Venos don't KS tweek your settings up

Options
Pumpkin - Dreamweaver
Pumpkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Tideswell (East)
Just now while playing my game a bunch of BM's started moaning towards me about Ks'ing.I Am a venomancer so all our damage is done from range.Not only this but we can Summer Sprint 5.9 speed for almost forever.We can exchange our hp and mp values and regenerate our own mp/hp so basically we have *almost infinite amounts of mp*
my range + my walk speed + My (7.0+ speed) wolfkin = me killing everything fast without a worry.
Some weird BM who was moaning about me "kill stealing" ended up bringing some of her guild mats to harass me.Saying i should halt my pet when there attacking the monsters that I hit first.They probably have there settings on Best Performance so when they kill steal my mobs they think they were there first just because I am *invisible*
Now I was just minding my own business... but she continuously kept talking ****.
If the kill was her's than why did I keep getting my quest kill counts and dq's that drop from it every time? How is it that a Blade Master who runs around 5 speed with little far (melee) range going to assume I am kill stealing when this whole time every kill counted went to me.If another player not from my squad was attacking a monster and i attack after it,the mats and coins that drop after it would not allow me to pick them up for a few seconds .
Later on this silly BM keeps talking about me and started moaning about how her guild leader is going to do something about me because I was "ks'ing her"
I did not KS and when ever I see a monsters hp go below 100% before my pet cast flesh realm I quickly set his command to halt than attack another near mob after i have it locked on.
Everyone *Overrates* venomancers and there not as easy as people think they are to use.
If you see -Pumpkin- killing random monsters and u feel like she's KS'ing you please leave a whisper on her chat box,and FFS stop Reporting me for ****/botting its called Use Whisper and me being on faction chat.I play fair... just because you kill slow and suck nuts doesn't mean i have to "suffer" for it.
I am tired of this drama and people ruining my fun. *blame the veno* w/e :S
I'm innocent and kill fast that's what veno's do
Her pets flesh realm is bugged her pets fleshrealm is bugged,Veno stop KS'ing
Listen to me when i talk to you on common chat even though u have that thing turned off blablabla... STFU!!!!!!!!
I sometimes get the feeling I'm Hated by the whole server because everyone refuses to squad with me most of the time and would use me only to tank there fb's or to pull.b:cry
Post edited by Pumpkin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You don't have the worst of this problem. Archers get it a lot more. And weirdly enough, I get venos complaining about it more than other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I haven't really been KS much, usually an accident by most of the time, it's by Archers. The Venomancers always send a whisper apologizing if they happen to do it.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Someone who was KSing me was accusing me of KSing from him the other day. Then he deliberately did it in my face for revenge, ignorant to the fact I never deliberately KS without good reason. So I warned him I would report him for harrassment and he stopped then. The problem is not just the ping time but probably process time; on HT it takes about a whole second for someone's actions (not including chat or invite requests etc) to appear to everyone elses, perhaps a little more depending on how far you are from the server, which in total is packet travel time + process time where both are subject to network latency or server load. So that way even if to you you've lauched an attack 1 - 3 seconds earlier than the other player doesn't mean that is so according to the server, or especially the other player. Also it's not as quick and easy to realise someone else has got there first and cancel the attack(s) as some may think.

But still the greed and selfishness on MMORPGs really bugs me. I wish everyone would realise most KSing is accidental and caused by the perma-lag and the stubborn interface, which also could be because of lag, since by the time you've commanded it to stop, the server has already accepted and processed your attack.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Isolated - Harshlands
    Isolated - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tipical pve crying about KS b:chuckle it happends no big deal tell them to shuv it
    kthnxbai b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minta - Dreamweaver
    Minta - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

If the kill was her's than why did I keep getting my quest kill counts and dq's that drop from it every time? How is it that a Blade Master who runs around 5 speed with little far (melee) range going to assume I am kill stealing when this whole time every kill counted went to me.If another player not from my squad was attacking a monster and i attack after it,the mats and coins that drop after it would not allow me to pick them up for a few seconds .

drops and kills for quest get person who does most dmg to monster not who hits it first. veno+pet DOES higher damage than blademaster.
  • mekkan90
    mekkan90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi, I am a BM and ive never seen anybody talking about KS but when i attack some mobs there are archers and venoms attacking or a wizard, so to all BM's that whines about small things, just go on and without whining, theese stuff happens alot to me and i dont even care about it, its not like every venom is stealing my kills, sometimes im attacking first and the venom might send the pet to the mob im attacking, if the venoms manages to kill the mob, big deal JUST KILL A NEW MOB it doesnt even take that long to kill a mob. when theese stuff happens, people dont mean to interup and steal your kills, why should the person even bother to steal your kill?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I haven't really been KS much, usually an accident by most of the time, it's by Archers. The Venomancers always send a whisper apologizing if they happen to do it.

