Worth A Try?

Options
meritor
meritor Posts: 81 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Hey Guys,

I was looking for a new mmo to play and a friend pointed me in this direction, I've played games like LoM2/3 and MoS in the past and want to know how PW will compare to them for game play and community,

Thanks,
M,
Post edited by meritor on

Comments

• Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear
    Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes, this game is worth a try.
    The name's Xtreme! b:victory
    Not Extreme! b:angry
    Get it right! b:thanks
  • Cookie - Dreamweaver
    Cookie - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yes it is.
    But bewarned.
    PWI is like Crack, Perhaps maybe a little bit worse xD
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You go on the official site's forums and ask if we think it was worth it? We may be a little biased. b:chuckle

Discussion of competing MMORPGs isn't really allow by the forum rules, but I can say this: I come from a background of skipping around MMORPGs a lot, and this is the first one I've stuck with for an extended amount of time. Everyone has their style, and this one suits me best over most other MMORPGs.

The free-to-play content, for example, is in general the exact same as the content you get if you use real money; you just get there faster using the cash shop, or have to buy stuff off another player.

Character customization is pretty good, and is only limiting as far as classes go. You can pick your character's look down to their eye color and what shoes they wear--visual customization is something I find important in an MMO.

Community's pretty good. It seems to be a case of "minus a couple bad apples, people are nice so long as you're one of the nice people too." But then, aren't most communities like that?

Gameplay aspects vary in comparison to other MMOs, but are generally similar to the ones I've played. Levelling is pretty fast at first; soloing is also much easier at first, compared to other games I've played. But for both cases, it gets harder as you play, which is an awesome way of adding interest.

Graphics are excellent, and absolutely beautiful when set on high. Faction wars are a bit stalemated on my server (Sanctuary) for factions that aren't one of the "big three." But two fresh servers just opened up that could offer an excellent opportunity for good fun PvP.

In general, you should give the game a shot, definitely. It's free to download and play, so there's no risk. Download it and try it out; you just may become addicted like the rest of us. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Id recommend starting, try one of the older servers though, the newer ones are much like pay for power, as the mighty USD rules everything there. The older servers can offer a 'generally' unique, and generous crowd, willing to help oft times when needed.

Theres a plethora of bosses, gears, classes, instance dungeons, and more in PWI waiting for you.

The only thing to watch out for is the hardcore PKers who will just PK your low level **** for lols. theyre generally the jerks.. (LOL vert.) and losers of the community.
    Dont hang around those lowlifes and you should have a fun time
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    join us at scantruary :D