Expansion Preview - Genie System

Comments

• Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    Thraxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dieseasily wrote: »
    You guys keep referring to genies as pets, and keep asking if they can attack. This is post number 18 from Xarfox. Note that they are not "pets"" but more seperate skill sets for your character.

if they do not directly attact or participate in battle....why do they have equipment slots as mentioned in his 1st post? o.0

b:cry i think they are trying to confuse us b:cry
    (and its working b:chuckle )
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have a question.

Is the genie like a pet from Ether Saga?

It really seems like it minus the HP and dealing damage part from the pets in Ether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if they do not directly attact or participate in battle....why do they have equipment slots as mentioned in his 1st post? o.0

b:cry i think they are trying to confuse us b:cry
    (and its working b:chuckle )

What is something that most non-white weapons/armor/jewlery can do?

Buff the characters stats.

Increase cast speed

Increase XP gained

Increase DR%

Have increased damage/armor/evasion stats.

I imagine that equipment for the Genies would serve much the same purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    anyone have a screenshot of a Genie?
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Shougo - Lost City
    Shougo - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    not sure if this was aswered already, but from what i read the genis cant act on their own. So if the Owner is stunned, does that mean the Genie can't cast also?
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    not sure if this was aswered already, but from what i read the genis cant act on their own. So if the Owner is stunned, does that mean the Genie can't cast also?

i hope yes :P and i hope it has a casting time too :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i just noticed this will make mele classes alot stronger and they will have even less trouble with increaced defense mobs venos will deal more dmg and archers can now do alot more magic dmg...

while wizzies... still only do magic dmg... increaced abit atleast......
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2009

To be honest, this could go either way. veno pets still act when the veno is stunned... but if genies could do the same, it might be too powerful since they can always act... hmmm..... idk, but that's a really good question. o.o

I'd rather have the genies being stunned when their masters are stunned.... o.o
    i just noticed this will make mele classes alot stronger and they will have even less trouble with increaced defense mobs venos will deal more dmg and archers can now do alot more magic dmg...

while wizzies... still only do magic dmg... increaced abit atleast......
    Well, there's still a chance for [non]-affinity skills. Those would do physical damage. I've been thinking about who would be "partially-restricted" from what element and wizards would likely be blocked from wood not [non] if present. Also, Humans in general will likely have a unique skill, perhaps that skill will be more useful for wizards than blademasters? o.o
  • nini09
    nini09 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    anyone have a screenshot of a Genie?

don't know if this is someone's creation or real, but here it is:
    3352276258_f1836b2210_o.jpg
  • nini09
    nini09 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    here's another:
    3352276224_08191cb50a_o.jpg
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    nini09 wrote: »
    [...]

The site your linking to doesn't seem to like it... I'll see if I can upload those 2 to another source. o.o

nevermind o.o
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    double post... sorry...
  • giarc
    giarc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If this is an all class pet that means it will attck for all classes not just venos right?b:surrender
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    giarc wrote: »
    If this is an all class pet that means it will attck for all classes not just venos right?b:surrender
    Xarfox wrote:
    Can Venomancers use Genies? If so, can they have a regular pet summoned, as well as a Genie summoned at the same time?
    Yes, Genies are all class pets, and yes, they can be summoned at the same time as normal Venomancer pets.

In short, yes. All Classes can make use of Genies and they will "attack" for everyone. o.o
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Boring...b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hazelstorm
    hazelstorm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If everyone can have a pet... what is the meaning of being a veno?
    If everyone get a "purify" skill.. what is the meaning of being a cleric?

If this logic keeps on going its better ban all classes and everyone learn the skill that he/she wants...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hazelstorm wrote: »

If this logic keeps on going its better ban all classes and everyone learn the skill that he/she wants...

Several clases can use bows. Does that make them archers? No, since only the archer can do the big damage with them.
    You can find other weapons on the same situation in which several classes can have it but only the actual class can do the big damage with them.
    edited March 2009
    hazelstorm wrote: »

Genies are not battle pets like a venomancer's pets are, and they will never be able to replace them because a battle pet is, most importantly, her tank which is something a genie simply cannot ever do.

Not everyone will get every ability, and not all abilities will be available to all classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazelstorm - Lost City
    Hazelstorm - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Several clases can use bows. Does that make them archers? No, since only the archer can do the big damage with them.
    You can find other weapons on the same situation in which several classes can have it but only the actual class can do the big damage with them.

Those are diferent things... everyone can deal damage with or without bows, purify stops any debuff or overtime damage and only clerics can do that, isnt the same things with weapons.

I'm taking about my class... but those genies will have skills that was specifics from some classes... if only venos could deal wood damage and now everyone can??? The same question... why be a veno? These things are not adding anything new, they are only reducing the differences among classes... that is my point.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Blood clot mentions only bleed btw, not every debuff.
    edited March 2009
    Those are diferent things... everyone can deal damage with or without bows, purify stops any debuff or overtime damage and only clerics can do that, isnt the same things with weapons.