Don't be a ****. Archers apologize for it plenty. You'd think enough people don't even have their graphics on high enough to see us already shooting it from 30 meters away. Heck I know I apologize if I hit the same mob WHETHER OR NOT IT'S MY FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE but hooo, don't make just archers the villains here because hey, we're players just like you. I'll respect you only as far as you respect me. Trust me, you don't WANT an archer pissed enough to intentionally KS you cuz we do A LOT OF DAMAGE at REALLY LONG RANGE and if we're as rude as you think your quests will never get done. Kthnxbai.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    "Don't be a ****. Archers apologize for it plenty. Heck I know I apologize if I hit the same mob WHETHER OR NOT IT'S MY FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE"

Nice name calling ... Reread my post, I never said Archers never apologize. I stated the Venomancers I've run into who have KS'd have always apologized to me (mentioned Venomancers because it was more on topic). The few Archers who have KS'ed me often type "LOL" without me even typing anything (I know not all Archers do this). That's not nice in my opinion.

"Trust me, you don't WANT an archer pissed enough to intentionally KS you cuz we do A LOT OF DAMAGE at REALLY LONG RANGE and if we're as rude as you think your quests will never get done. Kthnxbai."

I trust you on that point, it's common sense really. I wouldn't want an Archer, Wizard, or Venomancer following me (or anyone else for that matter) KSing them purposely. In regards to Archers, I stated my experience thus far with the ones I've run into who did KS. I don't believe my reply inferred all or most Archers are rude. Most Archers fight their own mobs (the ones I've seen).
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Varsity - Dreamweaver
    Varsity - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yea i never get ksed and ks to me is when im killing something and someone else comes out of nowhere attacking it. not IF either me or someone else is THINKING about attacking something doesnt mean you own the target
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Egh. I think Venomancers overall are pretty rude. Yes, I know. I'm a Venomancer. And I don't mean every Veno. Just a few that I came across are rude or just plain stupid.

Funny thing happened at the Taruoc Enthusiasts when I was back in my late 60s. Two TheCore Venos were killing the ones on the beginning of the path with their Golems. My Cleric friend asked me for help in killing them, since the Venos kept KSing her and she had asked three times already to party them and they had blatantly refused.

So we go and kill a few a bit further on the path. I hear a, "Stop KSing," from one of the Venos and I didn't think much of it. I was racing through them with my Dodon Laronist. Next thing I know, my friend, who was the Director of TheCore at the time, whispers me calling me all sorts of names and tells me to stop PKing them.

Seriously. I don't know if it's the BGS (Big Guild Syndrome) or just high-level Venomancer attitude, but damn. The higher Venomancers become, the stupider they get. I have already requested that my guild kill me if I ever turned into one of those.

Oh. Good example of Dumb High-Level Venomancer: A certain person who leaves their big-**** "Gloss" out in the middle of West Archosaur, making stores unclickable. \m/ Hardcore. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yea i never get ksed and ks to me is when im killing something and someone else comes out of nowhere attacking it. not IF either me or someone else is THINKING about attacking something doesnt mean you own the target

I agree with Varsity. I view KSing as when a person comes up and just attacks the mob when you've obviously already got it. I know some of the more attack based classes (basically anyone other than clerics) will try to "help" you by finishing off the mob when you're about to die (maybe not so much in this MMO but definitely in others I've played). I understand though how a lot of melee classes like barbs and bms can get a little ticked at the classes like castors and archers who don't have to chase down their opponent, but veno's have the pet, which usually does have to chase down the opponent, and if you're like every other veno in PW you either have a phoenix or a golem which is pretty frickin' hard to miss.

