Options
2»

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Velvetta stole Calamity mold

Im not sure on your current roster of members but remember..You did FBs with RoC..Enrage is no longer RoC..Its a bunch of people from diff guilds..Possiable Mold stealers now.

Admittedly, I didn't know about that. Even so, we aren't 2 members big and I think your half and half is unfair. And YES I did FBs with RoC, but not like I just suddenly STOPPED when I switched to Enrage. Same group of people I run with, same rules. Tabber keeps drops unless s/he wants to sell/give it away. And yes, we have new people now, many of whom are from Radiance *rolls eyes*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I replied and then it said I have a 30 second timer since I post fast between threads

am FTW...

PEW PEW
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Velvetta stole Calamity mold

Im not sure on your current roster of members but remember..You did FBs with RoC..Enrage is no longer RoC..Its a bunch of people from diff guilds..Possiable Mold stealers now.

A lot of people in the EnrageFB room are former Radiance and long time RoC from one point or another. I believe both factions had the standard "all 3stars/molds to tabber" rule.

Also, why do people think people who kill other players are monsters if they see them in town with a red name? People whisper me and are surprised that I respond to them in a positive manner. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I replied and then it said I have a 30 second timer since I post fast between threads

am FTW...

PEW PEW

What? ( )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A lot of people in the EnrageFB room are former Radiance and long time RoC from one point or another. I believe both factions had the standard "all 3stars/molds to tabber" rule.

Also, why do people think people who kill other players are monsters if they see them in town with a red name? People whisper me and are surprised that I respond to them in a positive manner. b:surrender

RoC sucked and Rad does now...Enrage will take the map TBH..

Everything boss drops(besides coins) is given to tabber.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Oh I have another sterotype
    *DevilsCry is a Grammar ****

b:chuckle

How can I be a Grammar ****........If I dont even use proper grammar? LOL
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    RoC could have pounded your **** o.o Too bad they're off playing Dawn of War now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    RoC could have pounded your **** o.o Too bad they're off playing Dawn of War now

RoC couldnt handle Radiance..Enrage can now..Idc RoC is dead and so is Rad.
  • Crazy__erik - Heavens Tear
    Crazy__erik - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A Grammar **** is anyone who comments about spelling...so, you can be a Grammar **** and still make mistakes as ironic as that sounds.

You do it with a smile on your face, so it's all good!

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A Grammar **** is anyone who comments about spelling...so, you can be a Grammar **** and still make mistakes as ironic as that sounds.

You do it with a smile on your face, so it's all good!

b:pleased

*Smile* O mai gawd, yoor speeling soooo baaaaaad (jk)

Actually I wish Hong would have let us fight all out against Rad before he hung up his coat. We did get a lot stronger since the last the we lost to them, but never got to fight them. Now I have to wait for Enrage to brush against Rad to test that out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    *Smile* O mai gawd, yoor speeling soooo baaaaaad (jk)

Actually I wish Hong would have let us fight all out against Rad before he hung up his coat. We did get a lot stronger since the last the we lost to them, but never got to fight them. Now I have to wait for Enrage to brush against Rad to test that out.

I suppose, O well Hong sucks. LMAO

That guy that calls me a Grammar ****..Jus call me G Hitla
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hello G-Hitla
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Julyah - Sanctuary
    Julyah - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi all...kinda new, but I still have developed some "stereo-types" of my own. Speaking ONLY from my experiences and be open...

*Archers are the worst thiefs out there, without a doubt...now as a Barb, I lock in and it takes some time for me to reach my target, but Archers, more than any other class I know...shoot the kill at the very last second after I soften them up.

* I'm not a fan of Venos that think they are a "tank". If you wanted to be a tank, you should have picked Barb...get your own word for what you do. How about "Vank"

* Generally speaking, Higher levels are the most immature and selfish players when it comes to a Wraith War. It's like they shut off their brains and just relive kindergarten again. The Higher the level, the more they think every kill is theirs and they "own" this patch of land.

