Fist BM, 4dex-1vit-5str.

Harukie - Lost City
Harukie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Blademaster
Well, I have made a Fist BM! Its lvl 23 so far. I have used the 4 dex, 1 vit, and 5 str eash 2 lvls-build so far. And Im pretty happy with it. But I wanna know if theres any higher lvl fist BMs, with higher lvls I meen 70+, MABY 60+. That have used this build, and can tell me if I should just keep on useing it or what I should change? and what/if I should cap vit on?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Harukie - Lost City on

Comments

• Shootz - Harshlands
    Shootz - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm a 76 fist BM, and I didn't use that build. But let me tell you right now, fists SUCK pre-70.

Go swords until you have to choose, then go axes, from axes at 70 re-stat to fists. it will save you SO much time you won't even believe it.

But on the build, ya it's fine, only problem is that you might face low HP in the beginning causing you to die a lot more. Also I suggest, ONLY A SUGGESTION, Minimum dex for weapon, cap vit at 50, rest into str. As a fist BM you'll want as much dmg as possible. Go for +str equips, and for your fists socket them with +attack shards of the highest magnitude you can afford.

Also for skills on the fist tree, get these:
    lvl 1 shadowless kick
    Max Cyclone heel

THAT'S ALL
    If anyone tells you otherwise they are wrong.
    for the main tree of skills, look at Lynduras guide as into what to max.

Also, Spark Eruption is your BEST FRIEND.
  • Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Im using that build im not 60 or + though...>.>........But it does work fine^^-I used to be a dex/LA build I liked that one too^^
  • Harukie - Lost City
    Harukie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm a 76 fist BM, and I didn't use that build. But let me tell you right now, fists SUCK pre-70.

Go swords until you have to choose, then go axes, from axes at 70 re-stat to fists. it will save you SO much time you won't even believe it.

But on the build, ya it's fine, only problem is that you might face low HP in the beginning causing you to die a lot more. Also I suggest, ONLY A SUGGESTION, Minimum dex for weapon, cap vit at 50, rest into str. As a fist BM you'll want as much dmg as possible. Go for +str equips, and for your fists socket them with +attack shards of the highest magnitude you can afford.

lvl 1 shadowless kick
    Max Cyclone heel

THAT'S ALL

I wanna go pure Fist build, from 30 and all above, slow or hard or weak, I dont realy care. I just wanna have a cool character to look at wile I train ^^.
    I wonder, are there any spesific ways I should place out my spells? Or just max everything that needs fist? I tryed look into that BM guide, but the maker of it seems to be against fist BMs pretty badly.
    Again, I wanna go 100% fist, not hybrid with axes or so. Even if it might be a fail on higher lvl, I dont realy care. Beacuse I dont think Ill ever even hit above lvl 70 on this char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    By pure Fist I take it you mean pure dex, right?b:question If so that would require you to wear LA(i.e. Light Armor)...which has the stat reqs of 1 str and 1 dex per lvl leaving 3 free points you could go like this(these are per 2 lvlsb:mischievous):5dex 3str(or 4), and 2vit(or 1); 6dex, 2str(or 3), 2vit(or 1).
    I use the first one till lvl 53 I think, then just switched to HA(Heavy Armor) for TT and Fbsb:sin....planing to switch bk to LA at 70 thoughb:cool
  • Tisukie - Lost City
    Tisukie - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    By pure Fist I take it you mean pure dex, right?b:question If so that would require you to wear LA(i.e. Light Armor)...which has the stat reqs of 1 str and 1 dex per lvl leaving 3 free points you could go like this(these are per 2 lvlsb:mischievous):5dex 3str(or 4), and 2vit(or 1); 6dex, 2str(or 3), 2vit(or 1).
    I use the first one till lvl 53 I think, then just switched to HA(Heavy Armor) for TT and Fbsb:sin....planing to switch bk to LA at 70 thoughb:cool

Naaaw! With pure fist I meen fist all the way, I should have made that clear ^^. I ganna keep on the 5-4-1 build, maby Ima go that str build tho... I just meet what spells to learn etc as a fist-all-the-way BM? ^-^
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    With thta build you'll be fine, just do what I said and you'll be A-OK
    Back.
  • Tisukie - Lost City
    Tisukie - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    With thta build you'll be fine, just do what I said and you'll be A-OK

Said where?
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I'm Shootz :3
    Back.
  • yupeanutslicker
    yupeanutslicker Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i'm a level 46 BM right now,

My build was enough stats just to wear my weapon, and the rest to vit.

I've been able to pk most ppl within 5 levels of me.. and actually beat a level 59 wizzy the other day.

