Are clerics really that much better than wiz?

Leonator - Sanctuary
Leonator - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Wizard
I have a level 23 LA wiz I still die alot and everyone says cleric is better in the long run so are they really that much better?
Post edited by Leonator - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Wildstar - Harshlands
    Wildstar - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wizard will always be better damage dealers than a cleric. Fact of life.

Cleric:
    Pros:Awesome healing spells and buffs(which the buffs are needed if you want to compare to a wizzy), physical damage spells, can fly from the very beginning and once maxed out the base wings are extremely fast
    Cons:Can't compete with Wizzies in damage dealing, without investing points into buffs you'll be further weaker than a wizzy(meaning you have to choose whether you put spirit into attack spells or buffs), just as low defense as a wizard...

Wizard:High Damage, Have healing spell which allows them to be a backup healer if needed, Good self buffs
    Cons: Definitely not as good healing as Cleric, only have one semi useful buff spell for squads, low defense and hp, cannot fly until level 30

Edit: Something else that may interest you though is that a cleric will usually beat a Wizard in PvP/PK and Duels. Their physical damage spells tear robe users up and since they have magic as well they are a very good/flexible class for pk if used right.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have a level 23 LA wiz I still die alot and everyone says cleric is better in the long run so are they really that much better?

Both classes have thier strong points and weaknesses. Comparing classes at such a low level is futile.

Wizards will always have a higher spike damage. Clerics can approach Wizard damage in rare cases...but thier strength is thier healing/buffs. It's always give and take.

Put a Cleric and a Wiz together against a group of enemies with the initiative being on thier side? Whole lot of hurt coming down very very quickly.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Both classes have thier strong points and weaknesses. Comparing classes at such a low level is futile.

Wizards will always have a higher spike damage. Clerics can approach Wizard damage in rare cases...but thier strength is thier healing/buffs. It's always give and take.

Put a Cleric and a Wiz together against a group of enemies with the initiative being on thier side? Whole lot of hurt coming down very very quickly.
    I like WillFire's strategy. A wizard + cleric team would dominate against any other class in PK/PVP. As long as the cleric keeps up with the heals and throws in some of his more powerful mag atks we could drop any other class.

Ex:

A full int Veno atks the wiz/cleric duo. Let's say the wiz/cleric duo are lvl 40 and the Veno and her pet are lvl 45. As long as the wizard focused on the pet and used WoF to knock back the pet while the cleric drops Plume Shots all over the Veno it would be a done deal.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I like WillFire's strategy. A wizard + cleric team would dominate against any other class in PK/PVP. As long as the cleric keeps up with the heals and throws in some of his more powerful mag atks we could drop any other class.

Ex:

A full int Veno atks the wiz/cleric duo. Let's say the wiz/cleric duo are lvl 40 and the Veno and her pet are lvl 45. As long as the wizard focused on the pet and used WoF to knock back the pet while the cleric drops Plume Shots all over the Veno it would be a done deal.
    Yeah... 2v1 fights are like that. Regardless of class.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah... 2v1 fights are like that. Regardless of class.
    Yes but technically a Veno is always 2v1. If they're good they can split they're attack between 2 different people and maybe even come out on top.
  • acidstorm
    acidstorm Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wizard will always be better damage dealers than a cleric. Fact of life.

Cleric:
    Pros:Awesome healing spells and buffs(which the buffs are needed if you want to compare to a wizzy), physical damage spells, can fly from the very beginning and once maxed out the base wings are extremely fast
    Cons:Can't compete with Wizzies in damage dealing, without investing points into buffs you'll be further weaker than a wizzy(meaning you have to choose whether you put spirit into attack spells or buffs), just as low defense as a wizard...

Wizard:High Damage, Have healing spell which allows them to be a backup healer if needed, Good self buffs
    Cons: Definitely not as good healing as Cleric, only have one semi useful buff spell for squads, low defense and hp, cannot fly until level 30

Edit: Something else that may interest you though is that a cleric will usually beat a Wizard in PvP/PK and Duels. Their physical damage spells tear robe users up and since they have magic as well they are a very good/flexible class for pk if used right.

Okay so MGs have low defense you say ? How about doing maths.. anything else but robe MG sux anyway.. so fill your sockets with pdef stones + earth pdef spell which adds 150% to your physical defense. And their HP being low ? Refine your equipment and enjoy the high numbers. <-- in case your MG is about 90+ of course that's where they start to shine.

You're welcome.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    acidstorm wrote: »
    earth pdef spell which adds 150% to your physical defense.
    wat

The amount of demon wizards in pwi isn't very big, and I'm sure the amount with demon earth barrier is negligible, if above 0.
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    acidstorm wrote: »
    Okay so MGs have low defense you say ? How about doing maths.. anything else but robe MG sux anyway.. so fill your sockets with pdef stones + earth pdef spell which adds 150% to your physical defense. And their HP being low ? Refine your equipment and enjoy the high numbers. <-- in case your MG is about 90+ of course that's where they start to shine.