* Clerics are the kindest people around. As an ex-Army medic, I identify with them completely...hundreds of idiots running into battle unprepared and then screaming out for band-aids every 2 minutes. What gets me is when one of the "I need a REz NOW" players doesn't even thank them or give locations.

*Unless it is a reknown Faction, I don't trust anyone to do my FBs with. In fb39...I had sweet drops from the passage, but I escaped with just a rhino horn. A f'n rhino horn? One player from Radiance stopped and gave me back some prizes, but the others jetted immediately with their stolen loot. So stero-typically speaking...anyone screaming they will help with a FB, should not be trusted.

That's all I have off the top of my head...hope it's worthy of my first post.
    Thought I'd barge in here waving my opinions around since it's maintenance and my regular forum is full of "I can't connect" -messages.

Anyways, back on the post I quoted up there.

Archers: My main char is one (ignore the forum char) and I know what it feels to miss a few special attacks and doing only half damage on a mob that's breathing down your neck.
    Archers who give the final shot to a mob are just doing what they'd appreciate, without thinking a BM or a Barb might like to have their mobs at melee range. This of course only applies to archers picking on mobs they know they can't steal loot rights from.
    Also only applies on questing areas where you most likely won't kill mobs for XP.

Venomancers: Best soloers like people say. Why shouldn't they slap it on your face every now and then, and show how it's done. Arrogant, yes, but that's what Veno's are all about. :)

Higher levels: They've been through the hard times of leveling with a bunch of ignorant and stupid people. Why should they think any better of low levels now that they're high levels themselves.

Clerics: I do like the ninja-buffing they sometimes do, and I thank them for it, but also they are the worst "Rez plz!" whiners around. About 50% of the people needing rez are clerics themselves.

I'm not disagreeing with those opinions there, just pointed out that people can have very different opinions on the same things; and that only proves stereotypes wrong.

When it comes to MMORPG's it's really hard to make stereotypes of people, for all we know he/she might just be playing the char and that he's not like that at all in real life or on his other chars.

Guys playing female chars, girls playing male chars, so what? It's called ROLE playing game, then again there's so many different people. Some just like to watch opposite gender's behind more than they like their own gender's. I don't blame them, you're going to watch that behind for a long time.

Personally I don't have any stereotypes other than for the badly named chars. Personally I like the names that fit within the atmosphere of the game, so any real names and made up fantasy like ones are ok, but "l33tPwNr", "UrMoM" or "Legolas11234" (btw, have those Legolases actually tried every number from 1 to 11234 when they've made their char before getting a non-taken one) are not ok, and if I see just one line of text from those guys that confirms my stereotype of that person then it's byebye for good.

guess that's it for now, game should be up now if I counted the time difference correctly.
    [Tech Support Junkie]
    Player 1: "I dont believe this is an off-topic worthy thread."
    Player 2: "It's not even worth it for lower depths. What do we do?"
    Player 3: "Delete it?"
    Mod: "Moving this to tech support."
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hello G-Hitla

Wanna be a Grammar ****? I got my oven ready

KIDDING dont cry over this post in no way is it supposed to be offensive..Its a joke just so you crying kids know.
  • Zap - Harshlands
    Zap - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I love the diversity in classes and wish they would consider making more. I can see why some people say this though.

I have also heard of unspoken truces in race (hard core gamer thing xP).
    Nuff said.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I love the diversity in classes and wish they would consider making more. I can see why some people say this though.

I have also heard of unspoken truces in race (hard core gamer thing xP).

Nerd thing..No one cares sorry dude.

Why do ppl reply with large ammounts of text..

They need to open a window
    edited March 2009
    Options

Clerics: I do like the ninja-buffing they sometimes do, and I thank them for it, but also they are the worst "Rez plz!" whiners around. About 50% of the people needing rez are clerics themselves.