Archers, I understand, can have a hard time with KSers. I party with my boyfriend all the time (he plays an archer, and his attack range is further then my veno's casting range) and I swear if it weren't for the fact that I'm watching the monster's hp bar drop I wouldn't know that he was attacking the thing. Archer's have such an insane attack range and the arrows are darn well near impossible to see that unless you're really watching it can be hard to see that an archer may already be taking aim at your target. then you have the dilema of casting time. It takes a caster more time to make a move than a melee class, so who got it first. The one who was already casting? Or the one who just ran up and smacked it?
    Egh. I think Venomancers overall are pretty rude. Yes, I know. I'm a Venomancer. And I don't mean every Veno. Just a few that I came across are rude or just plain stupid.
    Yeah, hi level Veno's I've noticed do tend to have an ego of some foul nature. I'm not saying all, but all that I've come across. So I've devised a method to keep myself humble. As I level I'm working on keeping up a cleric as an alt. That will bring your ego back down in a hurry. ^w^
  • IronCleric - Sanctuary
    IronCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've always loathed the Venomancer class. But never been upfront about it.
    When you kill steal, you do it. Don't deny it and say you got there first.
    Maybe the guy had it targeted and hit F1 so he runs straight to it and you didn't see that. Or maybe its his fault entirely. Whatever the case, it doesn't matter how fast you run or if you can soul transfuse and be "invincible." Both of you are at fault here.
    1 Corinthians 13:4-13
  • Magicz - Dreamweaver
    Magicz - Dreamweaver Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This happens with my wiz, and my old veno... I first start casting at the mob then another class just shoots it then I attack it, then we both finish it off, and they accuse me of ksing, not always but sometimes, even though it is not all of my fault...
    Member of Dynasty! BTW RBorn died b:sad

ARCANE b:dirty > LIGHT b:surrender!!! b:angry b:angry b:angry

Current Goal: SPAM teh_fishey!

Highest PvE Attack: 22k on FB59 Drake Boss, non-sparked, non-critted, BM dragon, Veno Amped debuffed Sandstorm, lvl 62 Attack, ARCANE FTW!!! b:dirty
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Just kill those who get on your kill steal or get on your nerves.. oh wait.. i forgot..
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Nice name calling ... Reread my post, I never said Archers never apologize. I stated the Venomancers I've run into who have KS'd have always apologized to me (mentioned Venomancers because it was more on topic). The few Archers who have KS'ed me often type "LOL" without me even typing anything (I know not all Archers do this). That's not nice in my opinion.
    /COLOR]

Then what's the point of mentioning that most of the KSers are archers and then that VENOS usually apologize?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but it did looks suspicious to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • DoctorHouse - Sanctuary
    DoctorHouse - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ok, there are obvious KS'rs, those that start attacking your mob when you have already put in 2-3 attacks. those aside.

there are a lot of falsly percieved KS's. Archers and Wizards, are usually the most "blamed" mostly because of long casting times. Clerics, Wizards and Archers, will usually reserve their longest ( and most powerful ) casting spell first shot, as the Mob has no agro yet. (note: Archers have added problem because they can have the longest range)

in the mean time, you could have another player casting or running to that same mob.

Also many casters tend to use the Macro, in order to fire fast and in a specific order, just less clicking. this means that by the time you realize your mob is also being attacked by another player you have already 1-2 shots in, and dpending on how strong you are to that mob, that may well take it beyong 50% of its HP.

As for comments, regarding one race being more rude than others, I dont think pixel graphics have anything to do with it, people are people, you'll find mature and immature players behind any Char.

On my Veno I had little problem with accidental KS'ing, because my Volcanic Golem is slow as a turtle on tranquilizers. and I usually wait till he takes a hit or two, before I start firing, lest the mob runs to me, and slow poke has to chase him.

With my Cleric, I just stop firing, and Buff the other player, and/or invite. unless your farming for mats, just team up, this way everyone wins.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yesterday, I was experiencing lag which would sometimes exceed 15 seconds. For example, sometimes I would try shooting and nothing would happen and my monster would run up to me and then all of a sudden it would be teleported backwards and all of my attacks would go off and it would die.

But my problems were intermittent, and I was fighting down-level monsters (9 levels down, for dq drops so I could complete my dragon quest). So even with terrible lag, I was fairly safe.

Anyways, sometimes I would steal people's kills. And sometimes they would steal mine. I had gotten used to this and was just, plinking away, silently, and sort of trying to avoid other people's kill areas. And then another archer accidentally shot one where i had gotten first shot, and he apologized (him: sry, me: no problems, him: cool :)

Later on, we would steal each other's adds ("ty", "yw" :). Was fun! :)

(He also helped me get my drops. Also, he is on my friend's list now! hi!)

b:pleased
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've always loathed the Venomancer class. But never been upfront about it.
    When you kill steal, you do it. Don't deny it and say you got there first.
    Maybe the guy had it targeted and hit F1 so he runs straight to it and you didn't see that. Or maybe its his fault entirely. Whatever the case, it doesn't matter how fast you run or if you can soul transfuse and be "invincible." Both of you are at fault here.

