER! (too much caps, I'm so sorryb:surrender) Well I got the idea of a light armor & evasion BM after thinking about ninjas for Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, because they're hard to hit and have high evasion. Then I got an idea/ experiment-idea that I wanted to try out. Something like a light armor+evasion ornaments+fists (not claws!). Could someone help me with a build that fits these demands?

Also, I really don't care if you critique me about "How BM's should ALWAYS wear heavy armor" or "Fists are not reccomended weapons", but please leave those comments out.

Awright, I might make some other kind of BM. Since my ideas suck. xD lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
by Forsaken :D
Post edited by Mint_sage - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• bananagirl
    bananagirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    enough str to use fist/claw
    rest to dex
    cap vit
    spend a lot of money on dodge stones
    very expensive build
  • Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear
    Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    very expensive built, especially since magic casters can avoid your entire build =o
  • Chanteus - Sanctuary
    Chanteus - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I suggest 1 vit to not be a quick kill, enough str for fist weapons (1.5/L?), and remainder in dex for atk, crit, and evade. Will it work? Probably. Carry neck and waist trinkets for all types after lev 40, and put them in hotkey boxes so you can swap them quickly based on foe (even during a combat). Light armor will give you decent pdef and ok mdef, and the trinkets will shift your balance. If a foes uses all one form and doesn't shift, consider using the marrows. As always, for a blademaster, avoid using any mana to grind, save it for tough fights and for healing sutra.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just telling you now, you won't ever have high enough evasion to dodge everything and magic always hits.

But ya, good luck~
    Back.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    First thing I want to say: I made a boy BM. WITH NICE RAINBOW HAIR! b:chuckle

Okay, order of business. Well, first of all I made a BM. NOT YOUR COMMON DUAL-BLADERS W/ HEAVY ARMOR, HOWEVER! (too much caps, I'm so sorryb:surrender) Well I got the idea of a light armor & evasion BM after thinking about ninjas for Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, because they're hard to hit and have high evasion. Then I got an idea/ experiment-idea that I wanted to try out. Something like a light armor+evasion ornaments+fists (not claws!). Could someone help me with a build that fits these demands?

Also, I really don't care if you critique me about "How BM's should ALWAYS wear heavy armor" or "Fists are not reccomended weapons", but please leave those comments out.

PvE - Mobs will always hit you regardless the amount of evasion you have.

PvP - Low damage, evasion not that useful, low physical defense and low HP = dead.
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Have a look a archers, they would have more evasion than you and a +% evasion buff. Do you miss them loads? Not really. Your idea is alright, your planning on facing other blademasters and barbarians ? (maybe archers too, but all archers know to use lightning)
    An evasion blademaster is difficult because your physical melee damage is determined on strength, and evasion is for dexterity. So 1str, 4dex or another variation like 2 str, 3 dex. Equip evasion ornaments, 3* light armour with +evasion and +dex, and mix up some HP and Evasion gems. You will want to + your equipment for HP and phys. resistance so your not too squishy.
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Archers get much less evade per dex than a warrior does. A fist warrior will almost always have more evade than an archer of equal level.

Your point still stands I suppose, but I felt like I needed to throw that out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    senovit wrote: »
    Archers get much less evade per dex than a warrior does. A fist warrior will almost always have more evade than an archer of equal level.

Your point still stands I suppose, but I felt like I needed to throw that out there.

Archer's go full DEX and they have evasion buff, so they will 99% of the time have more evasion than a Fist BM. And also, way more damage than one.

Unless you're talking about both being full DEX.
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I see your point in the evasion per dex, but archers do go 4 dex per level and love +dex items. They also have a 30 or so % evasion buff. In the end, maybe a fist bm will have more evasion with evasion gear because archers go for hp. My archer has +40 dex in gear and +29% evasion buff, she has 3096 evasion with no evasion gear and at Lv.70. Is that more or less than a fist BM? I really have no idea. Anyways back on topic, i really suggest though to go dual blades...they have nice accuracy and evasion but better damage too for attack abilities etc. Also dual blades fit the ninja role a lot more than glowing fists.
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • Tazuki - Lost City
    Tazuki - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well i dont think its a bad idea b:victory, in fact i think its good build. U should try new builds unlike all these heavy armored axe/dual bladers.
    PvP - even with 3k evasion its hard to to hit archers for BMs and WBs, dats the reason y at high lvl archers own BMs and WBs. And since u have high dex ull get high crit rate and fists have hgihest atk rate which allows u to crit more. And at lvl80+ its hard to PK BMs and WBs on 1v1 unless u crit+ berserk several times in a row.
    PvE - i reccomend u to use bow,bows will most suit u since u have high dex and LA. And at high lvl 80% of the mobs use magic atk and really squishy. Heavy armor BMs usually do their quests after 10lvl higher cuz they burn hp heiro like hell if they do quests of their lvl.

For me im heavy axe/blader atm. I learned axe skills for AoE grind b:bye lvl little more faster than other methods. As soon as i get to 90 ill restat to full dex and use blades + LA + bow b:victory It might me complete failure or it can be beginning of whole new build b:pleased just 3more lvl
  • kreiv
    kreiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Archer's go full DEX and they have evasion buff, so they will 99% of the time have more evasion than a Fist BM. And also, way more damage than one.

Unless you're talking about both being full DEX.

omg....fist wr ALWAYS have more dodge....

fist WR lvl 80= 3600 dodge, with archer buff 4300-4400
    archer lvl 80 = 3200 dodge with buff...without buff....

Now u can say "fist wr have little dodge", omg...
    Fist wr have low damage...yes...but hit to time to axes...and have 30% critical in lvl 90 with good equipment....with lvl 79 skill... 25% more critical....38% critical....with demon ciclon kick 20% more speed attack....YES, THEY HAVE LITTLE DAMAGED
  • Bitisu - Lost City
    Bitisu - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    fist for pvp against mages(spell cancel rules) and solo pve 1vs1
    sword for pvp against physical classes and pve if you need to kill more than 2-3mobs or you want a knock back and run think
    if you build your self right you can balance both weps
    come to think of it i balance sword and axe right now so i bet you can do fist/sword
    (i know sword/axe sounds dumb right but think i get full aoe knock back not frontal and thats some good cooldown time)(at end game of course)
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    kreiv wrote: »
    omg....fist wr ALWAYS have more dodge....

fist WR lvl 80= 3600 dodge, with archer buff 4300-4400
    archer lvl 80 = 3200 dodge with buff...without buff....

Now u can say "fist wr have little dodge", omg...
    Fist wr have low damage...yes...but hit to time to axes...and have 30% critical in lvl 90 with good equipment....with lvl 79 skill... 25% more critical....38% critical....with demon ciclon kick 20% more speed attack....YES, THEY HAVE LITTLE DAMAGED

Sounds like you never PvPed before, it's not like anyone would stand there and tank you. You have no range and you can't stunlock. People will just kite you and make you useless.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • kreiv
    kreiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    Sounds like you never PvPed before, it's not like anyone would stand there and tank you. You have no range and you can't stunlock. People will just kite you and make you useless.

No, i never pk...omg, i play pw almost 2 year...and i know fist wr is very good for pk....i have wr axes in pw ms (european server) and i restast my stats to fist wr....i hate wr axes for pk, good for tw but...
  • Mint_sage - Heavens Tear
    Mint_sage - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    still with high dex, fist'ers pack a punch. High dex= LOTSA crit's. Fists= fast atk speed. that means high dex fist'ers attack lots of times and have a high chance to score LOTS of critical hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Forsaken :D
  • Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah we own^^