Frostcoreved Squad Mode Quest

Oumff - Heavens Tear
Oumff - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Frostcovered city: Squad Mode Quest

I would like to have tips from any experienced players or advice on how to complete it successfully.

I have my curvade quest completed, squad mode is open.

I went there with a good team squad mode, it went well but mobs aoe is so high , it took forever to lure and kill. b:shocked
We finally decided
to leave the cave.

I spoke with players,some are saying that the quest is bugged other they just trashed the quest.b:surrender

Is it faisable?
Please if you can give some good tips, it will be appreciated!

Hope 1 day this quest will be out of my inventory! LOLb:chuckle

Comments I found from another player

16 02-13-2009, 04:04 PM
I've gone to squad mode a few times with a group of friends, about 4 times I
believe. It takes 4-6 hours to kill the first 3 bosses, Then after you kill
the 3rd boss, the hallways get respawned with mobs all over again, and you
have to kill more u_u, we never finished.. someone always had to goto sleep.

Also seems one of the squad mode quests doesnt work, killing the 'Jaegers'
doesnt add to the quest kill count(though the other mobs for that quest work
normally), and a bugged quest npc appears after the 3rd boss. We never got
deep enough to find Frost Lord Holan either.

Practically all the mobs aoe(expect 1shot arcanes), and blue ball doesnt
work... hello Soon, the Light. (vit cleric with channeling gear and maxed
Soon ftw)
Post edited by Oumff - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    try again with full 90+ party with good gear b:cute
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I do believe one of the quests is bugged, unless it was recently fixed. The jaegers didnt count twoard the quest. All the other ones worked normally last I went. The dungeon does take a looooooooooooooooong time though.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Frostcovered city: Squad Mode Quest

I would like to have tips from any experienced players or advice on how to complete it successfully.

I have my curvade quest completed, squad mode is open.

I did my curvade quest, yet squad mode is still not available... Is there some other requirement?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Princella - Sanctuary
    Princella - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I did my curvade quest, yet squad mode is still not available... Is there some other requirement?

It did the same thing to me too, I complete my curvade quest yet the squad mode still won't open. b:sad If anyone cane tell us why please help, will appreciate it b:cry thanks.b:cute
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Squad mode is like TT squad mode, it wont open unless you have 4 or more people in your squad.

I've tried Squad mode once. After finally figuring out the best way to kill those annoying Glacix elementos(ranged tanking btw) we'd spent over an hour to get to the first boss. Where we all died. Except me because I never DD on a boss we know nothing about until the tanking/healing has settled XD.

AFAIK you'll need at least 2 clerics and a tank and a veno.

I think there's no point in being serious about it until you have TT90 gear.
    I like pie
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the problem that I have with the quest, is that it's given to you at 75, yet the substances needed for the ultimate orbs can only be mined in loranthis and momagnon (which at 82, I still can't get into).. so I've had like 8 quests in my quest log for 7 levels now that I can't even think about doing properly..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • hula3000
    hula3000 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have my answers, we did 3 quests (Ruthless, Lost Souls (from glacix: elemento) and find priest) of the 4 quests we had and received 2 new quests from NPC Priest and Holan (Yeah, Holan is a NPC). What I understand from those quests is:

If you do the glacial and Blacial Crystal quest received from Holan. the completion of it will open the door for you to kill boss needed for quest received from priest, last wish. But, as we picked up the crystals before we received the quest from Holan. When we get back to Snow Palace and Frost Palace, the crystals have not respawned and we were not able to complete the quests. You must do Glacia temple first then the rooms for crystals. (Snow Palace and Frost Palace)
    Mobs needed for revived murderer quest are located in the same area of the quest Lost soul. We have not see them but this is what the quest says.

b:kiss Please note that the Jaeger located at Glacia temple are the only ones that the quest will be picked up.

b:laughYou know what? b:chuckle... instance reset on us.. b:victorySo after 9 hours spent there we still have 3 quests to do. LOL

Oumff
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    the problem that I have with the quest, is that it's given to you at 75, yet the substances needed for the ultimate orbs can only be mined in loranthis and momagnon (which at 82, I still can't get into).. so I've had like 8 quests in my quest log for 7 levels now that I can't even think about doing properly..

You need to complete FB89 to enter those places.

Here's the fun part. You need to make wines for FB89 (like most other FBs). But the mats are the super high grade mats available only in cash shop or loranthis and momaganon.
    So you will either have to buy those mats from cat shops, the cash shop itself, or ask a friend to go into those 2 places and farm it for you.
  • Sundown - Heavens Tear
    Sundown - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This is one of those very few cases where the game designers did something stupid. Why exactly, should we have to get these quests way, way, WAY before we're supposed to be able to have a chance in hell at completing them? Or are we all supposed to play Venos with lame unbalanced Hercs that way it all works out?
    And I personally have a huge damned problem with missing out on one quest so far in the entire game because some dumbass programmer made it impossible to get to Frost Lord Holan before you level up past the ability to get his quest. That's nothing but bull-****.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    @ Sundown: you can get Holan's quest at any level, even after it dissapears from the quest finder, so don't stress it. It's actually mandatory to complete it in order to progress further into the instance.

@boo4u: The expansion map does not suck. I used to think so at first too, then I realized it houses a very easy world boss and a nifty little lost chest amongst other things, both of which my faction farms regularly. Not to mention that, to the best of my knowledge, it's the only place which lets you trade tome frags for card bosses, and it contains the forges to make the nifty blue armor set :] I will agree that the map is rather small; however it's only the first of the 4 new maps that the expansion brought (crescent valley, unicorn forest and the desert being the other 3, although I will say good luck getting to them :) You'll need it :] )
    b:dirty
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Or are we all supposed to play Venos with lame unbalanced Hercs that way it all works out?

You need a barb and 2 clerics minimum to do this place, so I dont know what advantage you think a low level veno has. You cant even do the curvade part solo since you will never kill the timed mobs within the time limit.