How bad exactly are pvp servers?

Options
Fuzzy - Harshlands
Fuzzy - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
I've heard the pvp servers on PWI are pretty bad, but exactly how bad?

Constant griefing?

Hard to level?

How many times did people get pk'd from 30-?
Post edited by Fuzzy - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nalle - Lost City
    Nalle - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well I've been pk'ed only few times.. until i got to swamp (+60), there's sometimes lots of rednames pking.

About the lvling part, it might be hard at times since lots of high lvls are pk'ing lowbies to get their pk rankings up.. yep it's lame.
    Zelex - Lvl 73 Blademaster
    Nalle - Lvl 73 Wizard
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't think that it is a huge deal.

Only time it is a pain is if you are in the middle of no where and have to get back to where you were questing or grinding.

Having said that though...you do learn to pick up on ques as to who may or may not be coming after you.

OH....and the pink - red names are not a bad hint either....Give it a try you may find it rather fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I am new to Lost City leaving my Wizard from Heaven Tear (goodbye friends..lol...Not that I had to many. A few from Legion) Anyways back to topic. I am excited to reach 30+ level soon so life can actually be interesting instead of the boring routine of the mobs walking their auto routes. Even though I don't play enough which I will most likely not be passing lvl 50 in a looooong time I still am enthusiatic about the thought of being ones cannon fodder or the adventure of not being PK'd.

If you can't handle being PK'd go to the PVE servers.
    Also, if you can't handle all the cry babies flaming you out after you pawn their a$$es then I would not waste time either.

Being from the PVE side of things I totally suggest staying PVP. It can get really boring seeing 1000's of blue names all the time and not being able to PK them. Most white or red names on the PVE are tough so there is not much low level pking on the PVE servers.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    from level 0-6x i had a total of maybe 5 pk attempts? i got bored, joined a factor guild and now i deal with 5-10 attempts a day. if you arent ready for pk just stay white, join a non-factor guild or roll pve.
  • Raigen - Lost City
    Raigen - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol u just gotta learn where the pking hotspots are, then the rest isnt a big deal as for lvling....not that hard a couple of zhen parties should give u that "i feel safe and comfy" feeling from being pk'd while grinding....although they do get crashed sometimes so......yeab:bye
  • Rrraige - Lost City
    Rrraige - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Honestly I've been surprised by how little world PK I've seen to this point. Even in the 6x level range in the Swamp I rarely dealt with any higher-leveled PKers.
  • Purple - Lost City
    Purple - Lost City Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Honestly I've been surprised by how little world PK I've seen to this point. Even in the 6x level range in the Swamp I rarely dealt with any higher-leveled PKers.
    You need more enemies, like I have! >:O
    But my enemies can't do much to me, so they kill people I know. ;_;
    Wall sniping, ninja tree magic, and medium range artillery. Whine less, please. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redhawkpure
    redhawkpure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    :o purple who would wanan kill juu
  • AnimeQT - Lost City
    AnimeQT - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I really dont see the problem with Pking. If you dont want to get pked then get OUT of the PvP server. Really simple :) but if you enjoy a bit of pking once in a while its not that bad

Except for the dumb one's that cry over getting pked when they SHOULD know what they got themselves into joining a PvP server
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I really dont see the problem with Pking. If you dont want to get pked then get OUT of the PvP server. Really simple :) but if you enjoy a bit of pking once in a while its not that bad

Except for the dumb one's that cry over getting pked when they SHOULD know what they got themselves into joining a PvP server

What's the point of typing this kind of stuff anymore. The majority of the people who play these games now a days are **** and can't make good decisions for themselves. That's why we end up seeing people cry.

The only thing that would make sense crying about si those damn birds. Freakin birds!! b:cry
    Xtacy
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    majority of pk happens when your guild has kos b:shocked

or if your are guildless red name. Than everyoen tries to kill you rofl (even the "non-random pkers") Not saying its bad, I also pk red name guildless but I'm not hypocritical about it =/
  • syl
    syl Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you dont want to get pked then get OUT of the PvP server.

i always lolz at this type of comment. how many ppl in lost city want to get pked?

i guess everyone in the server constantly holds signs up saying "i want to get pked." i'm pretty sure the next time i attack u, u won't just stand there and say "oh well, i play on lost city, i wanna get pked."

BTW: ppl on heaven's tear, sanctuary, and dreamweaver get pked (it's not just lost city). Don't believe me? check the pk rankings.
  • Governator - Lost City
    Governator - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    syl wrote: »
    i always lolz at this type of comment. how many ppl in lost city want to get pked?

i guess everyone in the server constantly holds signs up saying "i want to get pked." i'm pretty sure the next time i attack u, u won't just stand there and say "oh well, i play on lost city, i wanna get pked."

BTW: ppl on heaven's tear, sanctuary, and dreamweaver get pked (it's not just lost city). Don't believe me? check the pk rankings.

Close minded much? Think outside of the box before you post ignorant comments like this please. No one is saying "OH PK ME PK ME I WANNA GET PKED BECAUSE I'M ON LOST CITY PVP SERVER!1!1!1". They simply accept that they can and will be pked. Seen quite a bit, I pk someone and they just laugh or say ahhh darn then go back to safe zone.

BTW: HT, Sanc, and DW have the choice to get pk'ed by unchecking the protection box. LC and HL have the choice to get pk'ed by leaving the safe zone at any point in time b:victory
    MOAR PLANS b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because we can.
  • syl
    syl Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Close minded much? Think outside of the box before you post ignorant comments like this please. No one is saying "OH PK ME PK ME I WANNA GET PKED BECAUSE I'M ON LOST CITY PVP SERVER!1!1!1". They simply accept that they can and will be pked. Seen quite a bit, I pk someone and they just laugh or say ahhh darn then go back to safe zone.

BTW: HT, Sanc, and DW have the choice to get pk'ed by unchecking the protection box. LC and HL have the choice to get pk'ed by leaving the safe zone at any point in time b:victory
    Don't post igonarant replies like this please.

what box? it was stated that "if u don't want to get pked, then don't play on lost city server." i know a bunch of ppl that don't want get pked that do play on lost city server. i guess they should quit right? because everyone on the server WANTS to get pked.

better the statement should be "if u don't like to pvp, then don't play on lost city server." it's a pvp server...not a pkb:victory

BTW: even though they have a choice, there's still people pking durrrr
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    it's boring these days...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Dazels - Lost City
    Dazels - Lost City Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've heard the pvp servers on PWI are pretty bad, but exactly how bad?

Constant griefing?

Hard to level?

How many times did people get pk'd from 30-?

actually pking on pvp server is considert bad and wrong unomorall etc..
    if u pk ppl ur RQ and RQ are scum and 10y olds with no lives..
    Ooo I know lets roll pvp server so i can QQ about pking...

Loving Cyprus the weather is Hot the women are Hot and the beer is cold b:victory