You're welcome.

The shield only gives 100% unless you went demon at level 89. agree with the other stuff
  • Elahim - Lost City
    Elahim - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm fairly certain no MGs have either earth barrier scroll yet. But check the stats again.

Heaven earth barrier - +120% phys def +150% earth def
    Hell earth barrier - +150% phys def + 120% earth def

+30% phys def hell over heaven is good and all, but at those levels (100+ when you can farm it) it will make hardly any difference in physical reduction. Clearly Hell EB>Heaven EB but the difference is not as large as you would think.
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Something else that may interest you though is that a cleric will usually beat a Wizard in PvP/PK and Duels. Their physical damage spells tear robe users up and since they have magic as well they are a very good/flexible class for pk if used right.

Actually as a mage myself I can one shot any cleric my level or a few levels above with Blade Tempest. I can do this in duels too so I wouldn't go as far as to say that clerics are better in PVP/PK. BUT.... until you get to level 60 clerics will probably **** you in pvp/pk because they can spam heal themselves but again if its you that gets the first hit then you (the mage) will most likely win.
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wizards suck. Don't argue with me unless you are 90+
  • Ddsp - Lost City
    Ddsp - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    spirea wrote: »
    Wizards suck. Don't argue with me unless you are 90+

Jeez!!!!!!! Did your char just get **** by a wizzy?
    I like my wiz and my archer and view them as close to the same but i could stomp my archer with my wiz and there is a +7 lvl advatage to my archer.
    Chill. Hell this IS just a game and none of the classes suck. Just the player. And even then just as in chess anyone can be lucky or luckless.
    ddsp: Archer-Lost City
    Plan: Run around and kill!!!
    Results: Epic Fail
    Concern: None-It is just a game.b:nosebleedb:nosebleedb:nosebleed
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Jeez!!!!!!! Did your char just get **** by a wizzy?
    I like my wiz and my archer and view them as close to the same but i could stomp my archer with my wiz and there is a +7 lvl advatage to my archer.
    Chill. Hell this IS just a game and none of the classes suck. Just the player. And even then just as in chess anyone can be lucky or luckless.
    You're an idiot if you think your pathetic blue-colored name has any meaning regarding class balance.

Also, Spirea is a 9x wizard.
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Spirea is a 9x noob mage(deamon)...
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Clerics surpass Wizards on all aspects except dmg and still the diference is small, also don't expect to beat a cleric on 1v1, you simply won't. Wizards have the earth barrier that gives max 100% item's phy def, pretty cool but Clerics have buffs that increase all def values(60%) and m-attack(70%) not to mention Plume Shell (but that's useless against mages), also Clerics have that sweet spell called Plume Shot wich does Physical dmg very fast without misses or any other problems a melee would face wich **** robes better than Archers (without crits). Then there are other things to take into acount like the variety of spells, Wizards have LOTS of spells so they don't get you bored easily, Clerics have only a few attacking spells, effective yes but only a few - many people don't mind that but that's another story. Both have sleep i think wizards have a sleep spell, Clerics have a sleep and a paralise spell aka stuns (sort of)

In duels a Wizard will always suck in compare to other classes - especially cleric. In PK everything's possible - still I'll insist that the first strike wins a PK battle when it comes to casters... the dmg is just too high even with charms.

Bottom line, it's all about preferances. I like Clerics, others like Wizards each individual has it's own tastes.
    If you wanna decide what's best try both, it's as simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Clerics surpass Wizards on all aspects except dmg and still the diference is small, also don't expect to beat a cleric on 1v1, you simply won't. Wizards have the earth barrier that gives max 100% item's phy def, pretty cool but Clerics have buffs that increase all def values(60%) and m-attack(70%) not to mention Plume Shell (but that's useless against mages), also Clerics have that sweet spell called Plume Shot wich does Physical dmg very fast without misses or any other problems a melee would face wich **** robes better than Archers (without crits). Then there are other things to take into acount like the variety of spells, Wizards have LOTS of spells so they don't get you bored easily, Clerics have only a few attacking spells, effective yes but only a few - many people don't mind that but that's another story. Both have sleep i think wizards have a sleep spell, Clerics have a sleep and a paralise spell aka stuns (sort of)

In duels a Wizard will always suck in compare to other classes - especially cleric. In PK everything's possible - still I'll insist that the first strike wins a PK battle when it comes to casters... the dmg is just too high even with charms.