Maybe you're one of those people who needs to turn up the graphical quality on their computer. Unless the veno's are complete jerks (which about 50% of them are, I'll admit) they will usually rein their pet in if you got the first hit. I think it's unfair that venomancers are the most disliked class in PW just because we can take care of ourselves. It's not a veno's fault we're fast and beat you to your target. We shouldn't have to scour the area and go through this check list of, "Okay, is anyone running towards this mob, no. Is a ranged class casting/taking aim, no. Is anyone even within a 25 meter radius so that they could potentially start casting, no." That's just ridiculous. I've seen bms and barbs ks way more than any veno, so it's not fair to peg that accusation on our class.
  • Pumpkin - Dreamweaver
    Pumpkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've Ks'ed barbs plenty of times every now and than.How is it that he got the drop when i laid about 90% of the damage on the same monster.Your not gonna tell me that a barbarian who is one of the most low damage dealing classes can send 6k of damage when my pure magic veno was stacking magic spells that never miss .Maybe when u landed less damage it was because you were in a squad.Anyways i wasn't ks'ing and my settings are usually on 50% distance so i see whats around me.This is just Hatred towards my Venomancer that i am receiving.Funny thing...you usually see the Veno's pet and even on best performance there usually visible.like i said My pet wolf is 7 speed and his flesh realm never misses and only gets used if i see the monsters hp at 100% .
    You who said landing more damage is KS'ing, that's the same thing the idiot who harassed me said.To make matters worse they're reaction is to click report **** on me and competely exajurates the situation.
    This is why we have a blacklist,to keep all the moaners silent.
    Than again Blademasters do miss occasionally so maybe they're just overwhelmed with hatred because there attempt to get first hit was fail.
    From what I've seen i was attacking a monster with 100% of his hp so i kept attacking it.When I'm playing on my barbarian,his weapon duration only decreases when he lands damage...if he misses nothing happens to the coin/endurance.Sadly I look at the big picture of the situation and these other players are very rude towards me.All i got from this was */Moans You stupid veno halt your pet ,i have a veno lvl80 it's easy shut up "
    Flesh Realm pet skills duration is 15 seconds which usually cools down fully same time i finish kill.
    Well i ran out of things to say and have these angry nerds on my Blist PWI is a perfect world :DDD lol!!!

I am sorry if i KS'ed you un-intentionally maybe Melee damage missing on hits the problem....or my super fast wolf i dunno.
    From my perspective my damage landed first every time although i do ks occasionally by mistake i see when that happens.

hmmm archers.... there awsome range and knockback skill versus my veno with 24 magic range....I rarely ever even get the chance to ks one cuz i can see the damage happen so fast >_< *goes to next mob*

b:thanks my head hurts ,camera rotation...*gets seasick*
    I'm so Misunderstood b:cry
  • Earane - Dreamweaver
    Earane - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I agree with Varsity on this. I have a venomancer too, and I haven't yet had anyone telling me I KSed them, nor have I felt anyone knowingly ksed me yet... it does happen that while I'm approaching a target someone else does too, but it isn't exactly hard to switch in that case. We venomancers are quick too, so we can find a new target fast enough. Mainly I switch if the other player is closer to (initiating attack on) the mob in question then me/my pet.
  • alymara
    alymara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Oh the good old days when people actually quested and had to interact with each other on the 0verland maps.
    Bait/Lure, Enrage/Trap, Burn/Kill Those simple 3 steps have been killing Trolls for centuries. "Praylor Falcus"
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    alymara wrote: »
    Oh the good old days when people actually quested and had to interact with each other on the 0verland maps.

Way to pointlessly necro a thread to channel some stupid nostalgia.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver
    Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Way to pointlessly necro a thread to channel some stupid nostalgia.

When in Roam

Anyone got any waffles? b:thanks

No pancakes please b:victory
  • PumpingIron - Dreamweaver
    PumpingIron - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    this KSing is such a mess. I hate ppl who steal my kill when I try to joyfully reskill lvl 30s b:sadb:angry
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Options
This discussion has been closed.