fox form for pvp/pve

mokatsu
mokatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
New here so no noob calling pls, and yes i am one. is it possible to have a veno fox form and be good in pvp and pve?

p.s searched the forum but couldn't find anything
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Live life without regrets.
Post edited by mokatsu on

Comments

• Lynaris - Sanctuary
    Lynaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't know. Personally I favor the human form, since fox form can't cast venomous scarab and I like to use it. I dislike fighting close range, too. a threat to hp ;p
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    mokatsu wrote: »

p.s searched the forum but couldn't find anything

lies... b:avoid
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As one of the only Fox Venos around I can say yes to both. I can often destroy Mage Venos in PvP as well as many other classes (though Dueling non Venos with your pet out is pretty mean considering that is not a DUEL anymore lol) and I can PVE as good if not better than any Mage Veno.

Mage Venos are very squishy, one hit and they crumple. Going Fox not only do you get Life Stealing abilities but if you work up your Evade your Befuddling Mist will make enemies miss you most of the time. You can hit rather hard as a Fox Veno and Tank a good deal more than most would expect from a Veno. Also, Amplify Damage is absolutely AWESOME when fighting Bosses and tough monsters and the Mage Venos have nothing up on that.

Do know in advance though if you go Fox that you want a pet still and that you will want to invest in Magic & Strength. This will not only give you better hitting power but will let you wear a combination of Heavy Armor and Arcane Armor. With both types equipped you can even out the differences between Magic Resist and Phys Resist and with your Fox form be rather well protected. Do not bother with Light Armor, takes too much Dex and offers too little protection on either side.

It is fun being one of the cute but deadly little Vixens running around. Play smart like a fox and you should do fine.
  • keyshey
    keyshey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Also, Amplify Damage is absolutely AWESOME when fighting Bosses and tough monsters and the Mage Venos have nothing up on that.

ironwood scarab? reduces physical defense by 30%, now your pet attacks much stronger. On top of that it also does huge magic damage.

I personally use both, mostly mage though
    I use fox form for debuffs especially on pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I play a fox, but only PvE. In PvE they are really good. They kill fast, have some really usefull debuff skills and aren't as squishy as normal venos. The core skills in PvE are befuddling mist and amplify damage. I think amplify damage is way more usefull then ironwood scarab, especially in a party: ALL damage is increased. On top of that, I have a pet with pierce. This reduces phys def for a longer time then ironwood scarab, and also benefits my own attacks.

I can't really tell you much on reall PvP or PKing mode. However, I noticed that some skills are really pvp orientated: A curse that reduces chi on each hit, another that stops regeneration (LOVE the animation of this one, so I also use it in pve :p), an aoe manaleak ... Those skills are defenately pvp based. I can't say if they are effective though.

Contrary to Hasukurobi, I don't think light armor is a waist of time. Heavy/arcane can be better then light, but you must really know what you're doing, and it's more expensive. Personnaly I prefer to choose either arcane, light or heavy on a character so as not to get a headache from al calculations it involves making a good combination of equipment. Light armor has some other adventages: it's compatible with the highest mag weapon assuring you a good attack and pet heal, it gives extra dex and with that a higher crit rate (evasion is not usefull in pve), and it allows you to effectivly use humanoide form when you may feel like it. The lack of phys def disappears when you get lvl29 foxform anyway. This is just my opinion though.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i'm not really extremely experienced in this game, but i have dueled plenty since i started. I use a light build and have both fox/human skills. My favorite class to duel against with this build is clerics. Ironwood -foxform -purge -stunning blow - spark eruption - leech. Throw in a soul transfusion somewhere in there when needed its almost always a win for me. Switch back to human and cast if they use plume shell. I have not done all 3 builds on a veno, but the advantage of being able to cast or melee makes you very versatile in any situation that comes your way. When it came to fighting melee classes i stay human, cast and use bramble hood. If they use a skill that reduces all dmg like 90% or sumtin.. kite, run, wait.. come back bramble hood, let them kill themselves. Any melee person that thinks they will spark eruption as their first skill.. just bramble hood and their dead in a matter of seconds. Kite is so key as a venomancer since your pet (if you use a fast pet) will be able to keep that dmg going while you take a few steps back to cast again. Never stand in one place unless you have bramble hood activated.. attack mages(foxform/human) and kite melee(human). Not to mention the skills you choose to use on your pets.. Slow for kiting melee, Howl for reducing a mages mdef, Pounce for well stun, Peirce if you need that extra def debuff while in fox and Flesh Ream b:shutup
    This is my take on it from my own experiences.. light build may not be the greatest pve build ( your still a veno with a personal tank, its not hard to pve naked), but pvp it can do alot.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.