Any Statistics here?

Flamingchill - Heavens Tear
Flamingchill - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
Well I'm currently wondering if you guys can answer some of my easy non opinion-totally- bias questions. Lets being lol b:victory

1) What pet has the highest atk/ atk growth? This is exlcuding rare or legendary pets.

2) What pet has the highest def overall? Excluding rares, legendaries, magmites, or mechcrabs

3) Which is the best of the flying pets? Excluding rares and legendaries again. Which flying pet species are the best? *E.g. Insects, Foxwings, Birds*

4) Is there any way a Venomancer has a SLIGHT chance in PK without phoenix, herc, kowlin? If so, tell how. b:shutup

Thanks if you can answer these questions. Byeb:bye
I curse you and my curse is that you be what you already are..!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Flamingchill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    1) What pet has the highest atk/ atk growth? This is exlcuding rare or legendary pets.
    Varicose Scorpion has the highest atk with a lvl 90 stat of 3336. I don't know about atk growth.
    2) What pet has the highest def overall? Excluding rares, legendaries, magmites, or mechcrabs
    Jaden Qingfu, that little starter bug, with a lvl 90 stat of 7758. Mags and mechcrabs have higher, but you excluded them.
    3) Which is the best of the flying pets? Excluding rares and legendaries again. Which flying pet species are the best? *E.g. Insects, Foxwings, Birds*
    Most venos seem to agree the Petite Sawfly (lvl 8 mob I think) is the best flying pet. It's an overall pet, meaning it isn't great at any one thing, but it's good at everything. It's probably best at atk. If you want to specialize to one thing, this may be different, but I kind of doubt it. The only other one I see is the Foxwing, and almost all it's stats are worse (acc and speed are better), but it's cuter and has better starting skills.
    4) Is there any way a Venomancer has a SLIGHT chance in PK without phoenix, herc, kowlin? If so, tell how. b:shutup
    Can't say personally, as I've never done PVP, but I've seen a lot of posts in the "Venos are overpowered" threads where Venos claim to pwn without Phoenix.

As for pets overall, here are the two general rules:

At any given level, the more levels a mob has been trained at, the better it's stats. To explain this, take the lvl 17 Crystaline Magmite and the lvl 32 Torgrin Brave. Tame them both and lvl them to 90, and the Crystaline Magmite's stats will be noticably higher. Different types of creatures (mags vs wolves) may specialize in different things, so type matters more than lvl (lvl 19? Carapest Terror can tank magic mobs better than any lvl 2 wolf or scorpion).

The higher the starting level of the mob, the more/higher level skills it will start with. I don't have any specific examples for this, but I know the Undines get the frost spell, slow, and an HP regeneration spell. The low level undines may only have the frost spell at lvl 1, whereas the Undine Princess may have it at lvl 2 or 3 and have the others at lvl 1.

Basically, if you want stats high, get a low lvl mob and train it up. If you want the skills high, go for a higher lvl mob. The stats can never be made up for, ever. A lvl 90 Crystaline Magmite will ALWAYS have better stats than a lvl 90 Torgrin Brave. The skills can be made up for, but it's costly, at I think 300K to learn a skill and 200K for each level you want to upgrade it.

All stat info is based on: Ecatomb Pet Stats. It's a great resource.
  • Flamingchill - Heavens Tear
    Flamingchill - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thank you!

I got another question...lol very sorry..but uhh

1) What is this Celestial Plumpfish lol

2) Is there like a uhh..2nd highest dmg? Cuz Scorpions, although they DO look cool, aren't uhhh my style of pets..b:surrender

3) Is this rule valid : The cooler the pets look, the suckier the stats
    I think its true since all those awesome looking lv70+ pets have lame stats, especially the Death Knight. I need other people's opinions so lol
    I curse you and my curse is that you be what you already are..!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devildee
    devildee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well I'm currently wondering if you guys can answer some of my easy non opinion-totally- bias questions. Lets being lol b:victory

Thanks if you can answer these questions. Byeb:bye

From what I'm seeing ingame so far...if you wanna be any kind of strong (pvp or pve wise) then you will need a legendary pet. You will HAVE to farm for legendary or buy it with $ at one point or another.
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thank you!

I got another question...lol very sorry..but uhh

1) What is this Celestial Plumpfish lol

Its a tamable level 80 water mob
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    2) Is there like a uhh..2nd highest dmg? Cuz Scorpions, although they DO look cool, aren't uhhh my style of pets..b:surrender

I'd say either the soft catopod, the sharptooth wolfing (or it's kin), or the eldergoth marksman. The catopod has 3117 at lv90 according to ecatomb. The eldergoth is at 3162. I'm not exactly sure where the wolfkin is in comparison (not listed), but it's the next likely ground canidate for highest attack baring the above and golems. It also has flesh ream from the start. So it's worth looking into if your on a budget. o.o
    4) Is there any way a Venomancer has a SLIGHT chance in PK without phoenix, herc, kowlin? If so, tell how.
    Well, beyond the fact that any pet can have flesh ream? The biggest advantage any "low level common" pet has vs. those is that a common would have is that their skills may be easier to adjust to suit your needs...

Beyond those 2... idk, I'm not a pvp expert. o.o