Bottom line, it's all about preferances. I like Clerics, others like Wizards each individual has it's own tastes.
    If you wanna decide what's best try both, it's as simple as that.

you're possible the most ignorant cleric i've ever seen next to mystic.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    you're possible the most ignorant cleric i've ever seen next to mystic.

And you the most retarted one, shouldn't you explain yourself? And get it in your freaking head Forum = exchange of opinions. Thanks for wasting 20 secs of my life. Idiot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    uhh wizzies can get those buffs too lol
    DUH
    especially in pk/TW
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    uhh wizzies can get those buffs too lol
    DUH
    especially in pk/TW

All classes can get buffs but that doesn't mean they will always be buffed non-stop, I'm reffering to Wizards or Clerics or whatever individually, alone - how else can I explain that? Is it so hard to understand?

Read my post already..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    And you the most retarted one, shouldn't you explain yourself? And get it in your freaking head Forum = exchange of opinions. Thanks for wasting 20 secs of my life. Idiot

i have no reason to explain myself. you blantantly insulted every mage saying that a cleric is better on every aspect, even though everybody knows that isn't true.

exchanging your opinion is one thing, deliberately demanding everybody follow yours as law is another. you're ignorant, now shut up.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    exchanging your opinion is one thing, deliberately demanding everybody follow yours as law is another. you're ignorant, now shut up.

Just when did I demand people to follow my opinion? Just curious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    here:

and here:
    All classes can get buffs but that doesn't mean they will always be buffed non-stop, I'm reffering to Wizards or Clerics or whatever individually, alone - how else can I explain that? Is it so hard to understand?

Read my post already..

it's not that you said it directly, you implied that you are correct; that people failed to read the **** you spew. guess what? your opinion isn't always right.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I'll just let other people decide if I imply my opinion on others or not - you're the only one complaining about that so far.
    You fail to see my point so whatever.... and stop picking on me on every single post I make - I express my opinion, don't like it? look away or point out your opinion on the matter. All you do so far is calling names because I "dared" to say something that you don't agree with. Is it so hard?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    actually, i never called you any names. you called me some names, :(.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    actually, i never called you any names. you called me some names, :(.

See bellow:
    i'm a cleric and i say you're both ******* for figuring yourself better than anyone.....
    the exact opposite of what you idiots are dueling.
    i don't need your permission to call your dumbass an idiot. and, please, don't get started about your irl-tough guy business b:shutup

Pleased? The links are on the quotes, go ahead and check to who are all those insults pointing at, if you want read a couple of pages back as well to see who started it. Kid :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    that's then, this is now. i haven't called you anything in this thread, you're insulting me. everything i said was a direct response to your stupidity, if you're going to try and bring it up again, i'll do it again.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    that's then, this is now. i haven't called you anything in this thread, you're insulting me. everything i said was a direct response to your stupidity, if you're going to try and bring it up again, i'll do it again.

The solution is simple: stop stalking me.
    I stopped posting in that archer vs cleric thread cause I wanted this to end but no, you still keep following me like a dog after a bone. Cut it out.

P.S.
    I'm not gonna reply to any other post you make. It would only go to waste anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    cleric fight in mage turf..

stop spreading your influence on us b:cry
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    i'm stalking noone, i'm finding something to do while i fly around doing my wq.
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Mikel_oru, I appreciate your opinion but I have to say that you must explain your opinion other words and in other terms and not like that...
    Specially if you DON'T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA about mage. Of course yousaid that mages have earth barrier iwhc may double phsyyca defence...everyoby know that bc that is at lvl 9...
    I am still amazed you are aware about the sleep spell..the sleep spell for mages may need 20 apocalypse pages but guess what, that spell is instant!!! so clerics dont have time to do a plume hot in duel if the spell is learned...Not to mention theundine strike wihc already can reduce the earth-water-fire resistence by 60% for 12 secs and can be spammed!!! And the balde tempest can 1 hit any robe users 1 hit even without the undine strike.... Oh and did I forgto the lvl 100 skills for mage?? If you want to say something about that you should learn that one too before you say anyhting that you are so sure that clerics are better. Manifest virtue which increase teh attack rate on the weapon according the max MP( 100 MP = +1%) and mages have far more Mp than any class with the wlesspring skill can increase for 60% the MP and at lvl 100 they may get 18,000-20,000 MP I say...so that is about 180-200% more...and lasts 30 secs the Manifest Virtue...
    Of course how can yo know this...you only saw lowbie wizards which died in 1-2 hits...But try facing a lvl 100 wizard and you see they can be strong..I didn't mentioned the other 100 skill bc I never saw it and teh secription does not show direct things..may be better or not that good...Of course I heard clerics have more survivability at lvl 100 but still they can be killed not much harder than mages...
This discussion has been closed.