Higher levels: They've been through the hard times of leveling with a bunch of ignorant and stupid people. Why should they think any better of low levels now that they're high levels themselves.

1. I think is a fabulous observation, I chuckled when I read that, cause it is true

2. No one said think better of low levels...simpily remember how tough it was. Respect isn't earned via a "rank" or "level" - the WORST fb I ever joined in on was a High level running through killing everything and not letting the tabber experience the thrill of the kill. It's an arrogance that grows on MOST high-levels...they think a number dictates who they are more than their actions. If a high level was to just let one low-level get a wraith kill instead of bullying his way to every kill...wouldn't that make the new person happier and more willing to stick with the game? Me...I'd like to see even MORE players come and stay in the game, rather than see them frustrated because High levels kill all the rhinos for hay, rush through fbs with no interaction and dominate everything in a wraith war.
    The high levels NOW, didn't have to experience these growing pains that the "nubs" do now. That, in my opinion is what makes people abhor high-levels in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    there are more than one offensive stereotype in the mobs themselves, such as the prisoners, the scrunchinkin (looking like weird versions of African tribesmen). im rather suprised that these have never been mentioned anywhere.

but i agree completely with the comments about how terrible one class, etc. i play a veno most of the time. i dont PK, i dont KS (knowingly, that is, and apologise on the spot when i do accidently), i dont duel, but as a veno, i get included in the overall hate directed toward my class. IRL, this would be considered racist....but is acceptable in gaming? why do the mods not step in and stop this?

...not as perfect a world as i had hoped.

oh, and as a note to player DevilsCrys- for someone so new to the game, it would be wise to be less critical of others who are more experienced.

I
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    LOL Nwo, Lol Vert

If their leader wasnt so belligerant and dishonest, maybe his guild would be more respected.

PKing people barely able to PK for rankings isnt pro.

Also, people stereo type us venomancers like we're robots, and noobs, and useless without a phoenix.
    Im sure theres godly venos who dont need legendary pets to own my **** :V

Yeah. That's who I was referring to... You got me. But I was serious about that. I've never had a problem with any of their members. Yeah, Vert is Vert. But I've actually taken the time to talk to some of the people I've worked with, and they say he's not too bad. Both sides biased? Maybe. I have no clue. Last I checked, my Faction was Obscurity. I'm sure there are people out there that hold us in high regard as well as the people that hate us. I know for a fact that a few of my members love to PK anything that moves. Their reason: You know what it mean when you click that PK button. It's the risk you face.

And on the note of Robots... Aren't we kinda? I mean... In all fairness, we can grind and grind and grind and grind... I've actually taken to farming FB59 mobs for Darkness Stamps now instead of the lower ones like I was doing. Why? Because I can. Simple as that. There are only a few classes that can. And none of them really do it as well as Venos. We kinda develop a reputation. Whether we're guilty of things or not... We get lumped in.

As for Noobs who can only do anything using Pheonix... Smash and Hyacinth both have a few words to say about that. b:laugh Hint: Neither of them are a Pheonix.b:chuckle Yeah. My two main pets are in fact a Crystalline Magmite, and a Florafang Guard. My Magmite is also my PK buddy. Does pretty well, too.

And really. Who needs legendary pets? I mean, kudos to all you that have them. Congrats and what not. But in the end, was it worth it? I understand, you paid for it, and you paid out the wazoo to get them, and they're worth the effort. But, I have to ask one thing of you. When you've done all the things in this game... Take a look back at everything. Which thrilled you more? Doing it with a Legendary Pet designed to do everything, and smashing through every obstacle and challenge? Or is it those attempts, that some times ended in failure, where you overcame extreme odds to accomplish something that almost seemed impossible? I know where my answer lies. But that's just the kind of person I am. And if you answer the other way, then good for you as well. We all get our enjoyment in different ways. Maybe having Ultimate Power is your favorite part of games. Maybe being the Underdog and coming from nothing to acheive victory is. But no matter what the answer for you, saying that all Venos are useless without Legendary pets is not only completely wrong, it's stupid and stereotypical.

