unlimited mp through hp?

devildee
devildee Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
Somoene told me that venos don't need mp pots because of the xfer skill.

How do you xfer hp to mp?
Post edited by devildee on

Comments

• Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    devildee wrote: »
    Somoene told me that venos don't need mp pots because of the xfer skill.

How do you xfer hp to mp?

Hmm...

This is a combination of 3 skills. Nature's Grace, Metabolic Boost, and Soul Transfusion.

At max level, Nature's Grace restores 50% of max mp.
    Metabolic Boost restores 50% of max hp.
    Soul Transfusion switches your hp and mp based on %Percent%.

Meaning if you have 100% hp and 20% mp, and you use it, you will then have 20% hp, and 100% mp.

By using these skills together correctly, you really shouldn't ever have mp trouble, especially at later levels. (excluding bosses with mana leak).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I find I still use pots on occasion, but not really that much. The trick is to keep one stat (HP or MP) at around 100%. Keeping HP that high shouldn't be hard if you use your pet as a tank and be careful not to steal it's aggro or to draw too many mobs. Basically, nothing should be hitting you (unless you're dealing with stupid AoE bosses). When you're MP starts getting critically low, simply do this:

1.)Nature's Grace (boosts MP up a %, mine's at 29% I think, maybe 35%)
    2.)Soul Transfusion (switches HP and MP, you now have max MP and low, but not critical HP)
    3.)Metabolic Boost (boosts HP similarly to Nature's Grace)

After that, you should have max MP and high if not max HP. Since you weren't being hurt in the first place, there's nothing to worry about with the HP and you can let it heal naturally. If you're worried, one HP pot should fill it up.

Soul Transfusion is also very useful in that emergency situation where you DID draw a ton of mobs, or one just spawned right on top of you, or something else just went terribly, terribly wrong. Your critical HP can be switched for critical MP while you run/fly away. Since neither running nor flying take MP (though further hits may take HP), you're again good. Find somewhere safe and meditate for a while.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Any way you slice it Soul Tranfusion is an awesome skill. Be careful not to get killed when flipping HP/MP but considering you sound like a Poison Veno you probably will not be able to take a hit anyway. Another good thing here is that sometimes your MP or HP will regen faster during meditation and if you need the other filled more you can just flip. I would recommend still keeping a pot around but you should not need to use them very often. Even a Fox like myself does not use that many Pots unless I am biting off more than me and my pet can chew.
  • unknown862
    unknown862 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the traditional way of doing it has been explained up there...

The other way of doing it for the fox build veno:
    1-Leech (Leech Hps) (80% or 100% of getting HPs back)
    (Soul transfusion) (swap % HP/%MP)
    2-Consume spirit (Loose few HPs and regen MP faster)

only bad thing about this is ur in melee range, have to watch out for AoE, Leech is only 80% success unless u go sage and learn the sage version of Leech that is 100%. Furthermore, Consume spirit/Leech are high lvl skills, so may take a bit more money to level them.

Good thing about it is, the CD of skills are lower, u can do this more frequent than using Soul transfusion, nature grace, metabolic boost.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Nacra - Sanctuary
    Nacra - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I agree with what was told before, just a little warning - Squad non-veno members tends to get scared after Soul transfusion ;)
    Soul Transfusion with ~5% mp sometimes causes reactions like "Veno died???", "You ok?", "What happened?" and so on ;)