HH80 stun spear vs dragonlance

dave379
dave379 Posts: 34 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Blademaster
Which 1 should I go with? Both are HH80. The stun spear is the vicious scythe with the ability to stun people for 3 seconds and it's a poleblade. The dragonlance is a pike and has spikes, which raises ur def and gives u reflect (25%). The pike has more min atk and less max atk than the poleblade. Both have +178 acc while the pike has +12-13 vit and the poleblade has +10-11 str.

I already have the HH70 precursor to dragonlance, but I also have the mats for the HH70 precursor to stun spear. Which one should I go with?

THere's also a lvl 78 legendary spear that has the pierce effect(chance to lower defense) with +56 phys atk and +165HP.

*note the dragonlance is the precursor to the hh90 gold beserk spear while the vicious scythe is the precursor to the other hh90 gold spear(stun/seal spear).

I'm having trouble deciding which one I should get. I was originally going to get both HH80, but having 2 would be too expensive to keep up.
Post edited by dave379 on

Comments

• Wingedcross - Heavens Tear
    Wingedcross - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    they seem to be better for different classes, the spear seems better vs magic classes/archers...extra stuns + str would of course make for easier killing, while the pike with its +def/vit and reflect seems geared for melee pvp, like barbs and other BMs

So which do u have more trouble with? get the weap that works better for the class giving u a tough time

my 2 cents XD
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I really like the vicious scythe, but I'm getting dragonlance (because berserk TT 90 is better than the stun/seal)

Another good thing about the dragonlance would be for aoe grinding, as increasing ur def and reflecting damage can help save cash and kill slightly faster
    I also possess the lvl 78 spear u mentioned, massive champion, since i"m not yet lvl 78, haven't tested yet, but what I mainly expect is a better version of my Backstab Piercer

Overall I would get teh one that you are most easily able to get as both are pretty good weapons
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dave379 wrote: »
    Which 1 should I go with? Both are HH80. The stun spear is the vicious scythe with the ability to stun people for 3 seconds and it's a poleblade. The dragonlance is a pike and has spikes, which raises ur def and gives u reflect (25%). The pike has more min atk and less max atk than the poleblade. Both have +178 acc while the pike has +12-13 vit and the poleblade has +10-11 str.

I already have the HH70 precursor to dragonlance, but I also have the mats for the HH70 precursor to stun spear. Which one should I go with?

THere's also a lvl 78 legendary spear that has the pierce effect(chance to lower defense) with +56 phys atk and +165HP.

*note the dragonlance is the precursor to the hh90 gold beserk spear while the vicious scythe is the precursor to the other hh90 gold spear(stun/seal spear).

I'm having trouble deciding which one I should get. I was originally going to get both HH80, but having 2 would be too expensive to keep up.

Backstab Piercer is the best PvE weapon for level 70, and Massive Champion (level 78) is also a PvE weapon.

It suits very good the AoE grinding or normal grinding.

Dragonlance is also a PvE weapon, since the effect is not that great on PvP and it only works against BMs and WBs.

Even then, I consider Massive Champion to be better at PvE because of Pierce (and the range).

Also, something to consider is the money. Dragonlance is very expensive to make, and gives so little in return.

Yes, it is true that it is required to make the berserker spear; however, the materials for that HH90 gold Spear are VERY VERY VERY difficult to get, so it takes a lot to get them (if you ever get them).

So it is better to get any other HH80 weapon, and when you get the materials to craft the HH90 gold spear, then you will have enough money to make dragonlance again.

On the other hand, Vicious Scythe is a very good option for your HH80 weapon, even when the effect has a very low chance to procure.

Also, the HH90 Poleblade is much easier to get than Angder and is a very option to have until you get (if you do) the Berserker Spear.

But if you have spare money, then I suggest you to get either "Jade Heart: Radiance" or "Ifrit of Wrath", HH80 gold weapons (and very easy to make, I think you can even make them for less money than Dragonlance).
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I just want to say lol at people thinking they will ever get a zerk spear over a GX. No guild will ever give the souls to a spear warrior over an axe. So when considering your 90 spears, you might want to leave that out in your decision.
  • dave379
    edited March 2009
    I was also looking at Ifrit of Wrath, but then I don't know what to do with my HH70 spear and the mats I have. Not many people buy spears so it would be hard selling it. I guess I could trade my broken gold shards for tough gold shards if I really wanted the dragonlance. How does the dragonlance give so little in return though? But how is the massive champion a better PvE weapon than dragonlance? Does its pierce activate more than the pierce on backstab? Also, isn't the range on massive champion less than that of the pikes?

The main thing I don't like about poleblades is that they have less min attack than the pikes. I actually wouldn't mind getting the Ifrit of Wrath, but it's a poleblade. And I just don't like Jade Heart at all (no effects or anything =\ )
  • Deadeyes - Dreamweaver
    Deadeyes - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I just want to say lol at people thinking they will ever get a zerk spear over a GX. No guild will ever give the souls to a spear warrior over an axe. So when considering your 90 spears, you might want to leave that out in your decision.

lol? If your guild discriminates against you because you use a spear instead of an axe then your guild is full of morons. Its not the weapon that makes a good player, its how you use it.

IMO, go dragonlance, then berserk spear. I say dragonlance because the ability is awesome imo, I know I loved it on the sting of thorns when I had it, and it saved my butt so much, and berserk is just awesome.
  • dave379
    edited March 2009
    yeah I'm probably going to go with dragonlance. Based on my experience, weapon effects that gives you bonuses seem to activate more than weapon effects that debuff things you attack. Therefore, the spikes on dragonlance should activate a lot more than the pierce on my backstab spear. I also really like the Ifrit of Wrath now and Im trying to decide between that and the stun spear. Because the ifrit of wrath can't be used for HH90 gold, it doesnt seem as appealing but I still like it.