Is someone comparing Bloodclot with Purify?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    nini09 wrote: »
    don't know if this is someone's creation or real, but here it is:
    3352276258_f1836b2210_o.jpg
    I find the lack of arms disturbing. Other than that this one looks pretty cool. Not too fond of the chibi puppy lookin thing though.
    edited March 2009
    I find the lack of arms disturbing. Other than that this one looks pretty cool. Not too fond of the chibi puppy lookin thing though.

It's probably forgotten since a lot of fantasy art of winged humanoid creatures such as fairies, winged elves, angels and more as having arms with the wings attached to the back at where the shoulderblades would be, but a lot of creatures that have wings don't have arms because the wing itself is a highly specialized arm meant only for flying much as the one in the picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    The details on the armor could never be achieved when you have wings for arms. This is an outrage!
  • Shadwrage - Sanctuary
    Shadwrage - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Oh for God's sake, why do you veno's worry so much about this stuff like Blood Clot? I mean it's not like ur friggin cash shop pets didn't already give u a HUGE advanatage, now ur complaining that we can even the playing field a little bit? seriously >.>
    and the Rumbling Thunder skill, first of all you guys have pet skills and pretty strong magic damage, secondly it does damage based on NOT the physical damage, but the physical HIT RATE, so for axe BM's (like me)and barbs it's practically useless, i can only really see this being helpful for an archer or fist BM

I love this Genie pet system and i can't wait for it to come out
    and to all you veno's i've seen on here, QUIT COMPLAINING, u will still b a dominant power i suspect, i'm sure they will let that remain the same. we OTEHR classes just need some kind of thing to balance it out a bit
    edited March 2009
    Oh for God's sake, why do you veno's worry so much about this stuff like Blood Clot?

I've heard more non-venos crowing about it than anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Oh for God's sake, why do you veno's worry so much about this stuff like Blood Clot? I mean it's not like ur friggin cash shop pets didn't already give u a HUGE advanatage, now ur complaining that we can even the playing field a little bit? seriously >.>
    and the Rumbling Thunder skill, first of all you guys have pet skills and pretty strong magic damage, secondly it does damage based on NOT the physical damage, but the physical HIT RATE, so for axe BM's (like me)and barbs it's practically useless, i can only really see this being helpful for an archer or fist BM

I love this Genie pet system and i can't wait for it to come out
    and to all you veno's i've seen on here, QUIT COMPLAINING, u will still b a dominant power i suspect, i'm sure they will let that remain the same. we OTEHR classes just need some kind of thing to balance it out a bit
    Rofl. Veno's get two new pets a few months ago and start holding their own and even progressing some and ya'll scream but you same people were telling us to quit our QQ about being one of the two weekest classes in the game prior to that. b:chuckleb:chuckle

Our new pets evened it up some and now yer QQ about that... With the new Genies, even with ya'll using blood clot, your gonna wish we never got them. You thought we were overpowered before (although we are not).. We WILL be as soon as this comes out. I already predict epic QQ threads over this.

Just remember.. blood clot is one skill used to defeat one bugged pet skill. Veno's will be using the OTHER new skills to destroy you even faster while you use one skill to try and stop our Nix's from bending you over and making you **** sore. I look forward to it. lmao!

Veno's..... the QQ about us has YET to reach it's ultimate max.. just wait and mark my words... once these Genies come out, the Veno hate will increase 10 fold b:laughb:laugh

~S
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Rofl. Veno's get two new pets a few months ago and start holding their own and even progressing some and ya'll scream but you same people were telling us to quit our QQ about being one of the two weekest classes in the game prior to that.

Our new pets evened it up some and now yer QQ about that... With the new Genies, even with ya'll using blood clot, your gonna wish we never got them. You thought we were overpowered before (although we are not).. We WILL be as soon as this comes out. I already predict epic QQ threads over this.

Just remember.. blood clot is one skill used to defeat one bugged pet skill. Veno's will be using the OTHER new skills to destroy you even faster while you use one skill to try and stop our Nix's from bending you over and making you **** sore. I look forward to it. lmao!

Veno's..... the QQ about us has YET to reach it's ultimate max.. just wait and mark my words... once these Genies come out, the Veno hate will increase 10 fold

~S

Your a litttle late on predicting that Sat, I did that long ago lmao. b:laughb:laughb:laugh They have no idea whats gonna happen to them
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Apparently flesh ream is going to be fixed at some point, with or without the genies, THEN it might even. With flesh ream, it's redicilous. I can 3 shot chemisoul (no crits) and I still can't do **** against her flesh reaming nix. I would have to crit my 2nd shot to be able to kill her b4 I get ****, especially when I can't outlast the nix 4 second stun when it flesh reams for 2k.
    Venos might get powerful against heavy classes with the genies (if they atk alongside the veno like the pets) but with the glass cannon classes that can normally 2-3 shot venos, they would get **** just as fast as flesh ream **** the enemy. Double KOs all around. It's going to be dumb if genies are out and the flesh ream isn't fixed.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    also as far as i can tel the genies will do all magic dmg which means that melee attack classes can now take anything and mages will still have to run if a magic resist pops
This discussion has been closed.