And yes, I know with that last comment, I'm being stereotypical. But really, we're only human. We're never going to change completely. I accept that, move on, and find other ways to make myself a better person.
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    1. I think is a fabulous observation, I chuckled when I read that, cause it is true

I think clerics should be asking?

If they were in squad, and they were healing and resurrecting their companions, their companions should never need to be calling for help.

Or maybe I am just being stupid?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    On my case the decision of being a BM using dual swords/blades and play on Santuary. This decision I made it after I downloaded the game without knowing which decision was better (I just thought about it for less than a minute).

I just made a quick decision to start playing the game. I guess many people do that but are not expecting to be sterrotyped.

Stereotyped are silly since many players have several different characters.

Regarding Rezz. I die pretty often and I have never asked for rez (except on FB's). Honestly, If you die the best for you is to lose the exps, so you can get more spirits and coins to improve your character prior leveling up. That's how I see it.

I guess being a BM you get the best part on this since people don't expect you to be the best on anything.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i think character name has alot more to do with it then race/class etc..

if i see someone named "deeznuts" asking me to join his group, and he looks like the classic white emo haircut, ill ignore him quicker then anything.

i feel thats tottaly alright in my book, but if its a normal name, or a attempt at a normal name, or something funny, or anything other then the likes of
    'urmom' 'ultrakillerpwn' 'legalos' <-- i cant stand those..
    LOL @ "urmom" .. thats the perfect name for a veno with a phoenix running around ks'ing everyone.

The guild point is very valid tho. Guilds are groups of players with the same goals, soo for example the guild "ragequit" basicly represent your average schoolyard bully. So even if ur a 'nice' person but ur in that guild everyone is going to assume the worst. Its your own fault for not realising where you are.
    I’ve been noticing that people make stereotypes based on:

Server: If you play on PVE or PVP sever
    Race: Any of the races. (some actually hate people because they are in some races)
    Class/Pet: If you use a particular weapon path or pet.
    Guild: If you belong to particular guild
    Level: If you are high or low level.

Server: PVP
    Race: Veno
    Class/Pet: Phoenix
    Guild: RageQuit
    Level: Mid 8x
    Oh and those people don't like my name
    -Forgot to mention, my phoenix is named StrapOn

I hate you all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

b:dirtyb:dirty

defected b:dirty

haha :P
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Isala - Sanctuary

And really. Who needs legendary pets? I mean, kudos to all you that have them. Congrats and what not. But in the end, was it worth it? I understand, you paid for it, and you paid out the wazoo to get them, and they're worth the effort. But, I have to ask one thing of you. When you've done all the things in this game... Take a look back at everything. Which thrilled you more? Doing it with a Legendary Pet designed to do everything, and smashing through every obstacle and challenge? Or is it those attempts, that some times ended in failure, where you overcame extreme odds to accomplish something that almost seemed impossible? I know where my answer lies. But that's just the kind of person I am. And if you answer the other way, then good for you as well. We all get our enjoyment in different ways. Maybe having Ultimate Power is your favorite part of games. Maybe being the Underdog and coming from nothing to acheive victory is. But no matter what the answer for you, saying that all Venos are useless without Legendary pets is not only completely wrong, it's stupid and stereotypical.

And yes, I know with that last comment, I'm being stereotypical. But really, we're only human. We're never going to change completely. I accept that, move on, and find other ways to make myself a better person.
    One of the best responses I've read!

I've had good experiences squadding with every class out there. Although I get asked a lot less to squad when I play my veno, most groups are pretty good.

I only judge people on their actions. For example,

While playing a new Wizard, I witnessed a Barb helping everyone with the Human Lvl 4 jump quest. I ended up getting carried/flown to the bridge. This promotes his faction more than any talking would.

Kill stealers? The #1 reason I am considering switching to PvP.