Make sure you max out all your defense buffs, Sutra, Roar, Bleed and Later on,
    Shadowless, and Cyclone. I also stupidly put skills to stream strike which is an absolute waste, and i'm maxing out my ocean spray. I find with the bad range of fisters, ppl running away is a pain in the butt, so that extra slow is pretty nice, and its good instant damage just for when you really need to finish off the guy.
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    at lvl 65 you are probalby going to want to have 130 dex 50+ vit and 150+ str then just start plugging away at str as much as you can but not to much to hurt yourself. trust me...my brother is a lvl 68+ BM and he is able to take out archers lvl 80+.at lvl 65 it took a lvl 70+ Tank barb with 6200 hp points with blood bath and the damage buff 30 minutes to pk him. and the barb was using a charm the food items and pots. and my brother only had 2.6k of hp. my brother was taking his hp points down quicker then i thought would be possible. the only reason why my brother died was because the barb got a crit for 2.1k before his charm could tick.. my brothers base damage is 1104-1174 damage.
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Sukrin - Lost City
    Sukrin - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hey Harukie, they way I built up my FistMaster was putting all points into dex and only enough into str to wear heavy armor. So far, its fairly balanced out to hit hard enough and to crit a lot, Str is at 167 and Dex is at 188.
    b:angry Fear the Fists... b:angry
  • Bitisu - Lost City
    Bitisu - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    actually you can go pure fist get your vit up to 50at lvl 10 then put 3str 2dexodd lvls adn 2str 3dex even lvls and youll have your equip all set up at lvl 30 and continue this untill you get hh armor and +12 it and restat and put your con at 5 get yoru dex to 200 and focus on str untill yoru str is 300 then after that do pure dex untill you run out of points
    basically you end up like this
    350str 400dex 5con 5int and belive me this build is amazing at that lvl you dont get hit alot by archers and bms dont have a chance to hit you btw try to get ling yun rings+12 two of em and if you plan on fighting melee classes get pure evasion stones and phy ammulets+12 and if you want to pk the arcane wearers use hp stones on a light armor and mage ammulets+12
  • Bloodmist - Dreamweaver
    Bloodmist - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009

lvl 1 shadowless kick
    Max Cyclone heel

THAT'S ALL

Well I'm here to tell you your wrong. Fist BM damage is not based on STR, but on DEX. Put only enough DEX for weapon and rest into STR and VIT and you will have LOWER damage, not higher. And if you don't believe me, hover your mouse over the DEX stat on your character screen. It tells you DEX = more fist damage. b:pleased
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well I'm here to tell you your wrong. Fist BM damage is not based on STR, but on DEX. Put only enough DEX for weapon and rest into STR and VIT and you will have LOWER damage, not higher. And if you don't believe me, hover your mouse over the DEX stat on your character screen. It tells you DEX = more fist damage. b:pleased

Say no to drugs. I've got a lvl 46 fister who has never earned extra dmg when putting points into dex, only when I increase strength. Try looking at your char screen again. Str says increases physical melee and physical defense; dex increase physical ranged. And we don't throw our gloves at the mobs
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Say no to drugs. I've got a lvl 46 fister who has never earned extra dmg when putting points into dex, only when I increase strength. Try looking at your char screen again. Str says increases physical melee and physical defense; dex increase physical ranged. And we don't throw our gloves at the mobs

You dont notice but you both are saying the same thing.b:laugh

Notice, he is saying. just to add enough DEX to wear weapon and rest to STR and VIT. So, he is not adding extra dex.

Which pretty much is different than what other do (like me), which is add enough STR to wear Heavy Armor and rest to DEX and VIT.
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You dont notice but you both are saying the same thing.

No, they're not. In no way is saying, "increase STR to increase damage," and, "increase DEX to increase damage," remotely compatible. Bloodmist is simply stating that if you only put in enough Dex to use your weapon, you'll have lower damage. He's wrong--terribly, egregiously wrong, and possibly snorting magical white fairy dust cut with baking soda.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    No, they're not. In no way is saying, "Increase STR to increase damage", and, "increase DEX to increase damage", remotely compatible. Bloodmist is simply stating that if you only put in enough Dex to use your weapon, you'll have lower damage. He's wrong--terribly, egregiously wrong, and possibly snorting magical white fairy dust cut with baking soda.

However, he is mentioning to put minimum Dex to use weapon. He is not saying to add extra points on dex to increase damage.

What I understand is that if you don't put minimum dex, you will use a lower level fists weapon and as result doing less damage.

Still, though he should say it in a different way though.
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Is it safe to assume that English is not your first language? I wholly understand the confusion if this is the case, however, this quote makes abundantly clear how mind-numbingly wrong Bloodmist is:
    Bloodmist wrote:
    Fist BM damage is not based on STR, but on DEX.
    Granrey wrote:
    However, he is mentioning to put minimum Dex to use weapon.

No, he isn't. He's saying "put minimum DEX on a weapon, and your damage will be lower"; cause and effect.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Is it safe to assume that English is not your first language? I wholly understand the confusion if this is the case, however, this quote makes abundantly clear how mind-numbingly wrong Bloodmist is:

No, he isn't. He's saying "put minimum DEX on a weapon, and your damage will be lower"; cause and effect.

Yes pretty safeb:laugh. English is my second language

but what does he mean on this:

"Also I suggest, ONLY A SUGGESTION, Minimum dex for weapon, cap vit at 50, rest into str"
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    That wasn't Bloodmist, that was Shootz.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I'm Shootz.

And BTW Dex only gives dmg bonus to bows, NOT fists.
    More Str = More DMG with fists.
    Back.