slowing computer

zyal
zyal Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Support Desk
when i install and play pw or eso my computer slows down and all the other programs stop responding why is this? and befor you say its casue my computer sucks my brother in laws $5000 computer has the same problem
Post edited by zyal on

Comments

• zyal
    edited March 2009
    why is it i can never get anyone to help me with this problem? i cant call the company cause theres no number on the site and i cant submit a ticket because when i fill one out and hit submit nothing happens. you guys who made this really have to get you **** togeather becasue i have spent money in pw and i want to play without my computer slowing down
  • Moroki - Heavens Tear
    Moroki - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Maybe you don't have enough RAM to run all the programs. I had the same problem until I installed more RAM into my pc. Now, I can run my internet browser, PWI, and my Windows Media Player, easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zyal
    edited March 2009
    like i siad my brother in law's $5000 computer has the same problem
  • MelvinFoxber - Sanctuary
    MelvinFoxber - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm not a member of PWI dev team or even an administrator. Just a regular ol' guy who's done IT work before... and I have to say, your post complaining about it slowing your computer is incredibly uninformative.
  • Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ticketing system worked fine last time I used it. Try a different browser to submit your ticket, or double check if there's any required fields you left out.

Saying that your bro's computer cost 5k doesn't really give tech support any good info about your pc's specs, which would be helpful so they can help troubleshoot the problem faster.

Also, not cussing at the devs/GMs would be good. They try their best and are pretty dedicated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shanrune - Heavens Tear
    Shanrune - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    zyal wrote: »
    like i siad my brother in law's $5000 computer has the same problem

hey, quit throwing prices around.

he probably bought the piece of **** Pre-made,

those are ALWAYS terrible. you're just paying for the name.

and as stated. it sounds like a RAM problem.

if you are running a dual-core or quad-core then turn off one of the cores by alt-tabbing after you've started the game, then ctrl+alt+dlt then right click on the element client select affinity and turn off all but 1. doesnt matter which one, just turn all but one off.

so give us some real statistics on the problem, or GTFO!!
    "I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecile,
    I will only complicate you,
    Trust in me and fall as well,
    I will find a center in you,
    I will chew it up and leave,
    I will work to elevate you,
    Just enough to bring you down..."
    -Tool

Scientifically speaking, murder is defined as extroverted suicide.
  • Julyah - Sanctuary
    Julyah - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just what Shanrune said.

1st, learn to read. People are trying to ask you questions and you tell us how much your bro-in-law paid for HIS computer. Also there's a Troubleshooting FAQ up there for you to read before posting.

2nd, if your bro-in-law has similar problems then tell him to come and make his own thread.

3rd, 5000$ for a computer is a bit overpriced unless you're working with multiple monitors or such. For 4000$ you should get the best possible hardware for regular systems.

4th, If people are asking you questions here, like how much RAM you got, we need the answer in Gigs, not in dollars.

5th, Some humility, young grasshopper, the support forums aren't going to answer in 21 minutes you waited in between your posts. If you had actually really played the game you might have noticed the staff is pretty busy right now with other people's problems - people's that can give the required information right away.

So, back on topic, How much RAM do YOU have? Remember, in Gigs, not in dollars, and YOUR computer, not your bro-in-law's.

Also you might experience that kind of stuff if your hard drive is really fragmented, so be sure to defrag it. If your game is installed on external USB HD then move it to internal drive instead.

You could try playing around with the priority of the elementclient.exe (the game) and see if allocating full priority or very little affects anything.
    While there be sure to run the game in small windowed mode with minimum details and see if it has ANY impact on the matter. This would help in determining if it's the detail of the game that slows it down or something else.
    While doing that keep your system monitor open and see if elementclient.exe starts hogging unusual amounts of RAM or computer-time.
    [Tech Support Junkie]
    Player 1: "I dont believe this is an off-topic worthy thread."
    Player 2: "It's not even worth it for lower depths. What do we do?"
    Player 3: "Delete it?"
    Mod: "Moving this to tech support."
    edited March 2009
    Send us your dxdiag for YOUR computer to us in Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Describe your issues the best you can.

Tell us what you have tried to fix it. Tell us what errors you have gotten.

Thanks!b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.