Question on Wizard Sheilds ?

Wiizman - Heavens Tear
Wiizman - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Hi i would like to get some opinion / advice , from exp wiz's on the wiz sheilds, is it worthwhile
getting all 3 , or is just one better than the other two, or whats what. b:sad
thanks in advance
Post edited by Wiizman - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Not worth getting all 3 at the start, I went with Earth and water for the mana regen at the start. When you start to get higher lvl magical mobs become more and more abundant and the shields are a must.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Fire shield is only useful if you are fighting fire magic mobs. The hp regeneration is not really worth it in my opinion.
    Water shield helps against water magic mobs and the mp regeneration helps because you will be using a lot of mp. Unfourtunatly it is affected by the 75% reduction in combat.
    Earth shield like the other ones helps against its element and the physical resistance helps a lot. Physical resistance is always a problem with robes
    I would upgrade Glacial Embrace(water) for the mp and Stone Barrier(earth) depending on how good you are at keeping your opponent at a distance.
  • Wiizman - Heavens Tear
    Wiizman - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ohhh ok, sounds fine, thank u , please ppl keep with good advice or opinions, i would to hear from more, b:thanks
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I find all 3 sheilds to be useful - mine are completely maxed out now, and I couldn't be more happier.

Glacial Embrace/ Pyroshell actually do save you money (cut down, but does not, unfortunately, elimanate the need for HP and MP pots) in the long run, and Stone Barrier is, in my honest opinion, essential for survival - even if the little bit of phys def doesn't seem to help, it really does. I was able to tank the boss in fb29 at level 35 with help from a decent cleric because I kept up with my sheilds, and I can survive explosions even though I have almost nothing in HP.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Ladyselene - Heavens Tear
    Ladyselene - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    theres a sub forum for each class so maybe you can pick up more hints there
    [SIGPIC]http://i43.tinypic.com/x549ac.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Friends are like stars, you dont have to see them to know they are there

We can't call people without wings angels, so we call them friends instead

Friends are the roses of life: pick them carefully and avoid the thorns